HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

what changes needed?

Old
04-22-2012, 03:58 AM
achdumeingute

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Meszaros is gone before Coburn.
And rightly so.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 04:51 AM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
If pronger is really done, we need a #1 defenseman. There's no way around that. Kimmo is already breaking down, and it won't get any better. The flyers can't afford not to take their absolute best run at suter/weber and make an effort to get the best blueliner possible with our pick. I also wouldn't mind getting a veteran 4th line center that can take over the Role next year and we can move briere to the wing and make coots the 3rd line center. A guy like pahlsson, perhaps. I'd also trade bob for whatever we can get for him, and sign a veteran backup like hedberg.

I'm thinking
Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Jvr-Schenn-Briere
Simmonds-Couturier-Read
Talbot-Pahlsson-Wellwood/Sestito

Suter-Coburn
Timonen-Grossmann
Meszaros-Bourdon

Bryz
Hedberg (or a similar veteran backup)

Obviously this would all mean that Jagr wouldn't be resigned, unless he were willing to take a massive pay cut. I'm talking like in the 900k ballpark pay cut. Which I doubt happens. But you never know.

In which case maybe you'd do
Hartnell-Giroux-Jagr
Jvr-Schenn-Briere
Simmonds-Couturier-Voracek
Talbot-Pahlsson-Read
Wellwood/Sestito

Gaustad. You might as well make sure size and toughness is in the mix. I don't ever wanna see us pushed around by the Penguins again.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 07:46 AM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
Not much.

If the hockey gods hadn't snatched Pronger and Mez from the team, they would all be hanging out of Hartsy's place eating grill cheese sandwiches waiting their next opponent.
I hope there's no overhaul this summer, no matter if we beat the Pens or not. I want some consistency with the team, and the philosophy with how to build a team. If we can fit Jagr and Voracek under the cap while restocking the defense, I'd love to see the same forward group as the one we saw in game 5. Not sure how realistic that is, guess we'll have to wait and see what the cap will be for next season (if there even is one...)

Carle and Kubina needs to be replaced. One of those should be spots should be able to be taken by Bourdon or some other Phantom defender. Hopefully the other one is replaced by Suter, other than that there's no ufa dman that really does it for me. I think Carle and Wideman will get more money than they deserve... maybe Oduya, even if he's not playing that great for Chicago right now. He shouldn't be too expensive at least, and can eat some minutes if needed.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:47 AM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
I hope there's no overhaul this summer, no matter if we beat the Pens or not. I want some consistency with the team, and the philosophy with how to build a team. If we can fit Jagr and Voracek under the cap while restocking the defense, I'd love to see the same forward group as the one we saw in game 5. Not sure how realistic that is, guess we'll have to wait and see what the cap will be for next season (if there even is one...)

Carle and Kubina needs to be replaced. One of those should be spots should be able to be taken by Bourdon or some other Phantom defender. Hopefully the other one is replaced by Suter, other than that there's no ufa dman that really does it for me. I think Carle and Wideman will get more money than they deserve... maybe Oduya, even if he's not playing that great for Chicago right now. He shouldn't be too expensive at least, and can eat some minutes if needed.
If Suter signs in Nashville before July 1st, I'd like us to set our eyes at Jason Garrison. He'd help stabilizing this D and would help out the PP a lot with his shot. But even if we would get him, we need to add another puck mover, because Garrison isn't one and Timonen is clearly not what he used to be.

I think we would be better off using Timonen in a third pairing role where he gets a lot of special teams time but limited even strength.

Coburn - Grossmann
Carle/Suter/Garrison - Meszaros
Lilja/Bourdon/Gustaffson - Timonen

Doesn't look too bad.
I could see us moving Meszaros and go with Carle - Garrison which would probably make a very good pairing. Not sure about the cap, though.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 09:10 AM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
If Suter signs in Nashville before July 1st, I'd like us to set our eyes at Jason Garrison. He'd help stabilizing this D and would help out the PP a lot with his shot. But even if we would get him, we need to add another puck mover, because Garrison isn't one and Timonen is clearly not what he used to be.

I think we would be better off using Timonen in a third pairing role where he gets a lot of special teams time but limited even strength.

Coburn - Grossmann
Carle/Suter/Garrison - Meszaros
Lilja/Bourdon/Gustaffson - Timonen

Doesn't look too bad.
I could see us moving Meszaros and go with Carle - Garrison which would probably make a very good pairing. Not sure about the cap, though.
I'm not so sure I'd like the Flyers to go after Garrison. He's having a great season for Florida, but it's really his only good season in the NHL, and he is 28 years old. It could be that he is a late bloomer and that he'll continue like this for the next 4-5 years, but I'm a little afraid that he is a one-year wonder.

Old
04-22-2012, 09:19 AM
RoDu

Quote:
I'm not so sure I'd like the Flyers to go after Garrison. He's having a great season for Florida, but it's really his only good season in the NHL, and he is 28 years old. It could be that he is a late bloomer and that he'll continue like this for the next 4-5 years, but I'm a little afraid that he is a one-year wonder.
Nolan Baumgartner 2.0?

Can someone provide a list of UFA's available?

RoDu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 09:29 AM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoDu View Post
Nolan Baumgartner 2.0?

Can someone provide a list of UFA's available?
Only defenders

Old
04-22-2012, 10:17 AM
toughfighter83*

im thinking if the flyers dont get sutter or webber, they will probably get someone that's like grossman and can shoot the puck, im sure they will find someone, i can see them trading for a d men,
actually the players i would go after in fa are garrison, brad Stuart, chris campoli, dennis wideman,

they are alot of bad teams with good defensemen for trade if available, i would go after tyler myers from buffalo, erik johnson from colorado, victor hedman from tampa( i know it's a long shot but we always pry away defensemen from tampa, give them a first and jvr and coburn or maybe mez) and maybe cody franson from toronto.

toughfighter83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:18 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
I think Carle and Wideman will get more money than they deserve... maybe Oduya, even if he's not playing that great for Chicago right now. He shouldn't be too expensive at least, and can eat some minutes if needed.
Carle is going to be signed by Detroit..mark it down. They got millions to spend and Carle is a perfect fit there so the Flyers will have to find a solid replacement. I'm not the biggest Carle fan but he's not mince meat either. He logs a lot of minutes...his only problem beyond his weak shot and costly turnovers at times...is he will command just too much money.

As far as what the Flyers need to do....they have to just play 60 mins of intense hockey and the D and goaltending need to win us a game! However, the forwards need to score 5 on 5 and not wait for their PP.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:41 AM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Carle is going to be signed by Detroit..mark it down. They got millions to spend and Carle is a perfect fit there so the Flyers will have to find a solid replacement. I'm not the biggest Carle fan but he's not mince meat either. He logs a lot of minutes...his only problem beyond his weak shot and costly turnovers at times...is he will command just too much money.

As far as what the Flyers need to do....they have to just play 60 mins of intense hockey and the D and goaltending need to win us a game! However, the forwards need to score 5 on 5 and not wait for their PP.
Even though I put down Suter in every possible future Flyers lineup I can think of, I would say that if he's not re-signing with Nashville he's gonna sign with Detroit. Then next year Weber will follow. ********.

Old
04-22-2012, 11:15 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Gaustad. You might as well make sure size and toughness is in the mix. I don't ever wanna see us pushed around by the Penguins again.
Good point. Gaustad would be a very smart addition. And he can win faceoffs. Probably not as good as Pahlsson and probably not quite as sound defensively, but goose brings a bit of an intimidation factor that Pahlsson does not.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote