HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

UFAs / Roster Changes / Trades / Qualifying Offers 2012? [VI]

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-20-2012, 06:23 PM
  #101
Paul4587
Registered User
 
Paul4587's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 13,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
If we get rid of Lydman, I wouldn't be against trying to acquiring Carle.
I wouldn't want to replace Lydman with a guy like Carle. We don't need a soft PMD who has a terrible shot from the point. Carle is a #4 dman who is going to be paid like a #2 this summer.

Paul4587 is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 06:40 PM
  #102
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
Parros is a better all around player but Mcgrattan is the better fighter FYI

LOL at Beleskey and Brookbank being enough are you watching the same team i am? The team is lifeless half the time more so since BB took over with his boring style. One thing i can pretty much guarantee is that the Ducks had a better record with Parros in the lineup than without
George Parros and his staged fights are far from what this team needs. If he can't score or play shut down defense he needs to be grittier than he is. Say what you will about Belesky (I don't really care for him) or Brookbank, but when stuff happens on the ice during their watch, there is swift retribution. They immediately jump in somebody's face. That's exactly what this team needs and what Parros never does. Staged fights between enforcers well after the fact is pure BS and accomplish next to nothing.

I'm all for fights, but they need to happen spontaneously when the on ice action calls for it. Not well after the fact.

Eddie Shack is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 06:42 PM
  #103
snarktacular
Moderator
Ducks tank is on!
 
snarktacular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 16,173
vCash: 500
Yeah that doesn't make much sense to me. If you want to move an old guy for a younger guy like Carle, you would move Lubo for Carle. You would move Lydman for a more solid type guy.

snarktacular is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 06:49 PM
  #104
Dirk316
Registered User
 
Dirk316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 5,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
George Parros and his staged fights are far from what this team needs. If he can't score or play shut down defense he needs to be grittier than he is. Say what you will about Belesky (I don't really care for him) or Brookbank, but when stuff happens on the ice during their watch, there is swift retribution. They immediately jump in somebody's face. That's exactly what this team needs and what Parros never does. Staged fights between enforcers well after the fact is pure BS and accomplish next to nothing.

I'm all for fights, but they need to happen spontaneously when the on ice action calls for it. Not well after the fact.
Tell that to the players where Parros is one of the most popular figures on the team/locker room. Or as listed above the Ducks player better when he is in the lineup. A "staged" fight as you call it can motivate the team when they are down. Up until this year Parros was beloved by most everyone on this board and he was around during the Stanley Cup and other successful teams. HE WAS INJURED most of the season and should get a pass.

Dirk316 is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 06:50 PM
  #105
Dirk316
Registered User
 
Dirk316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 5,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doothpick View Post
I'm not going to take part in this argument, but I just wanted to confirm this.

23 - 16 - 7 (.576P%) with Parros
11 - 20 - 5 (.375P%) without Parros
didnt have time to look into it, thanks for this

Dirk316 is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 08:50 PM
  #106
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk316 View Post
Tell that to the players where Parros is one of the most popular figures on the team/locker room. Or as listed above the Ducks player better when he is in the lineup. A "staged" fight as you call it can motivate the team when they are down. Up until this year Parros was beloved by most everyone on this board and he was around during the Stanley Cup and other successful teams. HE WAS INJURED most of the season and should get a pass.
Uh, this is hockey, not a popularity contest. So George is everybody's BFF? Meh. Yes, a staged fight can motivate a team. That's not enough by itself to earn a roster spot.

Sorry but the team's record with and without George is just coincidence. What does he play, four minutes a game? And please don't tell me the rest of the team is so inspired watching their BFF sit on the bench for 56 minutes a game.

For a guy who whines as much as you do about the team being soft how is it you give George a pass for not immediately retaliating like Brookbank and Belesky do? It isn't just this year and his injuries. He just doesn't play that way.

BTW, George did not play enough games to actually earn his name on the Cup. It was added per a request by the Ducks. Many teams do this and the league usually approves.


Last edited by Eddie Shack: 04-20-2012 at 09:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Eddie Shack is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 09:02 PM
  #107
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 24,279
vCash: 50
That's like the joke that Blake was the difference between a winning record and a losing record, only Blake plays more.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 09:23 PM
  #108
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!
 
mightyquack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Perth, WA
Country: Germany
Posts: 17,323
vCash: 500
Parros played what, 3 playoff games? Clearly he was the key to winning in 07

mightyquack is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 09:26 PM
  #109
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,207
vCash: 500
Statistics are skewed. Parros missed a lot of time in the middle of the fall swoon with his retinal tear. Unless your hypothesis is that the entire swoon was due to no Parros (which is ludicrous).

Ducks DVM is offline  
Old
04-20-2012, 11:55 PM
  #110
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,946
vCash: 500
PS Syracuse Crunch ‏ @PSCrunchHockey

Talked with Ducks prospect Rakell. His season in Plymouth is over, but said Ducks haven't told him yet whether he's joining Crunch

Exit Dose is offline  
Old
04-21-2012, 09:35 AM
  #111
Chistov23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Memorial Cup 2005
Posts: 1,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Shack View Post
For a guy who whines as much as you do about the team being soft how is it you give George a pass for not immediately retaliating like Brookbank and Belesky do? It isn't just this year and his injuries. He just doesn't play that way.
EXACTLY. This is my problem with Parros. Thing is, everyone here likes Parros. He's a good guy. You want him to succeed. The problem is, he is WAY to nice for his position. I don't want a gentlemen as our tough guy. I want someone who hits first and asks questions later. Not someone who politely asks the other teams tough guy to a staged fight. Parros is just to NICE for his position. I would be shocked if there was a single player in the NHL nervous about lining up beside him.

Off the top of my head with a few of our past tough guys.

Fedoruk on Nedved - retaliation for headshots on lupul
May on Johnnsson - line brawl in playoffs
Sawyer on Vernon - retaliation for hit on Giguere

Parros on ?????? Been here for over 4 years and has never made a team pay for anything.

Chistov23 is offline  
Old
04-21-2012, 10:14 AM
  #112
master4071
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 253
vCash: 500
I would like to refresh our defence...

- Carle for Lubo

- Brad Stuart for Lydman

- Real chance for Sami and hopefully Schultz

- Re-sign Brookbank, but no for more than 1 mln per year or find another soild 6th/7th d-man

and should be ok...

Cam - Beauch
Carle - Sbisa
Stuart - Schultz/Sami
Brookbank

master4071 is offline  
Old
04-21-2012, 11:11 AM
  #113
JabbaJabba
Registered User
 
JabbaJabba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,921
vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by master4071 View Post
I would like to refresh our defence...

- Carle for Lubo

- Brad Stuart for Lydman

- Real chance for Sami and hopefully Schultz

- Re-sign Brookbank, but no for more than 1 mln per year or find another soild 6th/7th d-man

and should be ok...

Cam - Beauch
Carle - Sbisa
Stuart - Schultz/Sami
Brookbank
Hmmm what?

JabbaJabba is online now  
Old
04-21-2012, 12:43 PM
  #114
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus
 
Sean Garrity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Nut
Country: United States
Posts: 9,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by master4071 View Post
I would like to refresh our defence...

- Carle for Lubo

- Brad Stuart for Lydman

- Real chance for Sami and hopefully Schultz

- Re-sign Brookbank, but no for more than 1 mln per year or find another soild 6th/7th d-man

and should be ok...

Cam - Beauch
Carle - Sbisa
Stuart - Schultz/Sami
Brookbank
Brookbank wont take a 1 year deal. Some NHL team will offer him a multi year deal so why would he take one year to play here?

Sean Garrity is offline  
Old
04-21-2012, 01:45 PM
  #115
Doothpick
RIP Ruslan Salei
 
Doothpick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGallINYAface View Post
Brookbank wont take a 1 year deal. Some NHL team will offer him a multi year deal so why would he take one year to play here?
This is what worries me about re-signing Brookbank. I like him, and I think he played really well this season considering his role and everything. However, you never really want to see guys like Sheldon get "too comfortable" as in the more secure his job is, the more his play may falter. This IMO was evidenced after signing his two-year deal here, last year he was crap and this season he was good again.

I wouldn't mind if Murray got him to re-sign here again on a two-year deal, but anything more and I'd let him find a new team. Thing is, though, Ducks need more guys like Brookbank so we'll see what happens.

Doothpick is offline  
Old
04-21-2012, 02:04 PM
  #116
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doothpick View Post
This is what worries me about re-signing Brookbank. I like him, and I think he played really well this season considering his role and everything. However, you never really want to see guys like Sheldon get "too comfortable" as in the more secure his job is, the more his play may falter. This IMO was evidenced after signing his two-year deal here, last year he was crap and this season he was good again.

I wouldn't mind if Murray got him to re-sign here again on a two-year deal, but anything more and I'd let him find a new team. Thing is, though, Ducks need more guys like Brookbank so we'll see what happens.
Very well said.

Eddie Shack is offline  
Old
04-21-2012, 04:12 PM
  #117
Gliff
Nick Bonino
 
Gliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by master4071 View Post
I would like to refresh our defence...

- Carle for Lubo

- Brad Stuart for Lydman

- Real chance for Sami and hopefully Schultz

- Re-sign Brookbank, but no for more than 1 mln per year or find another soild 6th/7th d-man

and should be ok...

Cam - Beauch
Carle - Sbisa
Stuart - Schultz/Sami
Brookbank
So instead of our defense costing around 14-15 mil (assuming Lydman stays), you want to sign 2 UFAs who we will have to overpay to get and have our defense cost probably 18-19 mill while not being a major upgrade.

Sweet.


Last edited by Gliff: 04-21-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Gliff is offline  
Old
04-21-2012, 05:01 PM
  #118
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
So instead of our defense costing around 14-15 mil (assuming Lydman stays), you want to sign 2 UFAs who we will have to overpay to get and have our defense cost probably 18-19 mill while not being a major upgrade.

Sweet.
Umm why am included on this reply?

Ducksgo* is offline  
Old
04-21-2012, 05:15 PM
  #119
Gliff
Nick Bonino
 
Gliff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 8,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Umm why am included on this reply?
Because I had clicked "multi" to comment on that earlier. I didnt bother because I am beginning to think you dont watch hockey.

Gliff is offline  
Old
04-21-2012, 05:19 PM
  #120
Fallenity
Registered User
 
Fallenity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,200
vCash: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Because I had clicked "multi" to comment on that earlier. I didnt bother because I am beginning to think you dont watch hockey.
So much hate in these boards!

Fallenity is offline  
Old
04-21-2012, 05:42 PM
  #121
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,898
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Because I had clicked "multi" to comment on that earlier. I didnt bother because I am beginning to think you dont watch hockey.
Because every post you make has some negative feedback to a statement or a negative opinion to another board member.... it's alright I'll finish your statement for you....

Just don't quote me in something I have nothing involved in regarding a topic.... It's all I ask.

Ducksgo* is offline  
Old
04-21-2012, 06:29 PM
  #122
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallenity View Post
So much hate in these boards!
You are correct, but saying it with that avatar made me giggle.

Not criticizing you, just actually found it amusing.

Ducks DVM is offline  
Old
04-21-2012, 09:03 PM
  #123
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick
 
KEEROLE Vatanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 16,488
vCash: 500
i have not been a parros fan for a few years. im surprised dirk defends him because parros literally does not enforce at all. we need an enforcer this blarg that beleskey and brookbank is enough is hogwash.

we need to sign mcgratton, and we need a fourth line center thats big and scrappy and we need to get a big physical defensemen. Beauch and Sbisa are both tough but not really big

Stuart would be a great addition but ducks ownership isnt interested in building a good team

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline  
Old
04-21-2012, 09:19 PM
  #124
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim
 
ShadowDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,851
vCash: 150
Wouldn't be surprised if BM had Ryan O'Marra pegged in as the 4th center, he's 6'2 and plays a gritty game. He's played real good at Syracuse the past few weeks.

ShadowDuck is offline  
Old
04-21-2012, 09:39 PM
  #125
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist
 
Eddie Shack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Anaheim, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
i have not been a parros fan for a few years. im surprised dirk defends him because parros literally does not enforce at all. we need an enforcer this blarg that beleskey and brookbank is enough is hogwash.

we need to sign mcgratton, and we need a fourth line center thats big and scrappy and we need to get a big physical defensemen. Beauch and Sbisa are both tough but not really big

Stuart would be a great addition but ducks ownership isnt interested in building a good team
I don't think anybody said Brookbank and Belesky are enough. Only that they show more grit than Parros. And Brookbank isn't even a given for next year. So for sure they need to do something to upgrade the toughness.

Short of finding a stud D man (who don't grow on trees) the Ducks could do worse than have a healthy Lydman and a healthy Vis next year along with an improving Fowler and an improving Sbisa. I don't see where signing Stuart is the answer to anything.

Eddie Shack is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.