HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF | Game 5 | Detroit Red Wings @ Nashville Predators | 8:00 PM ET | CNBC FSD SPSO

Old
04-20-2012, 12:55 PM
lilja4mvp

vCash: 500
4-2 preds

lilja4mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:03 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
If the Sens are flying over Silfverberg hoping if they push it to 7 he can play, we should do the same with Jarnkrok, kid just killed it in the Swedish playoffs. He would give us another center that can also play wing, helping mess with the lines maybe give us an option to unite Datsyuk and Hank. Just a thought, either way hoping the season keeps on going tonight. Could use a clunker out of Rinne tonight.
He should get a contract first...

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:29 PM
DeYarmond Edison
bit nipply out

My initial prediction was Preds 5.

Really, really hope I'm wrong.

DeYarmond Edison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:40 PM
FlashyG

Confirmed by Ansar Khan.

"Babcock says he's going with the same line-up as game 4."

FlashyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:46 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashyG View Post
Confirmed by Ansar Khan.

It sure as hell looking like Preds in 5.

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:55 PM
hockeyisforeveryone

vCash: 420
“You can’t look at the big picture,” said Nicklas Lidstrom. “You’ve got to break it down and look at it as winning one game three times. We have to go down to Nashville, win that one game and that will be our mindset. We can’t look any further than that or we’re done.”

I'd love for the Wings to win 15 more games this year and hoist the cup, but today we've gotta hope this isn't the end of a season. We know the Wings can win this one. Enjoy the game boys!

Lets Go Red Wings!!!

hockeyisforeveryone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 02:24 PM
GentlemanMasher*
Registered Abuser

Stu has been a dud. Our D hasn't been bad but he's been out there for almost every goal against. Switch it up. I'd like to see Nick/Nik on the top pairing. Give Nick someone with speed to get back there on dump ins. That's all Nashville's doing. I can't recall any span of time even over just a period where they tried carrying it in. They're dumping everything because they know Nick won't go back to get it, his partner will on the switch up. This hurts a team who is a little slow on D as it is. And our fastest defender has to be Nik. So balance that out there. Then put White/Smith. Give Smith a good responsible vet and then give E another responsible vet, even if he is having a bad series, in Stu.

And for crying out loud put Z and Pav together. May as well roll ZDH. Homer's been playing his ass off and deserves the shot. Then put Mule/Flip/Hudler together. I don't care how badly he feels about that line, we know we haven't scored for 2 weeks now with the current lines. May as well try this. It may not be the best time since they have last change and will send out Weber/Suter against it though. We really should've just done it in game 4 when we had the chance. Win tonight, and do it on home ice.

I think Babcock 99.9% of the time here should not be criticized. I haven't seen one person here who would pass for being enough of an expert to challenge him. But I think he's getting stubborn and almost in a way feels like he's sending a msg to Holland. His comments about "we don't have the roster to answer Weber's hit" sounded like "Ken, go get a tough guy already" and this feels like "get us a real forward, Franzen is bringing everyone down". Could be nothing, could be both, who knows.

GentlemanMasher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 02:29 PM
14ari13

Quote:
Confirmed by Ansar Khan.

Trotz licks his lips and loves it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
It sure as hell looking like Preds in 5.
Stubborn Babcock in 5.

Let's hope the players bail him out. He is completely lost.

14ari13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 02:35 PM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanMasher View Post
Stu has been a dud. Our D hasn't been bad but he's been out there for almost every goal against. Switch it up. I'd like to see Nick/Nik on the top pairing. Give Nick someone with speed to get back there on dump ins. That's all Nashville's doing. I can't recall any span of time even over just a period where they tried carrying it in. They're dumping everything because they know Nick won't go back to get it, his partner will on the switch up. This hurts a team who is a little slow on D as it is. And our fastest defender has to be Nik. So balance that out there. Then put White/Smith. Give Smith a good responsible vet and then give E another responsible vet, even if he is having a bad series, in Stu.

And for crying out loud put Z and Pav together. May as well roll ZDH. Homer's been playing his ass off and deserves the shot. Then put Mule/Flip/Hudler together. I don't care how badly he feels about that line, we know we haven't scored for 2 weeks now with the current lines. May as well try this. It may not be the best time since they have last change and will send out Weber/Suter against it though. We really should've just done it in game 4 when we had the chance. Win tonight, and do it on home ice.

I think Babcock 99.9% of the time here should not be criticized. I haven't seen one person here who would pass for being enough of an expert to challenge him. But I think he's getting stubborn and almost in a way feels like he's sending a msg to Holland. His comments about "we don't have the roster to answer Weber's hit" sounded like "Ken, go get a tough guy already" and this feels like "get us a real forward, Franzen is bringing everyone down". Could be nothing, could be both, who knows.
What the Preds have done, is dump the puck in, go and get it quickly before the Wings get into their positions.
What the Wings have done bad is that they are aggressive 5 on 5. Aggressiveness worked perfectly on PK, but not 5 on 5. And that resulted that we often did not have anyone in front of the net. Trotz adjusted quicky.

Last edited by 14ari13: 04-20-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old
04-20-2012, 02:58 PM
Kronwalled55
Eatin' your hats

Won't take long for Datsyuk and Zetterberg to be re-united. Probably fall behind early... again. Can't hurt at this point, put your 2 guys that are contributing the most together and hope for the best. Can be "too pretty" anymore. Win, win, win.

Kronwalled55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 04:13 PM
needzmoarcleary
I'm Back

I really am at the point this season with this team that I wont be completely bummed if its a first round exit, maybe it'll knock some sense into Holland. However I don't wanna see them get knocked out first round or the second. Come on wings!

needzmoarcleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 04:23 PM
Shoalzie

These guys have a tendency to not go out with a wimper when facing elimination. The Sharks couldn't seem to put them away easily these past two years. They will fight until the final nail is in the coffin. I don't expect a bad effort tonight but I'm not very optimistic at them winning.

It seems odd to say that I'm not all the confident that they can push it to a Game 7 if this does go back to Detroit for Sunday. It's not like they've been the dominant team in either Game 3 or 4 at the Joe. Yeah, they had the bulk of the scoring chances but how many of those really had a shot at being goals?

The Preds played the classic "road game" in both games...solid special teams and got excellent goaltending. The Wings beat them in puck possession but again, the majority of their scoring chances weren't all that threatening. The Wings have played better in the two games in Nashville and based on that, they've got a shot at pushing this one to another game.

I'm sensing either a one goal loss or perhaps they finally breakthrough on Rinne and drop a bomb on him...beat him by 3 or more goals. Howard has to better...I said before, that third period on Tuesday was probably his worst period of playoff hockey as a Wings goalie.

If they get blown out tonight, that's one result that I'll be surprised by. Nashville's offensive attack hasn't been too dynamic...still surprised they've dominated the 5-on-5 scoring differential. Don't make any bonehead mistakes or allow them to create turnovers in the Wings' end...make them earn their goals.

Shoalzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 04:41 PM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by datsykiandeke View Post
I really am at the point this season with this team that I wont be completely bummed if its a first round exit, maybe it'll knock some sense into Holland. However I don't wanna see them get knocked out first round or the second. Come on wings!
Holland or Babcock?
I wonder if that's Babcock who needs to get knoked some sense into his head.

Old
04-20-2012, 04:50 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

This is what the Wings are squandering.

WC Round two

STL/LAK
Phoenix/Nasvhille (Insert Detroit if they win)

Nashville has a free ride to the WCF.

WingedWheel1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 04:55 PM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
This is what the Wings are squandering.

WC Round two

STL/LAK
Phoenix/Nasvhille (Insert Detroit if they win)

Nashville has a free ride to the WCF.
I do not know, the Preds will struggle vs any of those teams.

Old
04-20-2012, 04:59 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Let's hope none of our boneheads make any stupid plays tonight. We should have a shot if they don't.

And, most importantly, LET'S GO !

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 05:00 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Confirmed by Ansar Khan.

Well, we all know that if it ain't broke, don't fix it... errrr..... something along those lines. We're only on the brink of elimination here, no need to do something as drastic as a lineup change or two.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Sameheda

Keeping the same lines is so, so... so stupid.

Sameheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 05:22 PM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
Well, we all know that if it ain't broke, don't fix it... errrr..... something along those lines. We're only on the brink of elimination here, no need to do something as drastic as a lineup change or two.
Nice way to put it.

I honestly wonder if there is a single poster on this board not calling for some lineup changes. Yet Babcock does not see it that way.

The reason Howard struggles now, is because he got injured and had not time to get into his groove. The reason he got injured is because Babcock overused him. So easy to see.

I hope the Wings players outsmart Babcock and win this game despite of his stupidity.

Old
04-20-2012, 05:22 PM
skinneh
#FireHolland

vCash: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sameheda View Post
Keeping the same lines is so, so... so stupid.
So true.. hopefully he changes them up right away if its not working instead of waiting until 5 minutes left in the 3rd...

skinneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 05:37 PM
14ari13

Quote:
''They've been there and done that, and they have the experience and veteran players who have seen those kinds of situations and been through them,'' Rinne said. ''We have to really be prepared for it and treat it as game number one or any other game. The team that wants is more is going to get it.''
Quote:
Coach Barry Trotz believes he hasn't seen Nashville play its best yet. He said Friday night will be the biggest game yet and hopes his Predators are ready.
I think we have seen the best of the Preds.

Old
04-20-2012, 05:39 PM
vladdy16

Howard, Filppula and White all owe an Osgood. If one of them can man up and elevate after their poor efforts so far we're in good shape.

I'm fine with the forward lineup staying the same. I think it's a slight miracle that we have four lines considering the Helm and Cleary injuries, and I thought Babcock actually did a good job mixing it up in game 4.

Filppula HAS to step up though, Zetterberg is firing on all cylinders, Hudler has been a growing threat, but Filppula is getting tossed around and making lazy mistakes, and more or less looks like he has a separated shoulder and a pulled groin. Filppula has been one of our most consistent playoff performers, I don't know if it's injury or the new position, but I hope he ppuls out of it.

Hopefully the first four games and the extended rest is enough to get Datsyuk back to 100%. It's been years since we've had D and Z both at 100%, that alone is enough to put a dent in NSH's series lead.

I say sell out in the first period, if it costs us and we get behind early, oh well, business as usual. But if we can get the early goal, plant the seed of doubt, get NSH out of their comfort zone, we might be on top the whole game.

This is a great opportunity. Wings win this one, I think they have the advantage in the series.

vladdy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 05:40 PM
Brick Top
eeeehhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
I think we have seen the best of the Preds.
Maybe... but some of their skill guys (esp Radulov) have been no-shows like some of our top guys, and I definitely expected them to be more physical with the Wings- I don't think they've been hitting as much as I've seen them do in the past. I think they could ramp it up in a few areas.

Brick Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 05:50 PM
wings95

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14ari13 View Post
Nice way to put it.

I honestly wonder if there is a single poster on this board not calling for some lineup changes. Yet Babcock does not see it that way.

The reason Howard struggles now, is because he got injured and had not time to get into his groove. The reason he got injured is because Babcock overused him. So easy to see.

I hope the Wings players outsmart Babcock and win this game despite of his stupidity.
To your coach trained eye?

wings95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 05:50 PM
14ari13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish View Post
Maybe... but some of their skill guys (esp Radulov) have been no-shows like some of our top guys, and I definitely expected them to be more physical with the Wings- I don't think they've been hitting as much as I've seen them do in the past. I think they could ramp it up in a few areas.
They are not hitting cause they try to keep intensity as low as possilbe, that's their gameplan. WE'll see what happens.