HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So, shall we begin? Armchair GM thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2012, 02:13 AM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso Blanca View Post
While I agree that they need more players that can score goals the were pushed around infront of the net. When players like Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk and Jackman can keep your top 6 forwards out of the crease consistently you know there is an issue.
Semin isn't some small guy that will get pushed around. He's not the perfect player because he isn't a physical player but he is a player with wheels, an actual sniper type of player, and knows how to play off of a play-maker like Thornton who generally is at his best offensively with a right-handed shooter on his line. He will probably be too rich for this team's blood but he'd be a good way to go for this team that is getting slower and slower by the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazyking View Post
I don't mind going young but obviously if you get rid of nemo and say have two guys up who make roughly half his salary, one of them has got to be vet or the team will be relying on unproven guys..

Trade Nemo for Emery... Start Stalock or Sateri
What's the difference between doing that in net and doing that at any other position? This is no different than what they did with Ehrhoff going to Demers. Giving the youth a chance to step up and run with the job. Besides that, the one position that you can go out and find a vet really quick if they falter is in net. There is always one available in free agency and always one that a team is willing to dump.

Old
04-22-2012, 02:13 AM
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfisthis View Post
Its not a "what have you done for me lately" mentality, it's a "move in a new direction" mentality. Now, Im not saying they should trade him just for the sake of getting rid of him, but if a deal is right, he absolutely needs to be moved. He should not have the untouchable status. The team needs to get faster to keep up with today's NHL and moving Pavelski might bring back some pieces that could actually improve the team. If not now, then definitely in the future.
I agree about moving in another direction, but I don't want to see him go. Yeah he had a terrible series, but other than Thornton, who had a decent series. I see Pavelski has kind of that experienced veteran you can possibly build a team around. When he's right, he can score goals and is pretty fast out there. If you're going to fully rebuild, don't you want a few veterans as a bit of a changing of the guard?

I still think too that the Sharks can win with a core of this group. Maybe not everyone, but you can't let everyone on the team either.

Old
04-22-2012, 02:15 AM
Lebanezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkfan95 View Post
I'd trade Demers over Braun. Braun skating ability is what the sharks need......Clowe+Demer for Duchene i would do
That offer should get Colorado's attention. Hopefully something can be worked out from there.

Old
04-22-2012, 02:17 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1004
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkfan95 View Post
I'd trade Demers over Braun. Braun skating ability is what the sharks need......Clowe+Demer for Duchene i would do
But Colorado wouldn't. They need a Vlasic-type LHD for EJ. (In reality, Vlasic is exactly what they need).

Demers has higher upside than Braun. I wouldn't trade him unless he was traded for a forward of equal or greater upside. For example, I think Clowe+Demers would be a good start on a package for JVR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanezer View Post
Dubi's cap hit is a bit high. Not sure I would want to go there since he has so many more years, but if they were willing to take Clowe and Murray and give us a pick or decent forward prospect back I might be ok with it. Maybe Dubi and Zuccarello.

I don't think that Paajarvi has much value right now, so I would low-ball Edmonton for him. Maybe the 55th pick in this year's draft.

I'm all for acquiring JVR.
Dubi's cap hit is high, that's true. But he's young and multi-dimensional and IMHO worth it. Rangers fans I talk too won't trade him unless it's for an upgrade, and they consider Clowe an upgrade. Rangers could also use a steady bottom-pairing defenseman, so I think they'd be willing to add.

I'd definitely low-ball for Passjarvi, but no way in hell the Oil accept a late second. He's progressing very slowly, but his potential alone is worth more than a late second.

Old
04-22-2012, 02:17 AM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
He's had one minor concussion, and he broke a foot. Hell, if anything that lowers his trade value and helps us. My point is that his upside and potential chemistry with Couture (because I think they'd be great) would be worth the risk.

I actually think Greiss can do it, providing one of the kids is ready. Greiss has played phenomenally considering how sparingly he was used and the fact that he's the type of goaltender that plays better once he gets into a rhythm. He's the last of the Strelow-trained, and that's something I value.
I really like Greiss and what we have in the system, but I'm not sure Greiss can sustain his long play over a long period of time.

Old
04-22-2012, 02:20 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

I'm really conflicted about trading Pavelski. On one hand he's insanely well-rounded and a good leader and I love me some Americans and I feel like if we ever win a Cup we'll need Joe Pavelski, but on the other hand he has tons of trade value and he isn't a great fit on this team.

Bottom line, trade him for an upgrade at RW for JT, or move him back down to #3C.

Old
04-22-2012, 02:22 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Would people here be against something around Pavelski for Kesler?

Old
04-22-2012, 02:22 AM
Lebanezer

Quote:
But Colorado wouldn't. They need a Vlasic-type LHD for EJ. (In reality, Vlasic is exactly what they need).

Demers has higher upside than Braun. I wouldn't trade him unless he was traded for a forward of equal or greater upside. For example, I think Clowe+Demers would be a good start on a package for JVR.
Hmmm, well maybe Colorado would like Clowe and our 1st from this year instead. Maybe with a dman prospect.

Quote:
Dubi's cap hit is high, that's true. But he's young and multi-dimensional and IMHO worth it. Rangers fans I talk too won't trade him unless it's for an upgrade, and they consider Clowe an upgrade. Rangers could also use a steady bottom-pairing defenseman, so I think they'd be willing to add.

I'd definitely low-ball for Passjarvi, but no way in hell the Oil accept a late second. He's progressing very slowly, but his potential alone is worth more than a late second.
I'd take Paajarvi but only if we already had a full top 6. I think it would be nice to have someone with speed like that on the 3rd line, and that would open up options for 3 scoring lines. In terms of a better offer, I mean, maybe the 2nd and a goalie prospect? I don't want to go nuts for that guy since he's developing so slowly.

Old
04-22-2012, 02:25 AM
Lebanezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
Not me. Kesler was awesome in the Olympics. Plus I think he would get his mojo back playing behind a tough #1 center like Jumbo.

Old
04-22-2012, 02:26 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Dubinsky would fit in well and is the type of player the Sharks should target if they move Clowe. Dubi has good size and wheels and plays a hard game. I've always liked him plus he's American.

Old
04-22-2012, 02:26 AM
heartsabres*

Pominville for Couture

Old
04-22-2012, 02:27 AM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartsabres View Post
Pominville for Couture

Old
04-22-2012, 02:27 AM
Mafoofoo

Quote:
Pominville for Couture
No way. That's horrible. Now Clowe for Pominville....

Old
04-22-2012, 02:28 AM
Rickety Cricket

Old
04-22-2012, 02:29 AM
heartsabres*

Quote:
No way. That's horrible. Now Clowe for Pominville....
is't that just as bad the other way?

Vanek + Roy for Pavelski + Clowe

Old
04-22-2012, 02:30 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
I would because I hate him (and you know this )

Quote:
Hmmm, well maybe Colorado would like Clowe and our 1st from this year instead. Maybe with a dman prospect.

I'd take Paajarvi but only if we already had a full top 6. I think it would be nice to have someone with speed like that on the 3rd line, and that would open up options for 3 scoring lines. In terms of a better offer, I mean, maybe the 2nd and a goalie prospect? I don't want to go nuts for that guy since he's developing so slowly.
If that prospect is William Wrenn, I think maybe they'd think about it, but I'd rather it be Doherty or Petrecki. Still, Duchene is not the kind of talent you sell-low on.

I agree with out about MPS though. I think he could start the year as a #7, and then hopefully earn his way into the top-6 like Couture did.

Quote:
Pominville for Couture
I shall respectfully decline. Something around Pavelski and Pominville?

Old
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:

MPS has all the tools but no toolbox. His shot isn't very good and he's still afraid of the hard areas on the ice. He's interesting because of his physical gifts but the fact he can't crack the Oilers is concerning.

Old
Le Rosbeef

Personally, I think the core forwards we keep are Thornton, Pavelski, Couture and Havlat, although I would trade Couture (sorry) if it allowed us to pick up Rick Nash.

Marleau is a connundrum. His NTC makes him hard work and his value around the league will be depressed again because of his disappearance this postseason. I would definitely consider moving him but I doubt he wants to go anywhere...

Clowe when on his game is integral. But if we can add Nash, I think he becomes the odd man out and has some reasonable trade value.

Defensively, honestly? I'd move Dan Boyle. I think his best days are behind him. Keep Burns, Vlasic, Braun and the rest, I'm not fussed.

Niemi will stay because of his contract length but I agree, the goalie spot needs to see an open competition. If Schneider can take away a spot from an allstar goalie like Luongo and his 400 year contract, the spot should be open in SJ.

As for McClellan... I'm not convinced.

Wilson needs to stay and oversee it though. But the changes need to be significant.

Old
04-22-2012, 02:33 AM
StalockSuperfan

Here's what I would do:

Re-sign: RFAs, Winnik, Winchester
Let go of: Moore, Mitchell, White, Vandermeer
Buy out Handzus

Sign Semin, Stuart and David Jones

Trade:
Pavelski for Marcus Johansson and WSH 1st (Saw this in the Sharks Firesale thread. Looked intriguing)
Clowe for Tyler Kennedy and Beau Bennett (Probably needs to be tweaked a bit)
Murray to NYI for 2nd and Anders Lee
Niemi to someone for 2nd/decent F prospect

Couture - Thornton - Semin
Jones - Marleau - Havlat
Galiardi - Johansson - Kennedy
Winnik - Desjardins - Wingels
(Winchester, Ferriero)

Vlasic - Burns
Stuart - Boyle
Demers - Braun
(FA #7)

2 of Stalock/Sateri/Griess

Added to the pipeline (most important to me):
Beau Bennet
Anders Lee
Sebastian Colberg (our 1st)
another F prospect (WSH 1st)
2 2nds

Old
04-22-2012, 02:36 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by StalockSuperfan View Post
Here's what I would do:

Buy out Handzus

Trade:
Pavelski for Marcus Johansson and WSH 1st (Saw this in the Sharks Firesale thread. Looked intriguing)

Jones - Marleau - Havlat
(Winchester, Ferriero)

Vlasic - Burns
Stuart - Boyle
Demers - Braun
(FA #7)

Beau Bennet
Anders Lee
2 2nds

Swap Jones and Couture though. Jones needs a playmaker like JT or Stastny, and Couture would fit great on Marleau/Havlat's wing.

Old
04-22-2012, 02:37 AM
Mafoofoo

Quote:
I would because I hate him (and you know this )
Which is why I'll keep proposing it.

Old
04-22-2012, 02:37 AM
Le Rosbeef

Quote:
Originally Posted by StalockSuperfan View Post
Here's what I would do:

Buy out Handzus

Trade:

Jones - Marleau - Havlat
(Winchester, Ferriero)

Vlasic - Burns
Stuart - Boyle
Demers - Braun
(FA #7)

Beau Bennet
Anders Lee
2 2nds
If there's a softer player that's streakier an less involved in a game in the NHL than Patrick Marleau, it's that guy. No thank you!

Old
04-22-2012, 02:38 AM
dynamoovechkin

Fire Doug Wilson. Hate to say it, but this team needed a shake up and he came up with Galiardi and Winnik?

It's time for a new direction. I am sick and tired of us being the poster boys for playoff underachievement.

Need a new goaler too. Niemi is not the answer.

Old
04-22-2012, 02:38 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Which is why I'll keep proposing it.

Yes, it's that time of night when all the gifs come out.

Old
04-22-2012, 02:40 AM
Mafoofoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Rosbeef View Post
If there's a softer player that's streakier an less involved in a game in the NHL than Patrick Marleau, it's that guy. No thank you!
Semin would be a great player in teal. While Patty was running around playing gritty and physical, Semin has 3 goals in 4 games.

Also not counting that ridiculously strange playoffs against Montreal he has 31 points in 35 games in the playoffs. Dude's money in the post season. Just ask Rangers fans how they felt about him in the playoffs.

Closed Thread