HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent)

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2012, 11:24 AM
tserberis*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
It should also be mentioned that Radulov has created at least 3 point-blank chances for himself in this series. They were likely all chances that would not have happened with any of other forwards who lack the skill to puck handle their way to the net. Unfortunately, Howard has made amazing saves on all three.
He also had four even more glorious chances created for him that he couldnt hit the net or the puck....

Old
04-18-2012, 12:23 PM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
He also had four even more glorious chances created for him that he couldnt hit the net or the puck....
If we're looking to compare glorious chances with the net missed, not being able to handle the puck or outright whiffing, Radulov has a LOT of catching up to do. That's been our forwards' forte for years.

I'm not saying I'm thrilled with his playoff output so far. I thought he'd put some in by now. But he's certainly no worse than most of our forwards, and I think a couple of Borque's goals have come because they've ignored Borque to focus on Radulov with the puck.

Old
04-18-2012, 12:41 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadesworld View Post
If we're looking to compare glorious chances with the net missed, not being able to handle the puck or outright whiffing, Radulov has a LOT of catching up to do. That's been our forwards' forte for years.

I'm not saying I'm thrilled with his playoff output so far. I thought he'd put some in by now. But he's certainly no worse than most of our forwards, and I think a couple of Borque's goals have come because they've ignored Borque to focus on Radulov with the puck.
This is the sort of impact that cannot be ignored. Having Radulov creates another problem for the defense of the opponent. Now they have to worry about Radulov AND Erat AND the Kostitsyn brothers along with our depth. It stretches defenses thing, and creates opportunities that may not exist otherwise.

I'd like to see Radulov start pouring it, but until he stops trying I'm ok with the results we are seeing.

Old
04-20-2012, 11:16 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Just prepare to go jersey shopping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Oh I am but are you?
so what was the bet here??

and, can we at least temporarily close this thread??

Old
04-20-2012, 11:18 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Gloat time. We're one and done ... the team regressed ... the Wings are so much better than us, we can't beat them ... expecting to lose.

I'm willing to bet everyone who posted those types of things repeatedly are celebrating the series win tonight. Enjoy.

Old
04-20-2012, 11:22 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
so what was the bet here??

and, can we at least temporarily close this thread??
The bet was a Gold or White Premiere jersey dependent on the Preds making it at least six games. I won the bet once we won our second game ... when we were up two games to one and she still claimed an expectation that the team would lose the series.

Leggy with two goals. Radulov with a point per game. We dominated at even strength. They held our PP in check.

Old
04-20-2012, 11:42 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
The bet was a Gold or White Premiere jersey dependent on the Preds making it at least six games. I won the bet once we won our second game ... when we were up two games to one and she still claimed an expectation that the team would lose the series.

Leggy with two goals. Radulov with a point per game. We dominated at even strength. They held our PP in check.

Most of their goals came on PP, so would be nice to get Gill back.

Old
04-20-2012, 11:44 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Most of their goals came on PP, so would be nice to get Gill back.
Four of nine came on the PP ... one 4 on 4 ... four ES.

Old
04-21-2012, 12:04 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

where's the one and done guy now?

Old
04-21-2012, 12:08 AM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
serve me a big plate of Crow and I'll eat every bite with a huge smile on my face. Did not see this coming I though Detroit would dominate us there and was jumping like a wild man tonight. /thread closed

Old
04-21-2012, 12:21 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

sometimes crow taste great right?

Old
04-21-2012, 12:40 AM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

Can't be negative tonight. Best game we've played of the series. Complete game.

Barry Melrose looks like he wants to cry.

Old
04-21-2012, 12:56 AM
hockey diva

I'll take my crow medium well with a side of garlic potatoes and some humble pie for dessert.

I am estatic that we beat the wings. And let's just say I am a doubting diva. Prove it to me and I will believe, lol.

101st, I will swing by sports seasons and get your jersey this weekend. Well played sir.

Old
04-22-2012, 10:20 PM
Reviled
Partisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I was out of town and missed my first preds playoffs game in...ever.

However, thanks for calling me out *pish* in a gossamer attempt to bolster your delusion of superior fandom. Gloating is ineffective, however, as I'm quite happy to have been incorrect as we're moving to the second round; and well before our yet-to-be-determined peers. Nice to be remembered, I had forgotten you. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
serve me a big plate of Crow and I'll eat every bite with a huge smile on my face. Did not see this coming I though Detroit would dominate us there and was jumping like a wild man tonight. /thread closed
Skootch over and pass the salt!

Old
04-22-2012, 10:33 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
I'll take my crow medium well with a side of garlic potatoes and some humble pie for dessert.

I am estatic that we beat the wings. And let's just say I am a doubting diva. Prove it to me and I will believe, lol.

101st, I will swing by sports seasons and get your jersey this weekend. Well played sir.
The team played well, I just went with the percentages based on how the two teams played the last month or so.

Old
04-22-2012, 10:38 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

We have a Positives thread on the NYR board and when I saw this for some reason I lol'd

Old
04-23-2012, 12:36 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:

Why don't you start joining us in some of the other threads? There's more to this board than just negativity ya know.

Old
04-27-2012, 11:32 PM
hockey diva

I see a couple of negatives already. Absolutely getting owned in the faceoff dot. Give it to Shea and get out of the way should not be our only PP strategy. SK is proving to be weak and useless again. Legwand still can"t pass his way out of a paper bag. Must elevate the puck!

