HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #5 - New Jersey Devils vs. Florida Panthers

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2012, 08:19 PM
scalan15

vCash: 500
this whole team is at fault, they have no heart, they played like they want it over already. At the end of the game at least give them a message with a hit or a fight, nothing, Clarkson has been invisible this series, the next game I say start Cam Jansson, at least he shows some heart. Kovy has gotta be injured, and if he is, why is our coach playing him that many minutes?

Old
StvBroDan
RE2PECT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnots13 View Post
Anyone who is blaming solely Kovalchuk is just a clown...
Bingo. I missed the game but it could not have been all his fault or Marty. HAVE TO ****ING GOALS.

Old
Horus
Teh boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by nona weisbaum View Post
Kicked in the ****ing balls. That's all I can say about this. Kicked right in the ****ing balls.

Devils will be back here next Thursday. Ain't no way they're going down to these bums on home ice.
You're badly underestimating this team's ability to find ways to lose.

Old
captainscott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
Not blaming kovalchuk at all. I really think he did as much as he could tonight, he's just clearly hurt. Speed is such a huge part of his game and he doesn't have it now.

Clarkson, sykora, poni, zubrus, and for the most part henrique and Elias have been mia.
yeah i would be tweaking the 2nd and 3rd line for game 6

sykora goes to the 4th line in place of bernier

not sure about henrique's play he has been invisible but he is a rookie so i am not going to harp on him too much but yikes

poni ...nada

clarkson once again not making much of an impact in the playoffs

Old
04-21-2012, 08:20 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Well at least the team I wanted to come out of the west already won their series. What a joke of a performance.

Old
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 835
I'm sorry, but Florida is a dog **** team and I refuse to give them credit for anything. Every single play of note they've made in this series was the result of no less than 2 errors from either the Devils or the officials or a combination of the two.

So ****ing embarrassing. At least Vancouver, Pittsburgh, and Nashville are losing to good teams.

Old
ZadorovNJD*
go away fatso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Kovalsuck

Id like to see anyone defend him tonight
He's clearly injured. Why else would he lead the team with only 25 minutes of ice time?

13 more years.

Old
Getzo5
The Punisher

Agreed with Just Win. This team has no balls and it ****ing pains me.

Old
Just Win
Free Larsson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
I'm getting drunk enough to forget this one.
Cheers. I might as well do the same. What a ****ed up week.

Old
04-21-2012, 08:21 PM
Devilsfan92
4 8 15 16 23 42

Old
04-21-2012, 08:21 PM
kyle evs48
No words needed

They don't want it.

Old
04-21-2012, 08:22 PM
engy

I blame the coach for using the same lines and expecting them to be better. Kovalchuk-Zajac-Parise hasn't done anything all series yet he still sticks them together. He still hasn't gotten the best out of his players and it is HIS ineptitude that is putting the Devils on another early exit. Devils play so conservatively while on offense, it looks so EASY to defend when they don't get any bounces.

Old
njdss4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB Devils23 View Post
You shouldn't have used to word "officially".
You put words in my mouth by using "eliminated" when I didn't say that. You knew what I meant. Stop nitpicking.

Old
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Can't Blame Marty- Team can not score a goal.

Can't Blame Kovalchuk- He is playing injured and it shows.

Blame the whole ****ing team for not showing up tonight!

Series isn't over yet? BTW am I on the ignore list?

Old
BenedictGomez
#FireDeboer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Concept View Post
By the time the Panthers reached the 1996 playoffs, thousands of rats hit the ice after every Panthers goal, resulting in an off-season rule change by the NHL that allowed for referees to penalize the home team if fans disrupt the game by throwing objects onto the ice.
Yup.

Thus a great NHL tradition in Detroit was ruined by a bunch of people that dont even like hockey.

Old
Wingman77
Glory Days

real smooth job Devils, way to sit back and watch the Panthers skate in ****ing circles, beat you to pucks, and yea just **** everything right now un****ingbelievable

I'll hop on that boat with RG, time to get drunk

Old
apice3*

Kovy isn't the sole blame, but he has literally no passion to play. It's like he can't wait for his offseason to start to he can enjoy his summer in Atlanta.

That being said, Clarkson, Sykora, Zubrus and Henrique, 84 goals this season have a combined 1 goal this series. As a comparion, each of our three fourth liners have a goal this series.

I can see us winning game 6 at home, but I really can't see this team winning the series and they're definitely not getting much further than the 2nd round. This team is bi-polar and they have no heart. The team that loved adversity in the regular season can't handle it in the postseason.

Old
Fayne Staley
Pick me a winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Agreed with Just Win. This team has no balls and it ****ing pains me.
Feel the same way

Old
manisback121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
the only forward who skated hard all night? lol ok...
The lack of emotion, the lack of asskicking, complete lack of any emotion. Stevens would have screamed at them, even langenbrunner would have had a ****fit in the lack of play. No question of playing ability, but question his heart in confronting his team.

Old
04-21-2012, 08:23 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdss4 View Post
You put words in my mouth by using "eliminated" when I didn't say that. You knew what I meant. Stop nitpicking.
I had no idea what you meant.

Old
EnglishDevil

vCash: 359
Have to give credit to the Panthers, they simply had more heart, desire and wanted it more tonight. Whilst the referees made a couple of suspect calls, the devils also took some really stupid penalties and dug themselves into that hole for the most part as far i'm concerned.

This team lacks heart, honestly very few players out there even looked like they cared tonight. The only ones i can legitimately give any credit to are Greene, Harrold (was absolutely fantastic, and has been all series), Bernier, Little Gio (the effort was there in his limited role) and Brodeur.

To anyone who thinks Marty lost us that game, you must have been watching a different game. He kept us in it despite numerous odd man rushes and appalling defensive breakdowns; certainly that was a boneheaded play on his part on the second goal, but we didn't even score once so what the hell does it matter? He was great all night and the only reason this didn't end up 7-0 or worse.

Kovalchuk is clearly nursing a pretty serious injury, he can barely skate and looks absolutely pathetic and a shell of his usual self out there. Parise is a virtual non-factor, if this is the player who's supposedly going to be earning over 7 million next year, i'll pass. That whole line has no chemistry, although it looks clearly gimped by the inability of Kovalchuk do virtually anything at all.

Sykora and Elias were non-existent tonight, Zubrus and Henrique were incredibly mediocre (Henrique has done nothing in quite some time) and Ponikarovsky hasn't been particularly good either.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when it's only our goaltender and fringe players like Bernier, Harrold and Gionta that look like they even bothered to show up. Absolutely dreadful performance and now we're on the verge of another first round elimination.

Let's hope they can pick up the pieces back in Newark and have another crack at the Panthers at Bank Atlantic next week.

Old
Just Win
Free Larsson

Lou needs to kick DeBoer in the balls for playing one-legged Kovy so much. And Stevens needs to go in that lockerroom and yell the **** out of every single player. Complete lack of heart. I can deal with losing but i can't deal with a lack of effort.

Old
PacManNJD
Let's get clever.

Uninspiring garbage.

That has to be one of the most pathetic and putrid efforts I've seen from this team in the playoffs since I became a fan.

IT IS NINE YEARS SINCE WE'VE WON THE ****ING CUP. GET YOUR LAZY ***** IN GEAR, YOU ****ING BUMS.

Old
mcmagic

I don't want to hear about the Refs when you get shut out by a terrible goalie and a middle of the road defensive team in a game 5 in the playoffs. They deserved to lose and they did. Period.

Old
04-21-2012, 08:24 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
I'm sorry, but Florida is a dog **** team and I refuse to give them credit for anything. Every single play of note they've made in this series was the result of no less than 2 errors from either the Devils or the officials or a combination of the two.

So ****ing embarrassing. At least Vancouver, Pittsburgh, and Nashville are losing to good teams.
Nashville?

Closed Thread