HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bowman has to do something, what will it be

Old
04-20-2012, 11:04 AM
Illinihockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Teams needs a 2nd line center, a physical d-man and a backup goalie capable of starting and playing well.
Agreed about 2nd line center and physical d-man.

Illinihockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:05 AM
Gootie
Thug of the Year

vCash: 1868
1. Fire Kitchen
2. Get a second line center
3. Get some fast and physical wingers that can get on the forecheck and win board battles.
4. Get a physical defenseman that isn't a pylon

Gootie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
One of them ain't goin nowhere. The other needs to go to the glue factory.
right, Emery won't get traded.

Hope we can unload Crawford...

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:12 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Emery getting traded needs to be a priority. If you don't agree, you have way too much faith in Crawford.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:39 AM
InTOEWSweTrust
Free Morin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
We've seen that the team we have is not good enough to make it past the 2nd round
We've seen that the team can't even get home ice during the RS
We've seen that our PP and PK is more than bad
We've seen that you can't be cheap on the goaltending postion any more

all of this is not acceptable. We have Keith, Seabrook, Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp and Bolland. Most of them underachieved and they did this for a reason

Bowman has some work to do

Bickell & Frolik were our best players these past 2 games. In a perfect world, they play on the 4th line. In a perfect world, Stalberg is Versteeg again, Krüger isn't in the Top6 abd the money is spend better.

Our depth isn't good enough for the system we play. Our goaltending sucks and Bowman made a big big mistake with the new contract he gave to Emery. This takes away the chances to bring in a guy that could take over as #1 guy. I don't think he will trade Crawford, but he should. Trade Crawford and go after a #1 goalie that may be available.

Bowman has a lot work to do and if he signs a vet, he should go after the guys that still have something left and are a fit for the system
Sorry but I Disagree about Cheap on a goaltender, the formula is still cheap goalie good defense imo, The wings are paying Jimmy Howard less then we are paying Crawford, I am still in favor of cheap goalies and world class Defensmen... sorry..

InTOEWSweTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:47 AM
Judrix
Kruger is our 2C

a top 4 dman is a much much bigger need than 2nd line C. They were 6th in GF/G. Leddy can't play top 4 minutes right now. Either can Oduya.

If they add zero forwards next year I would be fine with it.

Stalberg-Toews-Kane
Saad-Sharp-Hossa
Bickell-Bolland-Frolik
Carcillo-Kruger-Shaw

that's fine, plus they have Hayes, Morin, maybe even Beach could fill in. They of course will add at least one forward.

Judrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 11:58 AM
topnotch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObeyBollig View Post
Unfortunately our whole team is built around the puck possession game. Playing in the offensive zone for most of the game to be successful. It won't work to have the core we have and try to become a power forward defensive team. Look at the cup year. Most of our defense was PMD's. To think Toews, Kane, Sharp, Kruger, Stalberg etc. can be effective in a defensive system team is just not reality.

I think better coaching and goaltending would be a much better path.
Agreed. The PP has been absolutely horrendous and is a MAJOR reason this team is failing. The Hawks just cannot make teams pay for mistakes.

To everyone clamouring about bringing in lots of size and grit, that essentially means blowing up the core. Toews, Kane, Keith, Seabrook, Sharp, Hossa; of all those guys, only Seabrook is a physical player and that comes and goes.

Most Big power players are not good skaters and won't be able to keep up with the top talent on this team. The results would be disasterous. Commit to the core, and bring in a coach who can make modifications when the Hawks run into teams like Phoenix.

In every game the offense got progressive weaker as the game went on. Q and the staff should have already come up with gameplans to counter Phoenix's defense, yet all we see is more of the same.

topnotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Emery getting traded needs to be a priority. If you don't agree, you have way too much faith in Crawford.
I don't agree, and I have zero faith in Crawford.

Crawford needs to go, not Emery, who provides jsut as good of goaltending for half the money.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:18 PM
SchruteFarms
Cup #5!

What if Kane is now your #2 center?

SchruteFarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:29 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I don't agree, and I have zero faith in Crawford.

Crawford needs to go, not Emery, who provides jsut as good of goaltending for half the money.
Who the hell is going to trade for either of them? At least with Emery you can just bite the bullet and waive him or take a slightly overpaid 4th liner we could use back.

Old
04-20-2012, 12:41 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Acquire Plekanec. I know some might say acquire defense first, but it bumps Kane up to the first line. Then you have something like...

Saad-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Plekanec-Hossa

... for your top 6. You're going to control the puck much longer on offense, and that will help decrease 2's TOI right there. I'd still get an upgrade on the blueline, but that would at least be a start.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:45 PM
coldsteelonice84

Plekanec is a Selke calibre center who is also very good offensively. He would be the perfect addition to this team.

Old
04-20-2012, 12:46 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Kane is one of the, if not the best playmaker in the game. He's our second line center. We need a couple more physical power forwards and we might have those in Beach + Saad. Coaching needs to improve, we won't win with an offensive system that has Bruno/Kruger in the top 6.

Beach/Toews/****
Saad/Kane/****
Bickell/Bolland/Shaw
Carcillo/Mayers/Burish

Keith/Seabs
****/Leddy
Olsen/Montador

Emery

Need physical RW'ers who can deliver big hits, play D and score. We need a SOLID defensive Dman for when Seabs is on the bench. Also, a goalie.

Hossa AND Sharp are a luxury that we don't need in the west anymore to beat these punk defensive teams. Those guys will do much better in the east.

However, elite playmakers like Kane and Toews are a necessity to run the offense through. Even against Phoenix Kane has had his hand in 4 or 5 goals, without him we lose more than we can imagine on offense.

It's hard to imagine our cup team, who struggled mightily against Nashville, could beat Phoenix, St.Louis and Nashville today.

I hate what's happened to the west.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:49 PM
coldsteelonice84

Add a legit power foward to the top 6, a healthy Carcillo all year (or replacement if he get hurt, Blowman you idiot) and a physical D-man or two and the team will be just fine. No need to trade Hossa or Sharp. We need them. But we need the other things too. And yeah, Kane as C is a good backup plan if you can't get a top center in trade.

Old
04-20-2012, 12:50 PM
Sarava

I have many thoughts on this, but I'll hold on to them while the Hawks are still alive. Winning 3 straight against Phoenix isn't impossible.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:52 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I have many thoughts on this, but I'll hold on to them while the Hawks are still alive. Winning 3 straight against Phoenix isn't impossible.
We talked offseason during last years comeback, I say don't **** with the formula.

Old
04-20-2012, 12:56 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
We talked offseason during last years comeback, I say don't **** with the formula.
You think the formula could also beat Nashville and St. Louis after our struggle against a less talented Phoenix team?

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2012, 12:58 PM
coldsteelonice84

Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
You think the formula could also beat Nashville and St. Louis after our struggle against a less talented Phoenix team?
Hell no. I mean, Hossa somehow comes back and goes beast mode, maybe, but that ain't happening.

Old
04-21-2012, 11:54 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTOEWSweTrust View Post
Sorry but I Disagree about Cheap on a goaltender, the formula is still cheap goalie good defense imo, The wings are paying Jimmy Howard less then we are paying Crawford, I am still in favor of cheap goalies and world class Defensmen... sorry..
Detroit has to pay for Howard after next season. Howard will get 4+

Quote:
Crawford getting traded needs to be a priority. If you don't agree, you have too much faith in Crawford. Crawford has to go

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 01:15 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTOEWSweTrust View Post
And look where that got Detroit. First round exit after a 4-1 series.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Sarava

Quote:
Detroit has to pay for Howard after next season. Howard will get 4+

Crawford getting traded needs to be a priority. If you don't agree, you have too much faith in Crawford. Crawford has to go
Howard was great for much of the season, but his play regressed once again. If I'm Detroit I think long and hard before settling on this guy longterm. He doesn't bring it in the playoffs.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 02:35 PM
sketch22

vCash: 2893
Quote:
We've seen that our PP and PK is more than bad
Fire Kitchen.

Quote:
We've seen that the team can't even get home ice during the RS
If the pp and pk were league average this isn't true. Again fire Kitchen.

Quote:
We've seen that the team we have is not good enough to make it past the 2nd round
If the pp and pk weren't so horrible this series would be tied at worst. Improve the special teams play to league average and this isn't true.

Quote:
We've seen that you can't be cheap on the goaltending postion any more
Mike Smith, Brian Elliot, and Craig Anderson are all cheap goaltenders. Half the teams in the playoffs have cheap goaltenders. If the team in front of the goaltender plays defense its a pretty good setup.

Quote:
all of this is not acceptable. We have Keith, Seabrook, Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp and Bolland. Most of them underachieved and they did this for a reason
The Hawks players didn't underachieve they produce amoung the league leaders at even strength, Hossa (13th), Kane (14th), Sharp (24th), Toews (60th in 59 games), but if a teams pp isn't scoring at a high rate a players numbers aren't going to be as high. Again fire Kitchen and the team improves. Not sure how you can include Seabrook on that list though. His offense numbers were fine and he was the most consistent d-man on the team.

Quote:
Bowman has some work to do
He is a GM in the NHL. It goes with out saying that he should be working to improve the team.

Quote:
Bickell & Frolik were our best players these past 2 games. In a perfect world, they play on the 4th line. In a perfect world, Stalberg is Versteeg again, Krüger isn't in the Top6 abd the money is spend better.
In a perfect world there isn't a salary cap and the cup team is still together. But there is, it isn't, and the money has been handled just fine overall. No unmovable contracts, players outproducing their contracts, and plenty of cap space going forward.

Quote:
Our depth isn't good enough for the system we play.
The depth players (Bickell, Frolik, Bollig, Morrison) are the only reason the Hawks haven't been swept so far.

Quote:
Our goaltending sucks and Bowman made a big big mistake with the new contract he gave to Emery. This takes away the chances to bring in a guy that could take over as #1 guy. I don't think he will trade Crawford, but he should. Trade Crawford and go after a #1 goalie that may be available.
Crawford is a number #1 goalie. If you put Crawford on PHX, LA, STL, NSH, NYR, or any other team that plays a defense first system his numbers would be right up there with Smith and Elliot.

sketch22 is offline   Reply With Quote