HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Boyle has a concussion

Old
04-21-2012, 10:13 PM
theJUMPER

vCash: 500
If suspensions weren't so hyped and obsessed about this playoff season, i don't think he misses a game.

But I think he might miss game 6 just for "political" reasons.

Anyways, pretty laughable that that hit goes uncalled and Rupp got a charging for his.

theJUMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:13 PM
vstk

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
Thats just asking to be killed.
Sure, of course. But it was still a blindside hit.

vstk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingBlueSince92 View Post
Even if the hit is clean...Rangers need to go after Neil show we have some balls.
What is that going to do? Neil is not scared of tough play. If NY wants play dirty he will bring it as well the rest of the team.

I don't think NY can waste their time trying to pay back 1 guy for a hard hit. Pittsburgh did it and have almost lost their series.

Stylizer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:14 PM
park rangers
Optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
On TSN they actually broke it down pretty good.

The hit was not late. Neil hit him at the 10th frame in a 30 frame per second clip. Torres was at the 24th frame.

He did make contact with the head but in was in the process of a body to body check. His head was down

As for him leaving his feet, he did but he didn't jump. To make a body check with your shoulder you have to come off the ice somewhat so your skates don't dig in to the ice.

It looked like the Torres hit but is was not. Neil had a $1000 fine in 2003 for a check that was borderline. That's it.
Okay, I'll take your word for it. I only saw the replay right after it happened.

Neil is so much like Avery its not even funny, this is where we could have used him. Sen's grinders are really frustrating the Rangers and getting them off their game. That was Avery's whole purpose.

park rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
The fact that we are discussing the loss of our best player in the playoffs (Brian Boyle) and no one did anything about it really says something about this team. Torts has been terribly out coached in this series and even though it was a close game he could have sent Rupp out there to settle the score with Neil, but he did nothing like the rest of the team. This team fell apart at the end of the season and has one game to show up, let's see if torts does anything. Neil should be suspended as that hit looked very similar to Torres hit, but Boyle is a nobody so nothing will happen.
This is how you lose your composure especially when you are losing.

Old
04-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Ice Hockey

the talking heads on VS channel or whatever its called now are now condoning the hit. thought it was def a headshot of a predatory nature.

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:17 PM
park rangers
Optimist

Quote:
What is that going to do? Neil is not scared of tough play. If NY wants play dirty he will bring it as well the rest of the team.

I don't think NY can waste their time trying to pay back 1 guy for a hard hit. Pittsburgh did it and have almost lost their series.
Well as a Ranger fan it will show me that they are pissed and care about being physically dominated.

Other than that nothing, I'm just pissed about this right now as you could probably understand lol

park rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:18 PM
Janerixon

My problem with the hit was Neil didn't glide he charged, left his feet clearly, and aimed for Boyles head. It is similar to Torres hit and the "new NHL" you are not supposed to hit defenseless players in the head. It doesn't matter that his head was down you can't hit players in the head when they are prone, the Scott Stevens days are over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
Sen fan coming in peace. First off I hope Boyle is okay. Concussions this year have been ridiculous, and he's been your best player along with Lundquist. I also didn't mind what he did to Karlsson at all, its the playoffs and thats hockey.

But its a little delusional to think that was suspension worthy. Boyle crossed the middle of the ice with his head down..... Thats just asking to be killed. In fact, I would be pissed if one of our guys let up a chance to lay out your guy's best forward this series. Neil didn't take any strides, and I don't see where he left his feet? Maybe I'll watch the replay a couple more times. Also, everyone hates Neil, but he has either none, or one suspension in his whole career.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:19 PM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

Quote:
Okay, I'll take your word for it. I only saw the replay right after it happened.

Neil is so much like Avery its not even funny, this is where we could have used him. Sen's grinders are really frustrating the Rangers and getting them off their game. That was Avery's whole purpose.
Neil is nothing like Avery. Avery has no purpose in a game. Neil fights, hits, kills penalties, and brings energy when we need it and sticks up for everyone of his teammates.

Avery is not this.

Old
04-21-2012, 10:20 PM
Janerixon

What torts did instead really worked out well? Maybe rupp fights Neil and something sparks with a team that hasn't scored a goal in 5 periods. I fail to see your point.

Quote:
This is how you lose your composure especially when you are losing.

Old
04-21-2012, 10:21 PM
theJUMPER

Quote:
Neil is nothing like Avery. Avery has no purpose in a game. Neil fights, hits, kills penalties, and brings energy when we need it and sticks up for everyone of his teammates.

Avery is not this.
Does Neil have a favorite Real Housewife?

theJUMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:21 PM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

Quote:
Well as a Ranger fan it will show me that they are pissed and care about being physically dominated.

Other than that nothing, I'm just pissed about this right now as you could probably understand lol
I would be just as pissed if we lost. I just think people want to over react to the hit but really he just got him good.

Old
04-21-2012, 10:23 PM
GK
Not Jeeks

Hope Boyle is okay. Any fan that is happy about an injury in gutless and not a real fan.

Hope its nothing serious and he is back Monday. He has been huge for you guys.

GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
What torts did instead really worked out well? Maybe rupp fights Neil and something sparks with a team that hasn't scored a goal in 5 periods. I fail to see your point.
It's the players on the ice that need to respond right away. Not the next shift or 2. That only happens if you have team toughness.

Old
04-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 256
No one other than the Rangers fans think the hit is bad, it will not be reviewed.

Do Make Say Think is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJUMPER View Post
Does Neil have a favorite Real Housewife?
Her name is Boyle.

Old
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Its hard to imagine someone of boyle's size getting concussed.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:25 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:

Avery is not this.
Avery does (did) all of that, except for kill penalties -- Which Neil doesn't either.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
No one other than the Rangers fans think the hit is bad, it will not be reviewed.
It has been confirmed that it will be reviewed, by Darren Dreger, Billy Jaffe, among others

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Avery does (did) all of that, except for kill penalties -- Which Neil doesn't either.
What happened to him then?

Old
04-21-2012, 10:28 PM
Janerixon

And who would you want to respond to Neil that was on the ice when Boyle got concussed? Gaborik, staal, del zotto or Richards? Get real man! The senators played Carkner to go after Boyle and it worked. Torts only coaching ability is to change the lines. If he has del zotto skate through the center of the ice On the PP and leave a drop pass one more time for Richards I'm going to kill myself. Torts has to actually coach the team and use players in the role sather signed them for. Rupp should be making sure our opponents are not taking liberties with our team, they have been all series and Rupp and Bickel never get a chance at them.

Quote:
It's the players on the ice that need to respond right away. Not the next shift or 2. That only happens if you have team toughness.

Old
04-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Graves94

Quote:
It has been confirmed that it will be reviewed, by Darren Dreger, Billy Jaffe, among others
Of course it will be reviewed, there was an injury on the play.
Doubt he gets suspended though. The hit was clearly to the head of a defenseless player.

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:31 PM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

Quote:
Ask Eric Lindros what happens if you cut to the middle with your head down.

Old
04-21-2012, 10:34 PM
vstk

Quote:
Stop living in the past. That particular play is nowadays suspendable.

vstk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 10:35 PM
Graves94

Quote:
Yeah, only small difference was that Lindros was looking at his skate laces.

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote