HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who would you play against? VAN or COL

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2003, 08:33 PM
WFHACommish

vCash: 500
Who would you play against? VAN or COL

Hey Guys,

I know it's early, but i'm looking at the Standings right now. Despite all our hard work and playing so well, should this continue, we might still be looking at a tough 1st round with either VAN or COL. With COL, VAN, and EDM looking so strong, all three teams would finish 1,4 and 5th should this pace continue. One team is going to place 1st, and I don't think EDM is that team just yet, and the rest will have a huge first series matchup. All that hard work for nothing. We'd still be in the same position as we were, playing one of the league's elite teams in the first round. Would you face Bertuzzi and Naslund or Forsberg, Tanguay, Kariya, Selanne, Sakic, Hejduk (pick two and it still doesn't sound good)?

Both have questionable goaltending. Aebischer no playoff experience. Cloutier is still proving he belongs. We seem to always have bad luck against VAN. But do you want to face an Avalanche of all-stars?

I'm praying we finish 6th.
But if it so happens, who would you play in the playoffs?

Old
11-20-2003, 08:36 PM
Vyse64
N64

Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFHACommish
who would you play in the playoffs?
who else then the flames
Edmonton 1st seed vs Calgary 8th seed

Old
11-20-2003, 08:59 PM
Oi'll say!
Go Flames

Obviously the Nux, the Avs have as many all-star lines as the Nux have all star forwards.

Old
11-20-2003, 10:07 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
Obviously the Nux, the Avs have as many all-star lines as the Nux have all star forwards.
I feel the same way.. Vancouver might be playing better right now but I'll take my chance against Naslund, Bertuzzi and Morrisonn in comparison to Sakic, Forsberg, Kariya, Selanne, Tanguay, Hejduk etc.. Colorado just has too many amazing gamebreaks in their lineup. Neither teams' goaltender scares me all that much though..

Old
11-21-2003, 01:26 AM
Yanner39

I go for the Avs. We haven't beaten Vcr in a long time. Until we do so, I feel better playing the Avs.

Old
11-21-2003, 02:56 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Colorado... yeah they have a lot of superstars, but they keep getting hurt. After their big 6 there really isn't a lot in terms of forward depth there.

Old
11-21-2003, 06:06 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

vCash: 1072
colorado as well their injuries keep piling up and the oilers forwards could continue to punish them. of course we would have to watch fors***** flop around like a chicken with his head cut off whenever an oiler got close to him. until the oilers can beat vancouver i would rather not face them regardless of cloutiers goaltending.

Old
11-21-2003, 08:27 AM
Master Lok

Colorado. Last year, I made a prediction (not on these boards, just to my friends) that Detroit was a team that I felt the Oilers could physically outmuscle, hit into oblivion in a long playoff matchup. I feel the same way about Colorado this year. (very early to make such a playoff prediction tho. Konowolchuk might have made them a bit tougher).

Old
11-21-2003, 09:19 AM
Ol' Dirty Chinaman*

The Oilers will play either Vancouver, St. Louis, or LA ... Vancouver and St.Louis are going to lead their divisions this season, with Colorado/Detroit finishing 4th and 5th, that leaves 3 teams on the bubble that will make it in .. my predictions are Anaheim, Edmonton, and Nashville or Minny.

Old
11-21-2003, 09:43 AM
Oilers Hockey

^I hope Colorado and Detroit play in the first round, it'd be a great matchup, and at least we've been seeing some new faces in the final four.

All I want is the Oilers to make it past the first round and maybe go on a good run. Then I can die a happy man.

Closed Thread