HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

U-18 WJC Day 8

Closed Thread

Old
04-19-2012, 03:32 PM
Yakushev72

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule4eva3089 View Post
Even the earlier penalty the russian is scared and starts falling before the hit , what a wimp! Take it like a man sheesh Clean hit , watch most of the russian kids all with their head down going up the middle Dumba is going to rip apart some of these kids next year at the World Juniors can't wait hahaha
The Canadians haven't beaten the Russians in the WJC since 2009, and even then, a shootout on home ice. It will be interesting to see if Dumba can make a difference in helping Canada to get back on the winning track. Do you think Dumba will make the team for the WJC in Ufa this year?

Old
04-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Zine

Everybody knows 1994 is a bad generation. I don't know why more 1995s weren't taken.

-1995 Nichushkin has everything you'd want in a player.
-Slepyshev was good...expected more though.
-Zharkov has some real talent but just doesn't produce...frustrating player
-Yakimov is huge and is good around the net. His skating needs MAJOR work though.
-Osnovin plays a solid 2-way game....needs to get stronger.
-Barabanov and Filippov have nice skills, but nothing groundbreaking.
-Kamaev was a total diappointment.
-1995 D-man Zadorov has all the tools to be really great...he impressed.
-After his U-20 performance, Vasilevsky was underwhelming.

Last edited by Zine: 04-19-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old
04-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Yakushev72

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule4eva3089 View Post
What do you think about Nikita Zadorov? ... it's not often you see an underage on the backend being brought and the kid looked good. Especially with his size at 6'4 and skating, he was on for special teams play as well so it's not like they stuck him to the bench.
Zadorov was OK. The Russian team was big on defense and up front, but I thought they looked much slower than in past years. To be honest, they weren't as badly outplayed against Canada as they were against Germany and Sweden. This Russian team was going nowhere from the outset. Next year, it will likely be different, because the 95-born group has depth and quality, but this year's group was not far above relegation quality.

Old
04-19-2012, 03:58 PM
Fulcrum

Selectively, there is a lot of talent on the team. Nichushkin is too young to be ground breaking on his own. Yakimov and the rest, are decent prospects- but really NOTHING above and beyond special. Not typical 1st line Russians. The first line should've been Bucnevic Grigorenko and Nichushkin...

But the Team play was absolutely BLOODY terrible and appalling. I have never seen a RUSSIAN team play such a poor passing game. Everyone just standing and watching.. Isn't Parfenov a CSKA guy? What the hell happened, did he forget the ABC's of Russian hockey?! Pass and open up, pass and Move! I couldn't believe the garbage, I'm just pissed

Old
04-19-2012, 03:59 PM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
Everybody knows 1994 is a bad generation. I don't know why more 1995s weren't taken.

-1995 Nichushkin has everything you'd want in a player.
-Slepyshev was good...expected more though.
-Zharkov has some real talent but just doesn't produce...frustrating player
-Yakimov is huge and is good around the net. His skating needs MAJOR work though.
-Osnovin plays a solid 2-way game....needs to get stronger.
-Barabanov and Filippov have nice skills, but nothing groundbreaking.
-Kamaev was a total diappointment.
-1995 D-man Zadorov has all the tools to be really great...he impressed.
-After his U-20 performance, Vasilevsky was underwhelming.
Forming a concrete idea on a player from the WC-18 would seem somewhat rash, so inspite of a supposedly poor showing from Vasilevsky, he still remains a high end Goalie prospect. 4 or 5 games will have very little meaning in the context of his career, and he remains very promising.

I've heard about the supposedly excellent 95 generation. May you expand on their abilities please? Im aware of several, Nichuskin, Barbashev, Buchnevich, Tolchinsky and Zadarov (Is Nikolishin a 96?), but are there are any other names to watch out for and how do the names listed compare to recent Russian age groups? Are of the players listed closely matched talent wise to Kuznetsov, Tarasenko, Grigorenko or Yakupov?

Old
04-19-2012, 04:04 PM
Fulcrum

Am I correct that the next U18 Coach coming down the pipeline is Sayurkov. He's also nothing special from what I've seen.

I can't believe Belyaletdinov and the FHR don't put the hammer down on this U18 ********. How many more years of this?

Old
04-19-2012, 04:15 PM
habsrule4eva3089

Can't wait for the Ivan Hlinka in August. By the sounds of it every country is talking of their 95 age group. Now I know why people say the 2013 NHL draft could be one of the best ever. It's extremely loaded up front in all parts of the world. The World Juniors for 2013-2015 are going to be amazing lol.

Canada- Mackinnon, Reinhart, Lazar, Duclair, Drouin
Russia - Buchnevic, Tolchinsky, Nichushkin, Barbashev
Sweden- Burakovsky, Wallmark, De La Rose
Finland - Barkov, Lehkonen, Ikonen
USA - Erne, Cammarata, Compher

Last edited by habsrule4eva3089: 04-19-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Old
04-19-2012, 09:39 PM
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakushev72 View Post
The Canadians haven't beaten the Russians in the WJC since 2009, and even then, a shootout on home ice.
Huh? In Buffalo, in 2011, Canada beat Russia in the Round Robin 6 - 3 (if I recall).

Old
04-20-2012, 05:36 PM
Yakushev72

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevyD View Post
Huh? In Buffalo, in 2011, Canada beat Russia in the Round Robin 6 - 3 (if I recall).
I stand corrected! I forgot about that one. My bad!

Closed Thread