Old
04-28-2012, 12:44 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
I see a couple of negatives already. Absolutely getting owned in the faceoff dot. Give it to Shea and get out of the way should not be our only PP strategy. SK is proving to be weak and useless again. Legwand still can"t pass his way out of a paper bag. Must elevate the puck!
The faceoffs sucked tonight ... aside from Goose. The PP was hit or miss ... the a couple looked good but didn't convert, a couple we were completely unable to establish a presence. Still 20% conversion tonight. SK held at least three pucks in at the point on the PP ... but that gets overlooked.

Radulov not getting the puck to the net. He needs to realize this isn't the KHL and the talent he's facing is a lot better. Legwand and Fisher sucked at the dot. Rinne off his game for most of the night. Bad first 30-45 mins ... good play for the third and OT.

Smith is a beast in net. Ask Chicago. To beat him we need to screen him, have players in front of the net to collect rebounds, then quickly put those back on net elevated ... and that's not a guaranteed formula for success.

Funny how many of our fans saw them as an easy target and thought sweep or five. This is another dogfight.

Old
04-28-2012, 12:59 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Rinne sucked tonight. Trade him!!!

Old
04-28-2012, 01:28 AM
Neal Before Zod

Faceoffs lost us this game, IMO. It's no surprise that when we got a little better at them towards the end of the game, our play improved remarkably.

Rinne wasn't superhuman, but I can't be too negative because I thought he played well against most of the shots he faced. If anything, he needed to be more aggressive on Boedker's shot...but that was an all around ****up by the team. Neither him nor Klein looked like they knew what they wanted to do. Klein played the pass---passively...and let Boedker get way too close. Rinne looked more or less like a statue.

Faceoffs have to get better. Fisher was bad...Legwand was abysmal (which is surprising, since he was good last series). Trotz can't let that go much longer. I think he needs to put Gaustad in on almost every defensive faceoff.

57-11-47 was fast and controlled the puck rather well...but Radulov needs to work on shooting a little more. Or someone has to get IN FRONT of the net when Rads takes it behind the net. It's not going to be easy to score on Smith if you can't at least create some havoc...

...which leads me to 46-13-27. I don't think this line gelled well, but none of the players really had a bad game. In fact, Hornqvist had a great game. Other players need to follow his lead on what he was doing in front of the net. It was obviously effective (Fisher, I'm looking at you. One-timers just aren't working out for you in the playoffs so far).

All in all, I can't be overly negative (except that we lost). Some adjustments were made. Some still need to be made. We looked rusty for the first bit of the game, and it showed, and it cost us. Klein and Josi were not at top form, and they need to be. Everybody needs to be. Hopefully this loss will knock us down from the high of beating the Dead Things. I do not want to go down 2-0 to these guys. Too much pressure.

Old
04-28-2012, 09:12 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BourqueBourqueBork View Post
Faceoffs lost us this game, IMO. It's no surprise that when we got a little better at them towards the end of the game, our play improved remarkably.

Rinne wasn't superhuman, but I can't be too negative because I thought he played well against most of the shots he faced. If anything, he needed to be more aggressive on Boedker's shot...but that was an all around ****up by the team. Neither him nor Klein looked like they knew what they wanted to do. Klein played the pass---passively...and let Boedker get way too close. Rinne looked more or less like a statue.

Faceoffs have to get better. Fisher was bad...Legwand was abysmal (which is surprising, since he was good last series). Trotz can't let that go much longer. I think he needs to put Gaustad in on almost every defensive faceoff.

57-11-47 was fast and controlled the puck rather well...but Radulov needs to work on shooting a little more. Or someone has to get IN FRONT of the net when Rads takes it behind the net. It's not going to be easy to score on Smith if you can't at least create some havoc...

...which leads me to 46-13-27. I don't think this line gelled well, but none of the players really had a bad game. In fact, Hornqvist had a great game. Other players need to follow his lead on what he was doing in front of the net. It was obviously effective (Fisher, I'm looking at you. One-timers just aren't working out for you in the playoffs so far).

All in all, I can't be overly negative (except that we lost). Some adjustments were made. Some still need to be made. We looked rusty for the first bit of the game, and it showed, and it cost us. Klein and Josi were not at top form, and they need to be. Everybody needs to be. Hopefully this loss will knock us down from the high of beating the Dead Things. I do not want to go down 2-0 to these guys. Too much pressure.
Klein made a mistake early in the game which cost us a goal on the powerplay but he played the two on one the way you are supposed to. I am not sure were people get you are supposed to play the guy with the puck or the one without the puck. Its basic hockey you shade towards the middle and your responsibility is to take the cross pass away in which Klein did. It is the goalie job to stop the shot from the guy who is coming in with the puck. The mistake was AK who instead of playing proper D made a poor decision and then fell down leaving Klein out to dry.

Peka has to stop a short side goal from the side and the goal on the faceoff in overtime. Weber should have played the body instead of the puck and we all saw the poor faceoff performances.

The goal off of Josi is a perfect example of why you do not flop on the ice like a fish like people love to do on hockey video games. Yes it works on NHL12 very well but is not so effective in real hockey Josi.

All in all i think are mistakes cost the Preds the game not being outplayed by the Yotes. Having a week off really showed. I hope Peka and the rest of the team got a nice early wake up call

Old
04-28-2012, 12:34 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Funny how many of our fans saw them as an easy target and thought sweep or five. This is another dogfight.
I had Preds in 6 but I wasn't if there was a sweep either way.

Old
04-28-2012, 02:56 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I blame the OT goal on poor coaching and scouting. Right before they scored even the NBC announcers said to watch out for the active wingers off the faceoff. Trotz should have saw that coming and had a better defensive plan in place.

Would be nice to avoid unnecessary icings too, considering how poor we were at the dot (cough SK cough)

Old
04-28-2012, 08:20 PM
cleangene

Has Fisher scored since the all-star break???

Closed Thread