HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs in GREAT position

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2006, 10:25 PM
Habs13

vCash: 500
Habs in GREAT position

Thanks to tonights win over the Rangers and Toronto's defeat of the pesky Tampa Bay Lightning squad, we now a point ahead of Tampa Bay into 7th! Furthermore, we play Tampa Bay next and still have a game in hand over them! So in theory, if we can pull off a victory over Tampa Bay we'll be 3 points ahead with a game still in hand!

Ohh and 6th place New Jersey also lost tonight so we're gaining ground on them too! We still have two games left to play against New Jersey in april (8th & 18th) so we could very well end the season in 6th place and avoid a first round match-up with the Senators or Hurricanes!

Last edited by Habs13: 03-11-2006 at 10:35 PM.
Old
03-11-2006, 10:27 PM
Firthbird

Send a message via MSN to Firthbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13
so we could very well end the season in 8th place and avoid a first round match-up with the Senators or Hurricanes!
You mean 6th place lol

Old
03-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Habs13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firthbird
You mean 6th place lol
Woops!! Yes, I mean 6th place hehe.

Old
03-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Namso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13
Woops!! Yes, I mean 6th place hehe.
so why don't u change it?

Old
03-11-2006, 10:35 PM
Habs13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namso
so why don't u change it?

Change what??

Old
03-11-2006, 10:38 PM
LesHabsRock

If the Habs finish 6th I like our chances to advance past the 1st round. Ottawa and Carolina, we'll leave up to New Jersey or Atlanta to upset them in the first round . If you ask me, Atlanta will finish 8th and Jersey will finish 7th. I like those first round match ups to have at least one upset. Also note how Philadelphia is not playing very well and I wouldn't exclude reaching 5th spot, however we would have to play Buffalo in the first round rather than the Rags. So, let's finish 6th place boys and stay there

Old
03-11-2006, 10:39 PM
moshedw

I would rather meet JAGR and the rangers over the sens, hurricanes, sabres or even the flyers in the first round

Old
03-11-2006, 10:41 PM
tinyzombies

I wouldn't write off the Rangers. As we saw tonight, Lundqvist is a monster. I think we can beat either Carolina or Ottawa if we get the breaks. We've played them to a standstill a couple times this year. As long as we keep improving our systems play, I think team should be worrying about US, not the other way around.

Old
03-11-2006, 10:43 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
I wouldn't write off the Rangers. As we saw tonight, Lundqvist is a monster. I think we can beat either Carolina or Ottawa if we get the breaks. We've played them to a standstill a couple times this year. As long as we keep improving our systems play, I think team should be worrying about US, not the other way around.
We just match up better against the Rags. 3-1 record this season. As for monsters, so is Huet.

Old
03-11-2006, 10:44 PM
larue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshedw
I would rather meet JAGR and the rangers over the sens, hurricanes, sabres or even the flyers in the first round
Not me I dont care who we meet....win or lose this team,,,,to me can beat anyone...you will see.....hehehe...

Old
03-11-2006, 10:47 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock
We just match up better against the Rags. 3-1 record this season. As for monsters, so is Huet.
I was living in NY up until a couple weeks ago and I know that we played them three times early in the season when we were "hot." But the Rangers were just finding their game too and learning their systems. New York is a much better team than anyone anticipated and can probably play a lot harder than they did tonight. They looked flat. Anyway, I still think we can play with anyone at this point, it's just a matter of getting the breaks and getting a bit more offense.

Old
03-11-2006, 11:06 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
I was living in NY up until a couple weeks ago and I know that we played them three times early in the season when we were "hot." But the Rangers were just finding their game too and learning their systems. New York is a much better team than anyone anticipated and can probably play a lot harder than they did tonight. They looked flat. Anyway, I still think we can play with anyone at this point, it's just a matter of getting the breaks and getting a bit more offense.
Rangers looked flat? Are you kidding me? Which game were you watching? The Rangers played a great game. Huet stoned them and likewise with Lundqvist on the Habs. Habs were simply a little better. And, yes the Habs played the Rangers earlier in the year when they (Habs) were hot, but so were the Rangers at the time. Now, the Habs play the Rangers while they're at their best and the Habs still beat them. Regardless, the Habs seem to have the Rags number.

Old
03-11-2006, 11:10 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock
Rangers looked flat? Are you kidding me? Which game were you watching? The Rangers played a great game. Huet stoned them and likewise with Lundqvist on the Habs. Habs were simply a little better. And, yes the Habs played the Rangers earlier in the year when they (Habs) were hot, but so were the Rangers at the time. Now, the Habs play the Rangers while they're at their best and the Habs still beat them. Regardless, the Habs seem to have the Rags number.
are you sure?...go read the game day thread in the rangers forum. I guess you were the guy watching a different game.

Old
03-11-2006, 11:20 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk
are you sure?...go read the game day thread in the rangers forum. I guess you were the guy watching a different game.
Sorry, I don't read the losing team's game thread to see others opinions on the game in order to form my analysis. Of course they're sour. Their team lost. The Rangers outshot us and had plenty of scoring chances including some doozies by Jagr and Rucinsky.

Old
03-12-2006, 10:04 AM
Dolphinwave

Buffalo

We'll have to watch for buffalo too. Currently, we have a chance of facing Ottawa, Buffalo, Carolina or The Rangers. I don't think we'll end up 8th, but most likely 6th or 7th.
Assuming this, we can probably take off Carolina of this list, since I think they'll finish first in the East.
Now, out of Buffalo, Ottawa and Rangers.

We've had a medium year against Buffalo, and Brière is back and Miller is really a great goalie. It'd be a tough serie, but the Sabres don't know much of Huet, and very little of Abby, so we could take advantage of that in the beginning of the serie.

For the rangers, it would make an awesome serie, with momentum turning around all the time. Lots of speed, not a lot of breaks. A serie with lots of energy, that would make us tired if we get to the second round.

Ottawa, please I don't want to meet them, well not in the first round anyway. Hasek should be back by then, and he's the hell of a goaltender and has tons of experience. Their offensive is just crazy,l but maybe with the way our defense has been playing recently, we could dream about stopping them, if Souray does not get decked by anyone once per game.(Imagine him getting decked by Hasek... )

We could beat any of the three teams, we've got the character and leadership to do so. Let's just see what happens next, hoping that Atlanta or the Devils finish of the Hurricanes so we don't meet them in round 2!

Old
03-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Tuggy

Screw 6th...I want 5th

Old
03-12-2006, 10:19 AM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Your mom is in great position aswell

Closed Thread