HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Burkie #1 targets this offseason will be...

Old
04-20-2012, 03:26 PM
ponder

vCash: 500
I think his #1 trade/free agent target BY FAR will be a legit starting goalie, ideally a young one.

I think his #2 target will be suckers to take the Komi/Lombardi/Connolly/Army contracts off his hands. Not saying anyone will bite, but I expect him to try hard to deal any/all of them, and I think he might get rid of a couple.

If we don't draft a center (Galchnyuk or Grigorenko), then a #1 C will be a big target too, but they're very tough to acquire through any means but the draft. He'll try to trade for one, but I doubt he'll succeed. Mostly I think we'll draft a high end C, leave him in the OHL/QMJHL, and continue to use Bozak as the #1 until said player is ready.

Last but not least, I think he'll go hard after Schultz. He could easily be unsuccessful there, but if Schultz becomes a FA and starts listening to offers, you can bet your ass that Burke will do everything in his power to sign him. Burke always goes hard after top NCAA FAs, and Schultz and Gardiner are good buddies who played well as a defensive pairing in the NCAA.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 03:55 PM
jukon
#Nailedit

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0bert8841 View Post
I think Burke tries to acquire:
Bryzgalov or Luongo for cheap
Penner
C. Stewart
J. Staal

They would probably have to give up Schenn and Kadri to get all of them but it would be worth it.
You would think J. Staal narrows it down but it doesn't. I will assume you mean Jordan and not Jared.

jukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 06:50 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

1 of Chris Stewart or Dustin Penner

Steve Ott

A goalie.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 07:06 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
I think his #1 trade/free agent target BY FAR will be a legit starting goalie, ideally a young one.

I think his #2 target will be suckers to take the Komi/Lombardi/Connolly/Army contracts off his hands. Not saying anyone will bite, but I expect him to try hard to deal any/all of them, and I think he might get rid of a couple.

If we don't draft a center (Galchnyuk or Grigorenko), then a #1 C will be a big target too, but they're very tough to acquire through any means but the draft. He'll try to trade for one, but I doubt he'll succeed. Mostly I think we'll draft a high end C, leave him in the OHL/QMJHL, and continue to use Bozak as the #1 until said player is ready.

Last but not least, I think he'll go hard after Schultz. He could easily be unsuccessful there, but if Schultz becomes a FA and starts listening to offers, you can bet your ass that Burke will do everything in his power to sign him. Burke always goes hard after top NCAA FAs, and Schultz and Gardiner are good buddies who played well as a defensive pairing in the NCAA.
I can't imagine Schultz would sign with the Leafs given the depth of NHL-ready D the Leafs have. Komi/Phaneuf/Franson/Gardiner/Gunnarson/Schenn/Liles... There's no room for Schultz since we know that Komi can't be moved. Why would he sign to risk having to play in the AHL?

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 07:49 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

Suter
Schultz
Garrison
Luongo

Bury the bad D contracts and pretend they never existed.

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

A quality starting goalie.

Volcanologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 08:30 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by me2 View Post
Suter
Schultz
Garrison
Luongo

Bury the bad D contracts and pretend they never existed.
But they have one of the deepest defenses in the NHL...

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 09:24 PM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
But they have one of the deepest defenses in the NHL...
Can RC translate it?
Also the question was always to get more talent. I love Gunnar, but if it comes between
him and Suter, its a no brainer.

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote