HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

My top 18 for the 2012 QMJHL draft (November)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-20-2012, 07:52 PM
  #51
Truescouting
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Scoutman do you ever heard about Christofer Langlais ? I seen him playing this year and it's an amazing goalie with a great potential I think. He playing for ulysse prep school like raphael maheux.

Truescouting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 09:17 PM
  #52
scoutman1
Twitter - scoutman33
 
scoutman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truescouting View Post
Scoutman do you ever heard about Christofer Langlais ? I seen him playing this year and it's an amazing goalie with a great potential I think. He playing for ulysse prep school like raphael maheux.
when I saw Ulysse play im pretty sure he was not in nets...so no im sorry, did not see him....im not sure what my other scouts think of him though.

scoutman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:53 PM
  #53
Truescouting
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
when I saw Ulysse play im pretty sure he was not in nets...so no im sorry, did not see him....im not sure what my other scouts think of him though.
He's playing for U17 not for U19 like maheux. Sorry my bad.

Truescouting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-12-2012, 10:12 PM
  #54
PEIslander79
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Prince Edward Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
myself and this is personal opinion but I like Kielly a lot more than Gallant...Gallant is the one a fan will notice first because of his show time puck handling and great speed making end to end rushes....he is very inconsistant I find though, when he gets hit and the other team starts taking his rush away he disapears from the game...Kielly on the other hand, not as flashy, makes smart plays, moves well without the puck, excellent puck handling ability, rather use his teammates than make the rush himself and force a play...he has a quick release and good in tight areas, excellent vision and passing, controls the play rather than force, good in all areas of the ice, leadership qualities.
Don't get me wrong both of these guys are great players. Kielly has a ton of skill as does Gallant. Truth be told, I think Gallant does not have the right mind-set and could be more of a cancer to a team. When a teammate makes a mistake on the ice, Gallant shows his frustration and I also find him to be somewhat of a puck-hog and tries to do too much on his own to put on a show. He most definitely does not like the rougher side of the game and frustrates easily when teams key-in on him. If someone can get his head on straight he'll be a great player but we all know it all starts with a good head so he's a work in progress and needs to be more of a team player. That being said these are young kids and I'm sure they will all mature, but Gallant has a lot of maturing to do. Kielly has so much talent and he seems to have his head on straight too. Of the two, Kielly would be my target as he is a much more team player and seems to make his teammates better when he's on the ice too, something Gallant lacks. Anyways, that's just my two cents, enjoy!

PEIslander79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 08:45 AM
  #55
welcometothebigshow2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslander79 View Post
Don't get me wrong both of these guys are great players. Kielly has a ton of skill as does Gallant. Truth be told, I think Gallant does not have the right mind-set and could be more of a cancer to a team. When a teammate makes a mistake on the ice, Gallant shows his frustration and I also find him to be somewhat of a puck-hog and tries to do too much on his own to put on a show. He most definitely does not like the rougher side of the game and frustrates easily when teams key-in on him. If someone can get his head on straight he'll be a great player but we all know it all starts with a good head so he's a work in progress and needs to be more of a team player. That being said these are young kids and I'm sure they will all mature, but Gallant has a lot of maturing to do. Kielly has so much talent and he seems to have his head on straight too. Of the two, Kielly would be my target as he is a much more team player and seems to make his teammates better when he's on the ice too, something Gallant lacks. Anyways, that's just my two cents, enjoy!
I honestly agree with most of this assessment.... Except i dont think either player makes, or will make players around them better.. Kielly does a lot of floating when the other team doesnt have the puck and he seems to be a bit of a "softy"... As for Gallant.. He has the potential to be the best player to come out of this draft. He has a great mix of offensive talents and like you said if he improves his attitude he will be a much better player. I think that he will go first round because of the possibility of him being the best(out of this draft.... But people saying Gallant and Kielly are going top 10 should get their heads screwed on a different way. I see Gallant being a late first and Kielly being a early-mid second rounder.

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.