HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Phoenix-area rinks

Old
04-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Kritter471

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kritter471
Phoenix-area rinks

I just found out I'll be moving to Tempe this summer, and it will be the first time in a while I've been in an area with multiple rinks.

So I was hoping to get the scoop on which rinks are the best/least pricey/most fun to play at from people out there. I know there's several in the area.

I'm not a straight-up newbie any more, but I'm certainly not any good and would actually love a chance to work with coaches more on a week-to-week basis rather than just making it up as I go along. I also saw a reference to a women's league out there but haven't been able to find much about it.

So anyone from out there want to help out on my quest for the right place to play out there? I'm going to be working in southwest Tempe, and the place I live is still TBD.

Kritter471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2012, 05:14 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

You'll have a few options.

Oceanside is closest to Tempe. That's where I do my D-league classes and games. One ice sheet, nice ice. They have a women's league on Tuesday night (or maybe it's beginners league, I'm not sure).

You could also go to Polar Ice Chandler or Gilbert, but that would be a little further. I skate at Polar Ice Peoria, which is very similar. 2 sheets at each rink. LOTS of hockey time, between stick time, open hockey, leagues, etc.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2012, 10:37 PM
flyers10

Besides what frackiewicz mentioned there is also Arcadia Ice about 20 mins from Tempe and Ice Den about 20 min north in Scottsdale. You really have a lot of ice close by. I think the Polar Chandler has women's league as well as the co-ed adult leagues. There is also a women's club called Cactus Valley Hockey. I believe that is the one that usually plays at Oceanside.

flyers10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:25 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers10 View Post
Besides what frackiewicz mentioned there is also Arcadia Ice about 20 mins from Tempe and Ice Den about 20 min north in Scottsdale. You really have a lot of ice close by.
I'm jealous. I really think there could be another rink on the west side - maybe Avondale? I'm sure the recession has a lot to do with it, but really - east side players are spoiled with all of that ice!

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote