HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Sens @ Rangers - Game 5

Old
04-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Dantes19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
I said "get more grinders" where?

And how about Gaborik play with a little bit of urgency? He's been utterly useless all series. He's a primary scorer for a reason. He should be scoring. It's not even just these playoffs, he's been useless for several series in a row.

Did I claim you said "get more grinders"? No, not at all. Nice try, though.

There's a difference between saying Gaborik needs to play with more urgency and calling for him to be off the team. He's been disappointing of course, but has Richards really been that much more offensively impressive? There are a bunch of other guys who deserve the heat you're throwing at Gaborik (who undoubtedly has been underwhelming), but I don't see you calling any of them out in this thread.

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:10 PM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Guys that have to be moved this offseason:

Anisimov and Dubinsky

I want both off this team. Waive Anisimov for all I care. He's beyond useless and is outright disgracing the jersey at this point.
Get some uncomplicated goal scorers, maybe guys from the QJMHL.
I have to agree with you. Both those guys are nothing at all, forget about giving them more time. Truly good players never need all that patience, they just step into it and start doing stuff.
Kind of like Mark Stone tonight.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Killem Dafoe
modus operandi

vCash: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValhallaRising View Post
Dude I like you, for your sweet name and you usually have good posts, but Richards was fuggin Awful tonight. I mean noticeably bad, not invisible.
haha it's hard to even disagree with you after all that love.

i just thought he stood out to me, maybe because everyone else was invisible. he had a few good chances and at times looked like he tried to carry the play all by himself. he's a playmaker though we don't have anyone else stepping up for him to feed the puck to.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Line Grinder View Post
********, the results would be the same had we faced the Caps
We may have been eliminated already if we played them.

Black Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

If Mess, Leetch, Graves, and Kovy laced them up for Game 6, they'd be better than these guys offensively.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Nothing again from Gaborik and Richards, though it becomes an easier task for Ottawa to shut those guys down when they know the other Rangers forwards are non-factors. No goals from Stepan, Anisimov and Dubinsky. No primary scoring. No secondary scoring. Not even any tertiary scoring from Stralman or Boyle.

Hope Boyle is okay and the Rangers find a way to get some pucks behind Anderson. He's been very good.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:11 PM
Dorado*

Dreger tweets Neil hit clean

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
vbman09

vCash: 100
Chris Neil will get a 2500 bonus and a gold hockey stick for his hit on Boyle. Why would shanny give him anything less. Kredier was better tonight and Mitchell needs to sit when Hags plays on Monday. I haven't given up hope but I can't wait to see what the NHL does about hits to the head when it's a border line dirty player like Neil!

vbman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NCRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
this is the problem though with the thinking that anyteam is going to go far with ONE SOLE offensive threat! Especially one that isn't the most robust physical speciman.

This is why we wanted Kovalchuk, this is why we wanted Nash!

This is why this offseason we simply must land a Parise, or a Ryan, or a Nash.

Richards has been a dissapointement as well...
Doesn't matter.

I hate to say this. The Rangers need a Jason Chimera type player, a talentless ass clown but can skate like the wind. Make that three Jason Chimera type players.

Then we can worry about Nash.

NCRanger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
racer90

yea probably bad matchup, but senators have a really good team. No denying their speed and underrated offense.

Anderson in that game was pretty untested IMO. The chances we had that were good in terms of position, were often thrown away by a flatland shot that never got very high, or by a shot that looked lackadasical and lacked velocity.

racer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MDL8981

Hank is the only one who seems upset in the postgame interviews. Everyone else is acting like they just finished a game in October vs Winnipeg.

MDL8981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
theJUMPER

StL advances. Good for JD and the Blues.

theJUMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
-I'm truly flabbergasted with Anisimov. He was an Animal in the first game and has completely vanished since.

-Mitchell's continued employment by the New York Rangers is truly a mystery.

-I thought Hank was great...... again. Shame he has nothing to show for it.......again.

-Gaborik HAS to score. No if's, ands, or buts. 41 Regular season goals has to carry over. 1 playoff goal is not acceptable.

-Angry rant over-

Hopefully for Game 6, Neil is suspended, Alfie will probably still be gone, and Hagelin should be back. Unfortunately, this puts our team in a position to do something they haven't done in years. Win back to back playoff games.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MSG the place to be*

The problem with gaborik isn't the lack of goals. It's his lack of dexterity.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
We will overpay for Parise. For sure. Sather is going to dump a **** ton of money onto his doorstep.

And I don't want him. I want Nash at this point. Or Ryan. Not Parise.
Agreed 100%.

We don't have enough talented players to make sure Parise's talents are fully exploited. We need someone who could carry the load themselves from time to time. It's apparent that getting Nash might have been huge for this team.

NikC

Quote:
I have been gravitating more and more to replacing hockey as my #1 sport. I've devoted my entire life to this sport be it playing, writing, following.

The lack of respect our team gets from the league has been pushing me away from the game. The lack of giving a **** our team shows is accelerating it. The entire thing is outright upsetting to me Almost makes me want to cry. This is just ridiculous.
it is becoming hard to take I agree. I knew going into this season that although i would enjoy the ride, my expectations are for next season. Let's give Krieder a full camp along with bringing in another top 3 scorer and PP QB.

This team needs real firepower. we'll have the cup if we get some real scoring.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Glen Teflon Sather
With an iron fist

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
It was more bearable when we barely squeaked into the playoffs and lost in the first round.

I really don't even know what to think right now. I don't want anything to do with this team. I've lost hope
Totally agree, it was the expectations of being the 1 seed and losing which makes it unbearable. They overachieved plain and simple

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
I have been gravitating more and more to replacing hockey as my #1 sport. I've devoted my entire life to this sport be it playing, writing, following.

The lack of respect our team gets from the league has been pushing me away from the game. The lack of giving a **** our team shows is accelerating it. The entire thing is outright upsetting to me. Almost makes me want to cry. This is just ridiculous.
Amen brother. I just don't know what to think right now. Want to become a Red Bulls fan with me? Their team looks pretty exciting this year.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:12 PM
mug25

Anyone have video of Stepan crushing Neil earlier in the game? It's sad but...it's the only highlight of the game for me.

mug25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman1202 View Post
New York Rangers with the two pinpoint accuracy settings: just wide and right to the chest.

Never more correct.
That play where Callahan went one on one on Anderson and just attempted a weak ass backhand into his chest is the epitome of this game. I honestly don't know if this team will score another goal on Anderson this series.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I want Gaborik, Anisimov, Fedotenko, and maybe Dubinsky gone.

I want Parise in their place.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Perfect Paradox
Beyond Good and Evil

vCash: 50
This team looks like a shell of their former selves, it's frustrating to watch. I had no confidence that they would win this series after last game, and of course, I'm sticking with that same mentality.

What's even more frustrating is that EVERY "contender" in the East is down in their series and we can't take advantage of having the other match ups going in our favor.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rangers4Life74

after the Rangers get knocked out,The King will ask to be traded.and i cant say i blame him either,he deserves better

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dantes19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
That's fairly presumptuous. One reason I'm posting about Gaborik right now is that the play he made on Spezza's empty better is glued into my mind, and his overall play has been lacking extremely.

There are plenty of reasons for these losses. Gaborik, however, is a player expected to b a big factor. He hasn't been. Anisimov, Stepan, and Dubinsky have been useless too.

Losing Hagelin really changes this teams dynamic.

It's not presumptuous at all. It's based on the facts of what you specificly posted in this thread. I didn't see you calling for anyone else to be moved off the roster.

The whole team, aside from maybe Boyle, has been offensively disappointing. And you're right, this team needs Hagelin and his speed/forechecking ability.

Dantes19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Don't blame Gaborik. The problem is SECONDARY scoring. It doesn't exist on this team. We are NOT offensively skilled.
When your primary scoring isn't scoring, how can you chirp about secondary scoring?

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote