HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hank bashing needs to STOP

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-21-2012, 09:32 PM
  #51
M0rbid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cave
Country: United States
Posts: 7,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
Last year Richards, before him it was Gaborik.....what do we need an All star team? One of Ottawa's best scorers is out and we can't beat them?
What have they done in this series?

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:34 PM
  #52
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks
 
SlingshotVv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyNYR View Post
Who ever thinks Hank has done bad to the rangers, is a complete idiot. AN IDIOT.

Without him where would we be???? WHERE???

We have no offense, if we do its not cosistent. Hank is the rangers, and without him we would be no where.
Because the Senators are a massively consistent goal scoring machine. Knock it off, that argument holds no water.

Hank played well tonight. But he got outplayed. For this team to succeed we need him to outplay his counterpart. This team is built that way, Hank is payed that way, and the staff runs the bench that way.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:35 PM
  #53
bouds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mug25 View Post
Doubt he'd ever do that.

It's obvious that he loves the New York lifestyle far too much. Aside from L.A., where else would he be able to show off his amazing fashion sense on a regular basis?
Yeah, that's not Henrik, won't quit on the team. However, he being here after his contract is up is not a sure thing. He wants to win and if he has better options I can see him leaving. We'll see, hope he's here for life.

bouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:35 PM
  #54
DarthSather99
Registered User
 
DarthSather99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
What have they done in this series?
Exactly my point. Pay big money for these players then they disappear in the playoffs. Give me a young underpaid player that is hungry.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:36 PM
  #55
IBleedNYRBlue
Registered User
 
IBleedNYRBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
Because the Senators are a massively consistent goal scoring machine. Knock it off, that argument holds no water.

Hank played well tonight. But he got outplayed. For this team to succeed we need him to outplay his counterpart. This team is built that way, Hank is payed that way, and the staff runs the bench that way.
So I guess we would then need Hank to get us a SO most games, right?

Because that looks like the only ****ing way we win right now. 114 minutes without a goal.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:37 PM
  #56
Anderson
Registered User
 
Anderson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 1,080
vCash: 500
You are aware the sens were the 4th best offensive team this season, right?

Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:41 PM
  #57
goalie dude
Rookie User
 
goalie dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
sens were the 4th best offense this year, but had a poor defense.. We can't generate any offense rhythm at all.. Torts has the lines all over the place.. I understand hags out 3 games messed up the entire flow (no pun intended) ; but I think more consistency would be good in this series...

Another point we really have to be honest about is how we were up 2-0 in the earlier games and we fell into this passive defensive shell and gave up goals , it's like we turned the switch off.... Can't do that with our team, when we're hot we're hot just need to keep the pressure..

Doesn't hurt most of our guys are young and rookies in the playoffs, I'm not entirely too depressed.. If we can't pull it out monday it's definitly a dissapointment but next year can be very good with our young guys like mcd, dz, hagelin, kreider, stepan, all getting more playoff experience moving on


Torts also shoulda been playing kreider a bit more for some offense, not more of this defensive ****...we need goals , hank can only stop so much

goalie dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:42 PM
  #58
M0rbid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cave
Country: United States
Posts: 7,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie dude View Post
sens were the 4th best offense this year, but had a poor defense.. We can't generate any offense rhythm at all.. Torts has the lines all over the place.. I understand hags out 3 games messed up the entire flow (no pun intended) ; but I think more consistency would be good in this series...

Another point we really have to be honest about is how we were up 2-0 in the earlier games and we fell into this passive defensive shell and gave up goals , it's like we turned the switch off.... Can't do that with our team, when we're hot we're hot just need to keep the pressure..

Doesn't hurt most of our guys are young and rookies in the playoffs, I'm not entirely too depressed.. If we can't pull it out monday it's definitly a dissapointment but next year can be very good with our young guys like mcd, dz, hagelin, kreider, stepan, all getting more playoff experience moving on


Torts also shoulda been playing kreider a bit more for some offense, not more of this defensive ****...we need goals , hank can only stop so much
Its like we ALL agree on this.... I just don't understand Torts. I'm guessing he'd lose by 1-2 goals rather than take a risk.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:43 PM
  #59
MessierIsGod
Registered User
 
MessierIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyNYR View Post
Who would you rather have though?? Honestly, I think he is the most consitent goaltender in the league, and his passion to win is off the charts.
From a cap hit standpoint, if we can get a scorer for $5 mil and a decent goalie for $2 mil then yeah, I would rather not have him.

MessierIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:46 PM
  #60
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks
 
SlingshotVv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
So I guess we would then need Hank to get us a SO most games, right?

Because that looks like the only ****ing way we win right now. 114 minutes without a goal.
Unfortunately tonight, yes he would need to. Luckily for us, we have a goalie that can do it

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:46 PM
  #61
DarthSather99
Registered User
 
DarthSather99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie dude View Post
sens were the 4th best offense this year, but had a poor defense.. We can't generate any offense rhythm at all.. Torts has the lines all over the place.. I understand hags out 3 games messed up the entire flow (no pun intended) ; but I think more consistency would be good in this series...

Another point we really have to be honest about is how we were up 2-0 in the earlier games and we fell into this passive defensive shell and gave up goals , it's like we turned the switch off.... Can't do that with our team, when we're hot we're hot just need to keep the pressure..

Doesn't hurt most of our guys are young and rookies in the playoffs, I'm not entirely too depressed.. If we can't pull it out monday it's definitly a dissapointment but next year can be very good with our young guys like mcd, dz, hagelin, kreider, stepan, all getting more playoff experience moving on


Torts also shoulda been playing kreider a bit more for some offense, not more of this defensive ****...we need goals , hank can only stop so much
Regular season is over, Sens lost Alfredson and the playoffs have teams playing more responsible in the D.

Playoffs is two teams playing each other, which one will outplay the other one. So far Anderson is the best player in this series.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:47 PM
  #62
SomebodySaveKreider
Registered User
 
SomebodySaveKreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
Because the Senators are a massively consistent goal scoring machine. Knock it off, that argument holds no water.

Hank played well tonight. But he got outplayed. For this team to succeed we need him to outplay his counterpart. This team is built that way, Hank is payed that way, and the staff runs the bench that way.
Unrealistic expectations.

Dude can't post a shutout every night.

If we had more goal scoring and even a half decent power play this series would've probably been over in 4 or 5.

SomebodySaveKreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:48 PM
  #63
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks
 
SlingshotVv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomebodySaveKreider View Post
Unrealistic expectations.

Dude can't post a shutout every night.

If we had more goal scoring and even a half decent power play this series would've probably been over in 4 or 5.
Why would he need to do it every night? We haven't been shutout every game. Sens needed a shutout to win tonight and they got one.

You're using faulty logic to support a strawman argument. And you've quoted me but chose to ignore the substance of the 5or so posts i've made that explained the problem being anderson's ridiculous play and our top guys not able to get on the board

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:50 PM
  #64
DarthSather99
Registered User
 
DarthSather99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
Unfortunately tonight, yes he would need to. Luckily for us, we have a goalie that can do it
Not sure I agree with this even though it may appear I am down on Lundy. In the playoffs, you need YOUR goalie to be the best player in each series. On most occasions it will be the more consistent goalie over a long sample period (regular season).

It's nice to have scorers but defense wins championships in the playoffs.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:53 PM
  #65
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks
 
SlingshotVv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
Not sure I agree with this even though it may appear I am down on Lundy. In the playoffs, you need YOUR goalie to be the best player in each series. On most occasions it will be the more consistent goalie over a long sample period (regular season).

It's nice to have scorers but defense wins championships in the playoffs.
But Lundqvist WAS our best player tonight. He still got outplayed by Anderson though. Those two things are not mutually exclusive

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:54 PM
  #66
MDL8981
Registered User
 
MDL8981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 391
vCash: 500
Disagree that Anderson is outplaying Hank. Look at the quality of chances Hank is facing and compare that to Anderson. Anderson had the easiest 41 shot night you'll ever see tonight....he robbed Dubinsky on that one rebound shot, but other then every shot he faced was a piece of cake. Meanwhile, Hank stopped maybe 4-5 odd man rushes in that 2nd period. In Game 3, Ottawa had high quality chances all game and Hank was outstanding.

The only time in this series where Anderson was really good was the 3rd period of Game 4. Other then that, its been easy for him because we're making it easy on him.

MDL8981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:55 PM
  #67
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks
 
SlingshotVv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDL8981 View Post
Disagree that Anderson is outplaying Hank. Look at the quality of chances Hank is facing and compare that to Anderson. Anderson had the easiest 41 shot night you'll ever see tonight....he robbed Dubinsky on that one rebound shot, but other then every shot he faced was a piece of cake. Meanwhile, Hank stopped maybe 4-5 odd man rushes in that 2nd period. In Game 3, Ottawa had high quality chances all game and Hank was outstanding.

The only time in this series where Anderson was really good was the 3rd period of Game 4. Other then that, its been easy for him because we're making it easy on him.
Ok that's legit. We can agree to disagree then on Anderson's impact in this series

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:56 PM
  #68
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,359
vCash: 500
I've never seen a team win a playoff game scoring zero goals. Can't blame the goalie, and his near .950 save %, for the Rangers ineptitude in scoring, lack of quality chances, and face offs.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 09:59 PM
  #69
SlingshotVv
nerdy wrist-locks
 
SlingshotVv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
I've never seen a team win a playoff game scoring zero goals. Can't blame the goalie, and his near .950 save %, for the Rangers ineptitude in scoring, lack of quality chances, and face offs.
Agreed. But tonight the team that was going to win was going to have a goalie with a 1.00sv%. anderson got it done.

SlingshotVv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:01 PM
  #70
MDL8981
Registered User
 
MDL8981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
Ok that's legit. We can agree to disagree then on Anderson's impact in this series
Anderson's been solid. He's made the plays he's suppose to make...if you wanna credit him for that, I'm fine with that. He hasnt had to do anything extraordinary or outstanding. Put almost any other NHL goalie on Ottawa in this series, and they are doing the same things Anderson is doing right now. Almost all the Rangers SOG's are from bad angles, and from out deep with no traffic in front.

Meanwhile, Hank's had to stand on his head. Odd man rushes, breakaways, dealing with Ottawa players right in front of his crease and in his line of sight all game long. Shots from the slot. Shots from prime scoring positions.

If not for Hank, this series is over already. JMO. This is all on the Rangers lack of offense.

MDL8981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:06 PM
  #71
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 5,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
Agreed. But tonight the team that was going to win was going to have a goalie with a 1.00sv%. anderson got it done.
The team with the better and more numerous quality scoring chances won. They usually do.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:12 PM
  #72
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 12,543
vCash: 500
All that matters is that Henrik Lundqvist is one of the greatest goaltenders. When I watch other teams and see what they contend with, I realize how incredibly lucky the New York Rangers are.

Now, I just get p-i-ssed off because the Rangers skaters do not prove to be worthy of his greatness.
That is true. He has proven himself, the team has not proven themselves to him.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:52 PM
  #73
Riverdale
Registered User
 
Riverdale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 5,597
vCash: 500
I feel bad for Henrik, I never want to see him on another team, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted off this team. He busts his ass and these bums can't score a goal in what is it, over 100 mins?

Unreal.

The King sits behind court jesters.

Riverdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:52 PM
  #74
ck20
Registered User
 
ck20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NY
Posts: 1,132
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
He's the best and most important player on the team, therefore his standards are sky high. He did not meet those standards tonight.
You must be the undisputed most ignorant person in the world.

No wonder you put "blind" in your username..

ck20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:53 PM
  #75
DarthSather99
Registered User
 
DarthSather99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
But Lundqvist WAS our best player tonight. He still got outplayed by Anderson though. Those two things are not mutually exclusive
Your are changing my words. I said your Goalie has to be the best player in the SERIES, not just the best player on YOUR team.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.