HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Dont wanna beat a dead horse...(Dubinksy)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-20-2012, 09:44 PM
  #76
Dorado*
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Brooklyn ,USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,819
vCash: 500
Torts is back to clown mode . No plan other than play 6 goalie defense .

I honestly think of they were allowed to play a little looser and take some chances they be better off at this point . Too much riding on these one goal games .

OTT has taken away the boards and is leaving a D man back and going the other way quick against us .... The same way PITT and NJ play us all the time .
dumping it in and having Karlsson skAte right past everyone all game every game is not winning this series .
I know we have not trailed yet in a game yet and it's 2-2 but OTT has all tue momentum has carried the play , puck possession and zone time the last 3 games .

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 09:52 PM
  #77
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorado View Post
Torts is back to clown mode . No plan other than play 6 goalie defense .

I honestly think of they were allowed to play a little looser and take some chances they be better off at this point . Too much riding on these one goal games .

OTT has taken away the boards and is leaving a D man back and going the other way quick against us .... The same way PITT and NJ play us all the time .
dumping it in and having Karlsson skAte right past everyone all game every game is not winning this series .
I know we have not trailed yet in a game yet and it's 2-2 but OTT has all tue momentum has carried the play , puck possession and zone time the last 3 games .
Too late in the season to make those kinda of adjustments.

We needed to start developing a puck possession game earlier in the season. Too many bad habits have been allowed to fester.

Its going to be prevent defense gentlemen.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:00 PM
  #78
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 11,155
vCash: 500
Forget about wholesale changes. Just stop letting the Senators roam freely with the puck at the blueline. They probably have to pinch themselves to realize it is not a dream.
A blind man could see that that has to change.

Since it's a thread about Dubinsky, I will put in my obligatory comment to make it all kosher.

Go Dubinsky! Go commanche!

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:03 PM
  #79
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Forget about wholesale changes. Just stop letting the Senators roam freely with the puck at the blueline. They probably have to pinch themselves to realize it is not a dream.
A blind man could see that that has to change.

Since it's a thread about Dubinsky, I will put in my obligatory comment to make it all kosher.

Go Dubinsky! Go commanche!
I think they need to go with an aggressive two man forecheck and keep the puck deep in the sens zone.

Course they are going to have to win the majority of the board battles.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:14 PM
  #80
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 11,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I think they need to go with an aggressive two man forecheck and keep the puck deep in the sens zone.

Course they are going to have to win the majority of the board battles.
Sure, I love the forecheck.

The collapsing in the slot and giving the Ottawa Dmen free reign at the blueline is garbage. You will not see another team with such a stubborn, asinine strategy. This is not knee-jerk knocking of Torts, it is knocking him because it is dumb. They run around like weenies getting tired out. Challenge them. Are they afraid of doing that?
Sickening to watch.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:21 PM
  #81
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Sure, I love the forecheck.

The collapsing in the slot and giving the Ottawa Dmen free reign at the blueline is garbage. You will not see another team with such a stubborn, asinine strategy. This is not knee-jerk knocking of Torts, it is knocking him because it is dumb. They run around like weenies getting tired out. Challenge them. Are they afraid of doing that?
Sickening to watch.
Yeah thats Mike Sullivan's defensive scheme.

Remember all those games we dropped to Montreal last year? Well it was pretty much because we kept on giving up the high slot. Our wings don't support along the half wall enough or challenge the Dmen in the defensive zone.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:31 PM
  #82
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 11,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Yeah thats Mike Sullivan's defensive scheme.

Remember all those games we dropped to Montreal last year? Well it was pretty much because we kept on giving up the high slot. Our wings don't support along the half wall enough or challenge the Dmen in the defensive zone.
I hope that this failing will be addressed.
It would be very cool if all of a sudden Karlsson, Gonchar, Phillips and company had to rush their pass, or rush their shot. Those defenceman are awfully good at the point, why on earth would a team want to make it easier for them.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:35 PM
  #83
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,110
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
I hope that this failing will be addressed.
It would be very cool if all of a sudden Karlsson, Gonchar, Phillips and company had to rush their pass, or rush their shot. Those defenceman are awfully good at the point, why on earth would a team want to make it easier for them.
I got a question: Would you rather have a motivator like Torts coaching the team or a tactician like Babcock?

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 10:51 PM
  #84
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 11,155
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
I got a question: Would you rather have a motivator like Torts coaching the team or a tactician like Babcock?
I really do like Tortorella. Seems weird to me thinking about any coach behind the bench other than Torts. I buy into what he has done, and I stand by him, except for this.
Torts is a tactician too. I just don't agree with what appears to be his tactics in the defensive zone. I can only guess that it is the plan laid out by the coaches, and not a failing by the players, because the overall effort by the team is defintely there.

I don't think motivation and tactics are exclusive. To me, it is simple. Just quit letting Karlsson and the guys dictate things up on the point, don't let them have all those precious seconds to get settled and think about things. Try to **** them up more.


Last edited by trilobyte: 04-20-2012 at 11:46 PM.
trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.