HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

WCQF Game 4 | Coyotes @ Blackhawks | 4-19-12 | 5PM | FS A+ CNBC

Old
04-20-2012, 11:49 AM
MP

vCash: 500
And another thing--Yandle is a +3 on the series, despite the turnovers and spotty defense. He's been upstaged by OEL, and understandably so, but let's not sell him short...

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

I had to take the night off from posting, I was so drained mentally and too many adult beverages.

I'm elated right now still watching the highlights over and over and over again.

Now, about the final closing 2 mins. I think its about time we parked one of "D" guys on the offside of the net so that we stop giving up the tap ins after a rebound. I understand in Game 2 when the shot from the point went it, that can happen, but we can't let the Hawk players be the only guys covering the backside rebound...just can't.

I'm so loving this team for not giving up after all the adversity and blowing late leads, it is truly remarkable and speaks to the leadership of Tipp, Doan and the rest of the gang. I'm very impressed.

Sindiggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:00 PM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
And another thing--Yandle is a +3 on the series, despite the turnovers and spotty defense. He's been upstaged by OEL, and understandably so, but let's not sell him short...
Not selling Yandle short, in a fact his trade value will never be higher than now and we have depth on D, a need at Center and other players need to get paid. Yandle needs to go for those reasons more than his performance.

AZviaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:08 PM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindiggy View Post
I had to take the night off from posting, I was so drained mentally and too many adult beverages.

I'm elated right now still watching the highlights over and over and over again.

Now, about the final closing 2 mins. I think its about time we parked one of "D" guys on the offside of the net so that we stop giving up the tap ins after a rebound. I understand in Game 2 when the shot from the point went it, that can happen, but we can't let the Hawk players be the only guys covering the backside rebound...just can't.

I'm so loving this team for not giving up after all the adversity and blowing late leads, it is truly remarkable and speaks to the leadership of Tipp, Doan and the rest of the gang. I'm very impressed.
TEAM - that is the key word. To win this a game being down 4.5 forwards (Vrby still only 50%) is amazing. 3 of 4 games we were down a forward within the first 5 minutes of the game and played short-handed the balance. Again, the coaching, defense, goaltending and teamwork are incredible.

If not for the Raffi situation, I think the sports would have really latched on to the Coyotes, and maybe still will, given the incredible story that is unfolding.

AZviaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:10 PM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZviaNJ View Post
Not selling Yandle short, in a fact his trade value will never be higher than now and we have depth on D, a need at Center and other players need to get paid. Yandle needs to go for those reasons more than his performance.
Still not sold on the idea. We still have no idea if the prospects will pan out. Meanwhile, players like Yandle don't grow on trees. Aside from his production, he seems to be well-liked in the room, to judge by the A on his jersey. I understand where you're coming from--this team has lacked a top-line center for way too long--but if we gave up Yandle in one of those draft-day blockbusters, for instance, we'd live to regret it.

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Probably nationally it has done ok, but I am more concerned about locally. I am still hearing about people who wondered what channel the game is on or they dont get the plus. I am not sure any game has been on the normal FSN and last Saturday's game was the Chicago broadcast. They are still making it hard to follow this team if you are a casual fan!!!
This goes out to everybody here, but if you have a Facebook and/or Twitter account, you will not believe how many casual people will watch a game if you tell them to and give them the channel number and time to do so.

As for trading Yandle, don't be crazy. Players have off-years. He's only 25. I fully expect him to kick a lot ass again in the future.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:44 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Hossa is not traveling and Cory could see the bench on Saturday. Per @TramyersCSN

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:46 PM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

Quote:
Hossa is not traveling and Cory could see the bench on Saturday. Per @TramyersCSN
All the more reason to end this in 5 games.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:48 PM
Mayo Taco Monday

vCash: 510
Send a message via MSN to Mayo Taco Monday
What is the over/under on the Yotes losing a man in the first period on Saturday?

Mayo Taco Monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayo Taco Monday View Post
What is the over/under on the Yotes losing a man in the first period on Saturday?
Bout the same as going into OT.

First team to lose a man and score 3 goals wins this game

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Mayo Taco Monday

vCash: 510
Send a message via MSN to Mayo Taco Monday
Quote:
Bout the same as going into OT.

First team to lose a man and score 3 goals wins this game
Damn, I like those odds!

Mayo Taco Monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Fred Murtz

Mikkel Boedker OT game winner goal.

Fred Murtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 02:47 PM
GiveAFlyingPuck
Gary Bettman Rocks!

vCash: 193
Quote:

I was thinking that, too. Would be one less person to screen Smith. But I'm just a fan who never played and will leave it up to the pros to do what they have to do.

GiveAFlyingPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 04:00 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
Yandle has been great in the series and deserves just as many kudos as anyone else on the team. He had a tough bit of a stretch during the mid regular season but he's been generally on his game for awhile now. That people still judge him like it's 3 months ago is silly IMO.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 04:09 PM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

I would say defensively, he is not having a great series, but Smith and Morris have been giving him some breaks.

I loved how Yandle broke up that 2-on-1 yesterday while skating back. With OEL here, it's easy to forget that Yandle is pretty quick himself.

I wonder if Yandle's confidence is hurt. He didn't exactly have a good start and then OEL sort of became the new sexy #1 defenseman around these parts.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
I would say defensively, he is not having a great series, but Smith and Morris have been giving him some breaks.
I completely disagree, I think he's been good all series.

Old
04-20-2012, 04:37 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Yeah, that's a good idea.

Old
04-20-2012, 05:07 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

Quote:
Umh, no. Not at all. Yandle is part of the heart of this team. He bleeds Coyotes and is being groomed to be Doan's heir. You need to look past just one sub-par season for such an important player.

Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 06:16 PM
gorsk11

Yandle

I did not try to turn this into a dump on Yandle or Trade Yandle. I would not trade him at all. I like his game....I like it when he elevates his game.

I feel like the other defenders have really elevated their game. My point was - he should be playing at a higher level. Although he has had some major turnovers, they have not cost us. Even with his mediocre play, it is still good. I would not even think about sitting him....

I just think Klesla, OEL, Morris and Rosy have out played him and really elevated their play.

Just wanted to be clear....some are reading more into it.

And I'm thrillled about how we are playing. Just pointing out somethings I notice.
I don't just drink the kool-aid - I try to be objective.

Thanks for reading.

gorsk11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 06:35 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

I would not trade Yandle.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 06:46 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
J-Rock in the house!

If Yandle would quit causing stupid turnovers at the blue line or passing directly to Chicago players in the defensive end I would have no problem with his current level of play.

But he IS doing those things and Smith is constantly bailing him out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I would not trade Yandle.
Yeah that.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 07:53 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

He's had a tough year. He seems to be battling himself. He'll get the issues between the ears sorted out this summer, I'm sure.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:29 AM
mitch27

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorsk11 View Post
I did not try to turn this into a dump on Yandle or Trade Yandle. I would not trade him at all. I like his game....I like it when he elevates his game.

I feel like the other defenders have really elevated their game. My point was - he should be playing at a higher level. Although he has had some major turnovers, they have not cost us. Even with his mediocre play, it is still good. I would not even think about sitting him....

I just think Klesla, OEL, Morris and Rosy have out played him and really elevated their play.

Just wanted to be clear....some are reading more into it.

And I'm thrillled about how we are playing. Just pointing out somethings I notice.
I don't just drink the kool-aid - I try to be objective.

Thanks for reading.
I disagree, Rozy has been AWFUL. He has to be one of the slowest players in the NHL. I cringe everytime someone skates in on his side. I really feel like he's holding OEL back because Ollie constantly has to cover for him. That's my opinion, anyway.

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:42 AM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch27 View Post
I disagree, Rozy has been AWFUL. He has to be one of the slowest players in the NHL. I cringe everytime someone skates in on his side. I really feel like he's holding OEL back because Ollie constantly has to cover for him. That's my opinion, anyway.
This

The only time Rozy looks good is on the PK, other than that, he moves the puck terrible and gets beat wide all the time. However, I do believe his suckness has brought out the best in OEL. The good news is that next year we can pair OEL up with a more defensive minded, more mobile Dman and then watch OEL take his game to a whole new level...kid is unreal.

Sindiggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:44 AM
mitch27

Quote:
This

The only time Rozy looks good is on the PK, other than that, he moves the puck terrible and gets beat wide all the time. However, I do believe his suckness has brought out the best in OEL. The good news is that next year we can pair OEL up with a more defensive minded, more mobile Dman and then watch OEL take his game to a whole new level...kid is unreal.

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote