HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF Game 4 | 4/19/12 | 7pm EDT | Panthers VS Devils | TV: NHLNet, FSNF, TSN2, MSG+

Closed Thread

Old
04-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Adam Larsson

vCash: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Kind of contradiction if clarkson "won't back down from anybody" yet clarkson" isn't going to fight in a game already won"? It never makes sense to fight gudbranson we get it it's cool. Moreover this yr clarkson scored 30 goals, after averaging 12 over the last 4 years..time will tell if it's a fluke or he really is a 30 goal scorer.

Great even series expect nothing less than 7 games!
how is that a contradiction? it makes no sense to fight at that time. had it been the first period 0-0 clarkson would fight him everytime. if he fights him there then he's doing exactly what gudbranson wants. there is a time and a place for fights and fighting while winning in the dwindling minutes of a game is just retarded.

clarkson probably isnt a 30 goal guy year in a year out but i expect at least 20 from now on from him. that third goal he set up shows the guy has skills.

Old
04-20-2012, 11:54 AM
KWGoon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarktard23 View Post
how is that a contradiction? it makes no sense to fight at that time. had it been the first period 0-0 clarkson would fight him everytime. if he fights him there then he's doing exactly what gudbranson wants. there is a time and a place for fights and fighting while winning in the dwindling minutes of a game is just retarded.

clarkson probably isnt a 30 goal guy year in a year out but i expect at least 20 from now on from him. that third goal he set up shows the guy has skills.
Your perception of the mind game between Clarkson and Guds could not be more mistaken. You're completely, entirely, wholly wrong.

Clarkson is not fighting and is not doing his usual antics to other panthers players simply because Guds' presence is keeping him in check. I am sure he knows that if he tries to take out Weiss or Versteeg, Guds will try to end his playoffs right there.

Furthermore, Clarkson is only trying to goad Guds into losing his composer by running his mouth. Clarkson is losing that too. Fact is, Guds owns Clarkson, and the ***** knows it.

Old
04-20-2012, 11:59 AM
Adam Larsson

vCash: 892
Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGoon View Post
Your perception of the mind game between Clarkson and Guds could not be more mistaken. You're completely, entirely, wholly wrong.

Clarkson is not fighting and is not doing his usual antics to other panthers players simply because Guds' presence is keeping him in check. I am sure he knows that if he tries to take out Weiss or Versteeg, Guds will try to end his playoffs right there.

Furthermore, Clarkson is only trying to goad Guds into losing his composer by running his mouth. Clarkson is losing that too. Fact is, Guds owns Clarkson, and the ***** knows it.
Ok buddy. I get it, you guys like Gudbranson a lot. I like him too and would love to have him on the Devils. Honestly I think your putting way too much into the whole Clarkson/Gudbranson thing. Mind games? I dont see mind games, I just see two competitors playing phyisical hockey and it's not anymore complicated than that. Good luck the rest of the way guys. peace.

Last edited by Adam Larsson: 04-20-2012 at 12:05 PM.
Old
04-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Erick

Neither Gudbranson or Clarkson backed off; the refs got in the way and broke everything up at the end of the game.

Last edited by Panthers Rock: 04-20-2012 at 02:29 PM. Reason: qdp
Old
04-20-2012, 12:48 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarktard23 View Post
Ok buddy. I get it, you guys like Gudbranson a lot. I like him too and would love to have him on the Devils. Honestly I think your putting way too much into the whole Clarkson/Gudbranson thing. Mind games? I dont see mind games, I just see two competitors playing phyisical hockey and it's not anymore complicated than that. Good luck the rest of the way guys. peace.

agree with the bold.

Old
04-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Fred Murtz

Keaton Ellerby injury on check into boards

Old
04-20-2012, 01:43 PM
BenedictGomez
1995/2000/2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Neither Gudbranson or Clarkson backed off; the refs got in the way and broke everything up at the end of the game.
Yeah, I mean, for anyone watching the game, this should have been ridiculously obvious. At least in the NJ feed it clearly showed what you're describing.

Clarkson was even in the process of taking his gloves off. There was definitely going to be a fight had the refs not broke it up.

Old
04-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Another word of warning:

Flaming or baiting of any kind won't be tolerated.

Spamming the boards with things like yolo, lmao or something non-contributing won't be tolerated either.

Florida Panthers: 2014 NHL Entry Draft Lottery...Winners?
Old
04-20-2012, 02:57 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:

No one on the devs would have the guts or the stupidity to challenge Guds. To now I agree Guds owns clarkson. Should be interesting dynamics in the remaining 3 game series.

Old
04-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

I like Gudbranson a lot. He's young, tough, and can move the puck well.

With that said, Clarkson has fought guys stronger and more experienced than him (Simon, Gill, Alberts, McCarty, Souray, Stortini). He has no reason to fear Guds.

Old
04-20-2012, 03:17 PM
canucks22

Quote:
Thx!

How's our friend David doing in his first playoff games???
Meh, he's been so-so like a lot of Canucks so far. His offensive game hasn't been able to take off yet but he's been really physical for us. Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHFz2rV0gFU

BIG hit on Doughty!

Old
04-20-2012, 03:58 PM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Cat View Post
I like Gudbranson a lot. He's young, tough, and can move the puck well.

With that said, Clarkson has fought guys stronger and more experienced than him (Simon, Gill, Alberts, McCarty, Souray, Stortini). He has no reason to fear Guds.
+1, I would say Clarkson would gladly fight Gudbranson is he had to.

I might not seeing where some think Gudbranson is a great fighter?

Old
04-20-2012, 04:14 PM
KWGoon

Without Guds NJ would be taking a lot more liberties against our skill guys. I'm impressed not only with his poise but also general level of play. Not bad for a rookie.

Old
04-20-2012, 04:18 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Without Guds NJ would be taking a lot more liberties against our skill guys. I'm impressed not only with his poise but also general level of play. Not bad for a rookie.
He has been awesome. Truly the deterrent against clarkson and others who don't take advantage of our skill players as a result of Guds!!!

Old
04-20-2012, 04:20 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post

I might not seeing where some think Gudbranson is a great fighter?
You might not watching?

Old
04-20-2012, 04:53 PM
Laus723
Future Now

I don't think Guds own Clarkson at all, guys, Clarkson is a hell of a fighter. Tbh, and I have a massive mancrush on Gudbranson, but I think Clarkson would take him. Either way, it's obvious to me they respect each other's abilities. It's a fun in-game play to watch.

04-20-2012, 07:35 PM
ShootIt

Quote:
You might not watching?
When I mean great, I'm talking about fighters like Belak, Big Mac etc...

Gudbranson is a good fighter, but it's not like he is feared around the league or some ****.

Old
04-20-2012, 08:42 PM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherbot View Post
I'm bothered by our lack of physicality. I'd throw Barch in there just to have someone who isn't afraid to mix it up and give our guys more confidence to throw some hits around.

By the end of the second, the game was still tied but it looked like we weren't playing with energy. If we aren't scoring goals, we should at least be throwing bodies around to get involved with the game in some way. Almost felt like they just kind of slowly drained of enthusiasm as the game went on.

I'd also like to see way more guys going to the net. Brodeur played well enough yesterday but his rebound control was still iffy. Crash the net, throw him off his game. That's how we're going to win this series.
Agreed. Many more second chances are needed against him. And neutralize his puck playing, he was almost single handedly feeding forwards for goals. It has to stop.

Old
04-21-2012, 12:11 AM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever View Post
Agreed. Many more second chances are needed against him. And neutralize his puck playing, he was almost single handedly feeding forwards for goals. It has to stop.
Honestly, if we had any buddy who could finish the puck, we wouldn't even need second chances against Brodeur. He has a lot of holes. We just keep shooting it right at him. He did however look alot sharper in game 4.

Old
04-21-2012, 01:05 AM
Basement Cat
RIP Loko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I don't think Guds own Clarkson at all, guys, Clarkson is a hell of a fighter. Tbh, and I have a massive mancrush on Gudbranson, but I think Clarkson would take him. Either way, it's obvious to me they respect each other's abilities. It's a fun in-game play to watch.
I could easily see it being a draw with a slight edge to one guy or the other. Clarkson is not a big dude (at least in comparison to Guds) but for some reason, he seems to always hold his own in fights whether it's against heavyweights or guys his size.

Anyways, I doubt we'll be seeing these guys dropping the gloves.

Good luck guys. Can't wait for this one!

Old
04-21-2012, 02:16 AM
Haj

vCash: 50
Our goal should be to get one goaltender interference penalty every game.

If we don't get one, we aren't crashing the net.

We can't compete with any playoff team skill vs. skill, we have to be relentless and destroy the opposition's humanity. The New Jersey Devils are meaningless, just another obstacle in our way. Treat them with contempt and throw them aside.

Its not about us versus them. Its us versus us. If we play the way we know how the series is already over.

Go Panthers.

Closed Thread