HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

End of the Whistle era?

Old
04-20-2012, 12:13 PM
VFL615*

vCash: 500
End of the Whistle era?

Do you guys think this is Toots last year?
Interesting article showing both sides are not seeing eye to eye.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...-over-benching

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:15 PM
tserberis*

Yes.

Winnipeg my bet.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:17 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't blame him. I'd personally prefer to see him over Yip. Yip has brought very little to the playoffs. I like Tootoo's speed and ability to finish checks. Yip is bigger that's about it.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:31 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I don't blame him. I'd personally prefer to see him over Yip. Yip has brought very little to the playoffs. I like Tootoo's speed and ability to finish checks. Yip is bigger that's about it.
lol i understand Yip is the new whipping boy but the truth is Yip has more upside and skill than Tootoo. They are both going to be bottom line players and Yip whether you like him or not is better overall. Sure he does not fly around hitting people like Toots and he is not a fan favorite but Yip serves a purpose and he does his role well.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:38 PM
deanwormer

We cannot - an no team should - pay a 4th liner $1.25mil/yr. Toots showed he's capable of playing 3rd line for a short-stretch this year, but that's it. Regardless of the article,etc., I don't see how Toots comes back, unless we specifically downgrade the roster to the level where Toots skates as a 3rd liner - he isn't gonna' take a paycut to stay when someone else will pay him the cash.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:48 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
We cannot - an no team should - pay a 4th liner $1.25mil/yr. Toots showed he's capable of playing 3rd line for a short-stretch this year, but that's it. Regardless of the article,etc., I don't see how Toots comes back, unless we specifically downgrade the roster to the level where Toots skates as a 3rd liner - he isn't gonna' take a paycut to stay when someone else will pay him the cash.
a-freaking-men

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 03:08 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Yip is bigger, doesn't take himself out of the play as often (paid big for the one time he did), and is more disciplined. There is nothing that Toots is doing of late that makes him a clearly better option than Yip. Toots filled a role here, but, we've outgrown a million dollar plus wrecking ball.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 03:35 PM
NoNecksCurse

hopefully weber signs long term... no tootoo or mcgrattan.. biggest ***** team in the league coming up

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 03:47 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

I hate it for Tootoo, because I really like the guy...and I really want to see him out there and competing...but he hasn't been playing sound hockey lately. Too many turnovers, most of which were the result of soft or blind passes. He's done well in the offensive end, but not so much in the defensive end or neutral zone. I think that's where the advantage with Yip is. Yip isn't flashy, and he's not as hard of a hitter as Tootoo, but he's also not much of a liability, either...and that's important.

I think Tootoo had his chance to play his way into the lineup in game 3. He didn't get much ice time (Hali and Yip haven't had much, either) and he lost his cool when Zetterbag held his stick. The other guys have taken penalties, too...but Tootoo never really looked like he was comfortable out there. I'm sure part of that was him being on the bench for so long, though.

I say he doesn't see the ice until (if) we close out this series. Next series, I would give him a second chance. Perhaps either one of Wilson and Smith, too. I don't want anyone to have to go in cold if we happen to get some injuries out there.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote