HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF Game 5 | 4-21-2012 | Devils @ Panthers | 6:30 PM EDT | TV: NHL-N, TSN, MSG+

Closed Thread

Old
04-21-2012, 10:06 PM
KW

vCash: 500
I'm beginning to wonder if after game 3 victory Dineen hasn't somehow started to target games 5 and 7 for full effort, and games 4 and 6 for "wear them out and if they suck, steal one" effort. I wonder if he isn't simply out coaching PDB, knowing that Pete will give his top guys top minutes, to the extreme. Obviously I have no proof, just my gut feel, but it's based on the thought that Dineen knows this team's limitations pretty well, and maybe he's decided that's the best chance for a series victory. It's truly a team effort.

On another note, I was so excited at the arena (I'm at the shoot twice end) when Kopecky broke in alone on the empty net, and got hooked by Kovalchuk -- and as is the correct call, the goal was allowed. I've never seen that live. It was awesome.

Old
04-21-2012, 10:24 PM
BlindRefs

Great game, no voice here either. Rats were great, but annoying when they were thrown just before the faceoff or just to annoy, plus throwing the towels and other crap was annoying. Was much better in the old days. Looking in the den of honor for first time in a while, saw the Torrey pins and remembered all the pins we used to get when you got to the arena those first years. The fan interaction is not like it used to be. Hard to explain, but not as welcoming or not like you're wanted. Just cattle being herded. But, I'd rather them spend the cash on winning than giving the fans stuff, funny on ice intermission games, the blimp dropping gifts, tons of tshirts getting shot to the top level from the ice, etc. Some of you that were around during the arena years know what I am talking about.

But, Great game, the fans were awesome, that part really reminded me of the old days. It was a Panther house. Hardly anyone for the visitors. Packed house, Loud, just great time.

Loved how Marty gave us the 2nd goal. Some good hits. I gotta say though, there were quite a few times we were wondering what the heck the players were doing. Many times they didn't want to just shoot the puck or turned it over. Annoying at times it happened more than it should have.

Lets keep it going.

Btw - if you look in the post game, we were behind Linsay for a bit, my son is the one with the tall tuque.

Old
04-21-2012, 10:27 PM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Awesome game to be at. Place was explosive after the second goal. Don't think the players heard the next whistle. One more!

Old
04-21-2012, 10:36 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindRefs View Post
Rats were great, but annoying when they were thrown just before the faceoff or just to annoy, plus throwing the towels and other crap was annoying.
Couple guys at the game saying that was a Devils fan doing it to try and draw a delay of game call on the Cats. He was shown the door toward the end for it.

Old
04-21-2012, 10:40 PM
Catsfan7

This was such a great game to be at. High five-ing complete and total strangers was great. Someone really needs to get these people to not throw rats in the middle of the game.

Old
04-21-2012, 10:48 PM
Jeff Shafer
Established: 1987

Send a message via MSN to Jeff Shafer
Just got home from the game, our entire defense collectively played well and scratchen looked more comfortable than Ellerby did in game 4.

Theodore played very well and looked much better than he did.

Crowd was rocking AG and I had a man huge after the win, All I ever wanted since I was a kid was to see this team win and they never did, I got Teary eyed on the 1 1/2 hr ride home as i explained to my girlfriend how this is like a dream come true!

Sticking with this team has provided a lot of disappointment throughout the years but this is making the run and success sooo much more worth it.

I don't take any of this for grante! Go cats!

Old
04-21-2012, 10:49 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

I wish I could have been at this game instead of last Friday's. I could have imagined that the atmosphere must have been absolutely epic. It sure sounded great on TV. This is just all so amazing. One win away from moving onto the second round. If someone told me they'd get this far in September, I never in my right mind would have believed it. I am so proud of this team. This is the first time since the '96 team that I see the team all as one like a family that sticks up for one another all chasing one goal.

Theodore was lights out and I can honestly say that I never thought the whole game that he'd let one past him the way he was going. I love the grittiness out of Guds. That kid is going to be an absolute monster and it's great to see how mature he is at such a young age. This was probably Upshall's best game that I've seen all season. That second goal was all him.

It's not going to get easier on Tuesday in Jersey. The Devils are going to probably try to throw their best at us and while Brodeur didn't have his best game tonight, I think he'll be like his old stellar self. I hope a lot of the analysts that are so-called "experts" watched this game tonight because they should be eating crow right about now Lose the series in 4 or 5 my ass.

Old
04-21-2012, 11:10 PM
Boooooth10

Took this after Theo was named #1 star of the game.

Imagine how many more rats there would be if people weren't throwing them after every goal.

Old
04-21-2012, 11:18 PM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

the more success we have one would thing the less hate we would receive on the mainboards. The exact opposite effect occurs. The more success we have the more haters appear.

Old
04-21-2012, 11:27 PM
BlindRefs

Still looks like only the first third of the 95-96 season end game ice. I remember black ice after goals, Like 3x the number of rats at least. Great memories of goalies hiding inside the net after a goal, like bears chased back into their caves, then the Orkin crew coming to get them. Again, more welcoming to the fans then. I tried to find one of Brodour, but only found this one:

Old
04-21-2012, 11:34 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Jovo all world today!??! Kuli looked sharp too, he's transforming into a Top 20 NHL Dman.

Kovalchuk starting to pack it in...injured or not.

Matthias that's why he's in the lineup. Nice to see Upshall get one.

Old
04-21-2012, 11:41 PM
Bleedred
Halak ends SO streak

Congrats guys. You guys deserved to win, and were the more desperate team. Can't say a bad word about you or your team.

Old
04-21-2012, 11:43 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatWoman34 View Post
I am going to have a hard time deciding who I want on a jersey - Weiss, Goc, or Guds.... or Markstrom...

LOVE HAVING TOUGH CHOICES!
Me too! I said to myself I would not buy another Panthers jersey until they made the playoffs. Now, who do I pick? Probably Markstrom...but Guds,Weiss and others are making a strong case.

Old
04-21-2012, 11:49 PM
Holy Jokinen

Gudbranson played a WORLD CLASS game. Love this kid. Really coming into his own.

Old
04-21-2012, 11:51 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Congrats guys. You guys deserved to win, and were the more desperate team. Can't say a bad word about you or your team.
Thanks ...very classy.

And if I see you at the arena I'm buying u a panther hat!

Old
04-21-2012, 11:58 PM
Bleedred
Halak ends SO streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
Thanks ...very classy.

And if I see you at the arena I'm buying u a panther hat!
I'll wear it when you guys play Tampa Bay maybe!

Old
04-22-2012, 12:06 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
No.. like I said so many times during the season. Kopecky is the perfect 3rd/4th line player you will love him there. Put him on the top 2 lines and you will hate him. That's how I felt about him during the season. Also Dineen's man crush for him is over thank god!
He will be the lst to tell u he's more comfy there.

Old
04-22-2012, 12:11 AM
Bleedred
Halak ends SO streak

I also wanted to say after all my Scott Clemmensen bashing can you believe me buddy who lives in Delray Beach it turns out is a friend of his, and knows him? He's a guy who bounces back between Jersey, and South Florida, and a Devils fan. He told me he's allegiance is with the Devils, but if I keep bashing the Clemmer he's gonna send him to haunt me!

This guy is really a good buddy of a good buddy of mine, but I've met up with him when the Devils play the Panthers in the regular season, and the playoff games now too! It really is a small world.

Old
04-22-2012, 12:16 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I also wanted to say after all my Scott Clemmensen bashing can you believe me buddy who lives in Delray Beach it turns out is a friend of his, and knows him? He's a guy who bounces back between Jersey, and South Florida, and a Devils fan. He told me he's allegiance is with the Devils, but if I keep bashing the Clemmer he's gonna send him to haunt me!

This guy is really a good buddy of a good buddy of mine, but I've met up with him when the Devils play the Panthers in the regular season, and the playoff games now too! It really is a small world.
Time to adopt us !

Old
04-22-2012, 12:16 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Van Murph's army!!

Old
04-22-2012, 12:22 AM
PanthersHockey1
Bond.

crowd announced on nhl.com 19,512. Over capacity.

Old
04-22-2012, 12:28 AM
Bleedred
Halak ends SO streak

Quote:
Time to adopt us !
The Clem will probably be gone next year though! A year with Jose left, and Markstrom has had quite a few NHL starts the last couple years right?

I'll tell you what if you guys win this series no bitterness. You have my blessing! I never hated or disliked the Panthers much, but I take a particular disliking of Tampa Bay, and Carolina!

I called the Clem a cancer the other day, and my friend says if I met him I would like him, and he's got an ego in hockey, but no ego in real life, and an average guy.

Old
04-22-2012, 12:35 AM
Bleedred
Halak ends SO streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 View Post
crowd announced on nhl.com 19,512. Over capacity.
I just moved to Florida in the St Pete area last Summer. I had vacationed there for years, but decided to get the hell out of Jersey, and finally pack it up, and move to Florida! I had been to games at the Forum, but my first time at Bank Atlantic Center was the Devils game in November. My friend in Delray said the arena was close to a sell out every game.

I'm thinking he's crazy, because I'm judging it based on the attendance of Marlins games when they play at the Mets at the old stadium. It literally looks like a private practice open to a limited amount of spectators! I was ignorant of it, and figured the Panthers didn't draw that much basing it on the Marlins factor. I figured baseball was more popular in Florida than hockey.

I was surprised though, but nice building, nice folk, and the Panthers fans take more kindly to Devils jerseys in their buildings than the Forum in TB. Not as many dirt looks wearing the opponents jerseys!

Very affordable tickets too. I know the cost of living is way lower than up north, but I find the good seats in the building to be a much better bargain.

Old
04-22-2012, 12:44 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

No love from Parise:

Captain Zach Parise said the shutout was more a result of the Devils' problems than Theodore's work:

"As far as [Theodore is] concerned, we didn't challenge him enough. He got real lucky on a lot of them. A lot. [Ilya Kovalchuk] going through his legs, it went wide. I got my stick on a couple that just trickled wide. We got a lot of those types, but we can make it tougher."

Old
04-22-2012, 12:47 AM
KittysGotClaws
We See Red

Quote:
No love from Parise:

Captain Zach Parise said the shutout was more a result of the Devils' problems than Theodore's work:

"As far as [Theodore is] concerned, we didn't challenge him enough. He got real lucky on a lot of them. A lot. [Ilya Kovalchuk] going through his legs, it went wide. I got my stick on a couple that just trickled wide. We got a lot of those types, but we can make it tougher."
He's going to have to get more okay with the leaping cat when we sign him this summer.

Closed Thread