HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF Gm#4 KINGS v. CANUCKS 4/18/12 ... loss, Kings up 3-1, regroup Game #5

Old
04-20-2012, 08:38 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Schneider stole game 4 and has outplayed Quick in games 3 and 4. Quick needs to be the better goalie in game 5 if the Kings want to win the series.

The Kings have been the better team overall and the Canucks goalies have kept them in their games. Quick is getting all the pub because the Kings are up 3-1, but the Canucks goalies have performed better overall in the series. The Canucks got some bounces in game 4 and their PP dominated the Kings in the 3rd period for the win.

The Kings were still a penalty shot away from tying the game in the third. Kings just need to play more physical and they should win game 5. Everyone knows that they are a better road team, not sure if they are still trying to play up to the home crowd.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:28 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

How can you be outplayed when you shutout the other team?

I will agree that there were more quality chances for the Kings in Game 3 than there were for the Canucks.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:32 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

The team that gets to the net most often is going to win Game 5.

With Richardson joining the Kings lineup if everyone else does their jobs and the Vancouver defense continues to play as it has, the Kings will be fine.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:41 AM
topliner967

Stoll was 75% on faceoffs, if he can keep that up it'd be huge for the PK (Canucks powerplay looked much more dangerous in game 4 than previously).

topliner967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
How can you be outplayed when you shutout the other team?
I will agree that there were more quality chances for the Kings in Game 3 than there were for the Canucks.
When the other team generates more chances, Quick didn't work very hard for his shutout. Schneider has given up 2 goals in 2 games, Quick has given up 3 goals in 2 games. Schneider gave up a bad rebound and lost the game 1-0.

The Kings gave up more chances in game 4 than game 3 and Quick gave up 3 goals. The Kings had more chances in game 4 than game 3 and still only scored 1 goal. The Kings achilles heal all season has been offense and they aren't going to win the series scoring 1 goal per game. Vancouver will not be shutout again in this series.

Of course, neither goalie has won a 4th game in a playoff series. At least Quick finally won 3 games in a series, now he just needs to win that 4th one to send the Kings to the second round. Rinne won his series last year and got the contract extension, if Quick wants his $7 million, he needs to close out Vancouver.

Last edited by Sydor25: 04-20-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:55 PM
DaAnimal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Game 4 by the numbers (some really interesting stuff in here):

http://www.jewelsfromthecrown.com/20...nd-the-numbers

Kings outchanced Vancouver (scoring chances) for the 4th game in a row. This was the first game where they edged Vancouver in 5 on 5 possession time.

Stoll's line from a match-up perspective was the most-eye opening.
well i still think we have a problem (which has always been a problem in the beginning) "finishing."

Though I'm happy that stoll is winning 75% of the faceoffs and penner is doing A LOT better, the rest of the team needs to pickup the slack.

Carter needs to step it up. As for DD, i wasnt paying too much attention to him in game 4. How well did he do? His play has a lot of effect on our team, but from my guess, he was sub par?

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 02:35 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaAnimal View Post
well i still think we have a problem (which has always been a problem in the beginning) "finishing."

Though I'm happy that stoll is winning 75% of the faceoffs and penner is doing A LOT better, the rest of the team needs to pickup the slack.

Carter needs to step it up. As for DD, i wasnt paying too much attention to him in game 4. How well did he do? His play has a lot of effect on our team, but from my guess, he was sub par?
The faceoff % shocked me. Watchign the game it seemed liek Vancouver was winning a lot more the draws. Maybe they were just winning the key ones.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 03:27 PM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
The faceoff % shocked me. Watchign the game it seemed liek Vancouver was winning a lot more the draws. Maybe they were just winning the key ones.
Both teams have been TCOB on the draw in their D-zones. Commendable, but we need to gain some ground on that front.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 03:55 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Would like to see the Kings score more than 1 goal per game against Cory Schneider. In two games he's only allowed 2 goals while facing 66 shots. He's a pretty tall goalie, so it would be wise if they had more traffic in front of him and obstructed his view. Schneider has seen too many clean shots and hasn't had to make those tough second or third saves.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 04:20 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Would like to see the Kings score more than 1 goal per game against Cory Schneider. In two games he's only allowed 2 goals while facing 66 shots. He's a pretty tall goalie, so it would be wise if they had more traffic in front of him and obstructed his view. Schneider has seen too many clean shots and hasn't had to make those tough second or third saves.
Don't forget he also got help from the post and had a good goal disallowed against him. I don't think he's been all that special in the 2 games he's played, he's just got the bounces so far. Quick had one deflect off Richard's stick, and another one bounce right to Sedin after he made a spectacular blocker save on the initial shot from the point. Playoff hockey is all about bounces, and in game 4, they ALL went Vancouver's way.

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Don't forget he also got help from the post and had a good goal disallowed against him. I don't think he's been all that special in the 2 games he's played, he's just got the bounces so far. Quick had one deflect off Richard's stick, and another one bounce right to Sedin after he made a spectacular blocker save on the initial shot from the point. Playoff hockey is all about bounces, and in game 4, they ALL went Vancouver's way.
The more I think about the dissalowed goal the more I am ok with it. You cannot push a goal into the net which we did. If it had happened to Quick and it was a godd goal I would be screaming interference. So for that reason I think it was a good non call.
The post and the toe save were luck.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 09:41 PM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Sounds like the game is at 5 :/

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote