HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Marc Staal Getting Back To Form (Staal Appreciation Thread)

Old
04-21-2012, 05:03 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteadyEddie View Post
Being that you are one of the biggest homers here, I find it funny you laugh.
Yeah, alright.

Quote:
He's horrible on covering the front of the net and clearing the crease. When he has the puck, charge him. He'll fumble it in his skates. If he gets it out in that situation, it's a wreckless flip up the boards. If you're skating towards him in the Rangers zone, he's going to skate backwards and then about the faceoff dot he's going to reach his stick out, so cut towards the middle at the top of the circle and he's stuck because he's committed himself already. He has zero offensive skills. Should have buried his chance at the end of the power play. Instead, Ottawa breaks down ice to score.

On ice for both Ottawa goals in game one, 2 of 3 in game two, and all 3 in game three.
The only thing I can conclude from what you're saying is that you either haven't been watching the games or you don't understand enough about hockey to properly evaluate a defenseman's play.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 05:04 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
I liked the Scott Stevens-esque hit on Spezza the other game.
Let's not get stark raving nutz dude.
There isn't anything at all about Staal's game that remotely resembles Scott Stevens on his worst day.
However, in his defense, he did have a very good game wednesday even though he ended up with a -2.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 05:14 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubinstache View Post
I expected him to need some time to get his conditioning back after missing so much of the season, so I wasn't surprised when he started off slow.

He looks much better now but I'm expecting much more from him next season after an offseason and some training camp.
I'd still trade Staal in a nano second for the right offensive player. Staal has maxed out his ability; he's not going to get any better than he is or was. If we don't get by Ottawa, don't be surprised to see major changes in the team's personnel going forward for next year.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 05:15 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Another Rocket Scientist at HF. Tell me RS, in your opinion, how is Stall a top 4 defenseman?
Before calling someone a rocket scientist you may want to learn how to spell the name of a defenseman that's been on the team for 5 seasons.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 06:02 PM
Fanned On It

Quote:
Being that you are one of the biggest homers here, I find it funny you laugh.

He's horrible on covering the front of the net and clearing the crease. When he has the puck, charge him. He'll fumble it in his skates. If he gets it out in that situation, it's a wreckless flip up the boards. If you're skating towards him in the Rangers zone, he's going to skate backwards and then about the faceoff dot he's going to reach his stick out, so cut towards the middle at the top of the circle and he's stuck because he's committed himself already. He has zero offensive skills. Should have buried his chance at the end of the power play. Instead, Ottawa breaks down ice to score.

On ice for both Ottawa goals in game one, 2 of 3 in game two, and all 3 in game three.
The fact that you're coming into our section of the forum to post and talk crap about someone on our team illustrates that someone is upset that their team sucks and can't even make the playoffs... boo-hoo.

Honestly though, I agree with a lot of what you said. He ISN'T doing that great covering the front of the net and clearing the crease (even though that one goal that went through his legs was kind of flukey) and he DOES seem to be having trouble with his stick skills in regards to clearing the zone. I have no idea what your point is with the poke-checking thing, because a lot of times poke-checking is the best defensive play you can make. Cut towards the middle at the top of the circle? What's keeping Staal from sticking with the guy if he does that? I don't see your point there.

I for one thought that Staalsy had a little bit more of an upside when it came to offense but I guess that was just my imagination. He needs to be shooting the puck more and being more decisive with it in general.

I think Staal is in the process of rounding back out to how he was before his concussion, but he aint there yet.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 06:43 PM
SnowblindNYR

Guys before this escalates I'm pretty sure he's a Rangers fan. Notice it says "KC Islanders".

Old
04-21-2012, 06:44 PM
theJUMPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Guys before this escalates I'm pretty sure he's a Rangers fan. Notice it says "KC Islanders".
This.

What Islander fan would advertise that they want their team to move to KC?

theJUMPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 06:46 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by theJUMPER View Post
This.

What Islander fan would advertise that they want their team to move to KC?
Maybe he lives in KC and wants to come to their games.

Old
04-21-2012, 06:52 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
lol ^

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 11:24 PM
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM