HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Knicks vs Pacers Game 6 1994 Conference Finals

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2006, 12:18 PM
Nemchinov13

vCash: 500
OT: Knicks vs Pacers Game 6 1994 Conference Finals

I know that this major OT, but I was browsing channels and uncovered Game 6 of 1994 Conference Finals. I must say, I miss those nasty, difficult-to-play against Knicks. This is what I call defense. Every shot is contended, every loose ball is fought for, there is a battle for every rebound. I miss Ewing and his sweet mid-range jumper, his defense, his post up game. I miss Oakley and his tenacity, his flights through the air for the loose balls, his sweet long range jumper. I miss Starks and his unyilding spirit of a warrior, his tenacity on defense... Also, Anthony Mason looks so queer when he's bringing the ball up the court.

Series against Indiana have always been the toughest and most hair-raising experiences. Those were the days.

Old
03-11-2006, 12:21 PM
Fletch

Was watching the same...

basketball wasn't such a bad sport 10 years ago.

Old
03-11-2006, 12:24 PM
The Dawg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch

u had MJ, the knicks were good, great rivalries. they shud have never taken the nba off nbc with costos. that was the greatest them music btw. now you have *******s like iverson and lebron and greedy ********. worst sport of the major four....

Old
03-11-2006, 12:26 PM
The Dawg*

cant ait for knicks and bobcats tonight. knicks are gonna make a playoff run. why else would they spend money on guys like francis and rose if they think they have a chance.

Old
03-11-2006, 12:28 PM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
No it wasn't. That year both MSG teams went into the Finals. Some basketball fans may contend that basketball is about finesse and skill, but I LOVED Riley-Van Gundy brand of basketball. Tough as nails defense, intellegent half court game... I loved those Knicks. They were short on talent but long on heart and determination. I'd take that any day of the week.

Old
03-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawg
cant ait for knicks and bobcats tonight. knicks are gonna make a playoff run. why else would they spend money on guys like francis and rose if they think they have a chance.
I can't stand today's Knicks. So many primma donna *****es. Francis, my classmate Marbury whom we all adored in high school (we went to Lincoln together. Used to be in the arts class), Rose... ugh. Such a shame. Francis and Marbury may be talented, but if they're not going to give an effort, I'd rather have John Starks on my team who is going to sacrifice his body and health for the win

Old
03-11-2006, 12:35 PM
The Dawg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemchinov13
I can't stand today's Knicks. So many primma donna *****es. Francis, my classmate Marbury whom we all adored in high school (we went to Lincoln together. Used to be in the arts class), Rose... ugh. Such a shame. Francis and Marbury may be talented, but if they're not going to give an effort, I'd rather have John Starks on my team who is going to sacrifice his body and health for the win
they're individuals not a team

Old
03-11-2006, 01:20 PM
Phil333

Agreed about the NBA. 10 years ago I really liked the Knicks and followed the NBA pretty closely. Now I don't care. There are some great talents like LeBron and KG, but they are masked by the overall crapiness of the game.

Old
03-11-2006, 01:33 PM
Fire Sather
4 MORE YEARS!

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dawg
u had MJ, the knicks were good, great rivalries. they shud have never taken the nba off nbc with costos. that was the greatest them music btw. now you have *******s like iverson and lebron and greedy ********. worst sport of the major four....
Yep. That music ruled.

Old
03-11-2006, 02:25 PM
polako

hopefully, the success of the phoenix suns will lead to more teams emulating the open, ball moving, fast paced basketball that I loved to watch in the early 90s

Closed Thread