HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cammy asked if he could keep his Habs game jersey as a souvenir (Molson returns it)

Old
04-22-2012, 09:18 AM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habbadasher View Post
I have defended PG, too much in retrospect, but this is undefendable.
This

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 09:31 AM
onice

I know Molson did the right thing but twerps like Cammalleri rub me the wrong way. I really didn't like the BS he pulled.

I really have to hand it to Molson he's a bigger man than I am. If I was in his shoes I would have told Cammalleri to go stuff it.

But it's funny how Dramalleri got what he wanted. Again he goes to the press. If he really wanted it so bad why didn't he just ask Molson privately to buy the sweater? Why did he have to go public?

Because that's Cammalleri. Once an A-hole always an A-hole. Funny how the biggest twerp in all this comes out smelling like roses.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:22 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
I know Molson did the right thing but twerps like Cammalleri rub me the wrong way. I really didn't like the BS he pulled.

I really have to hand it to Molson he's a bigger man than I am. If I was in his shoes I would have told Cammalleri to go stuff it.

But it's funny how Dramalleri got what he wanted. Again he goes to the press. If he really wanted it so bad why didn't he just ask Molson privately to buy the sweater? Why did he have to go public?

Because that's Cammalleri. Once an A-hole always an A-hole. Funny how the biggest twerp in all this comes out smelling like roses.

So you like mindless robots who tow the company line, eh? I like guys like Cammy because they speak their mind.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:40 AM
habfaninvictoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
So you like mindless robots who tow the company line, eh? I like guys like Cammy because they speak their mind.
Speaking your mind is a good thing, in the right forum. No one in charge likes to be publicly challenged. When you do it, it never ends well. For whatever reason, Cammy aired his dirty laundry for all to see. He probably tried to do in private and was turned back... who knows.

PG, clearly was not a great leader and unfortunately Cammy and ultimately the team is paying the price for this. Even had Molson sided with Cammy at the time and fired PG instead of trading Cammy, his future as hab was sealed. Molson could not have kept someone around who publicly challenged management and won. The inmates do not run the asylum.

Molson made a great move by giving him the sweater. This should never have been a story, but PG really did make a mess of things here.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 11:59 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
Speaking your mind is a good thing, in the right forum. No one in charge likes to be publicly challenged. When you do it, it never ends well. For whatever reason, Cammy aired his dirty laundry for all to see. He probably tried to do in private and was turned back... who knows.

PG, clearly was not a great leader and unfortunately Cammy and ultimately the team is paying the price for this. Even had Molson sided with Cammy at the time and fired PG instead of trading Cammy, his future as hab was sealed. Molson could not have kept someone around who publicly challenged management and won. The inmates do not run the asylum.

Molson made a great move by giving him the sweater. This should never have been a story, but PG really did make a mess of things here.
Cammy challenged inept management. Habs were a complete JOKE around the league. Gauthier has a horrible reputation.

And look what happened...the guy got fired and we then hear stories of how big of a ****** he actually was. He's an incompetent fool and Cam called him out on that.

You can go fight for 8th with a bunch of choir boys. I want guys who show up in the playoffs and can carry the team.

Old
04-22-2012, 02:20 PM
habfaninvictoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Cammy challenged inept management. Habs were a complete JOKE around the league. Gauthier has a horrible reputation.

And look what happened...the guy got fired and we then hear stories of how big of a ****** he actually was. He's an incompetent fool and Cam called him out on that.

You can go fight for 8th with a bunch of choir boys. I want guys who show up in the playoffs and can carry the team.
You completely missed my point. It's not whether Cammy was right or wrong. It's too bad he had to beak off in the media. Maybe if Cammy wasn't completely ******** the bed with his own play he would have had a right... It's very hard to take someone seriously who is so badly under-performing. He looked lost and floating most nights, if he were the true leader and winner he purports himself to be then he would have led by example. If lets say... Cole ... had said similar things he'd get more respect... I still think he'd be asking for trouble... but at least he's speaking from a position of strength. By all accounts Cammy was not being a team player and was openly defying the coach. Whether he may be right or not, he's still wrong from a team perspective. Win together, lose together. If you want to be part of the solution, lead by example on the ice, words never won a hockey game.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 02:25 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:

pretty much this is how i feel about the event.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 02:34 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:

This.

Just because Gauthier should of showed more class doesn't excuse Cammalleri's behaviour. If the jersey actually meant something to Cammy he would of just paid for it.

Molson did the right thing, which was doing what needed to be done to put this issue to rest.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 02:48 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
You completely missed my point. It's not whether Cammy was right or wrong. It's too bad he had to beak off in the media. Maybe if Cammy wasn't completely ******** the bed with his own play he would have had a right... It's very hard to take someone seriously who is so badly under-performing. He looked lost and floating most nights, if he were the true leader and winner he purports himself to be then he would have led by example. If lets say... Cole ... had said similar things he'd get more respect... I still think he'd be asking for trouble... but at least he's speaking from a position of strength. By all accounts Cammy was not being a team player and was openly defying the coach. Whether he may be right or not, he's still wrong from a team perspective. Win together, lose together. If you want to be part of the solution, lead by example on the ice, words never won a hockey game.
I'm not missing the point. I don't see an issue with anything he said... He blamed everyone as well as himself. Again, I don't see the issue here.

The team was dead last in the league. He was obviously frustrated and I likedhis response instead of the same old tow the line "We have to get better" lines we hear from our "leaders".

I have learned one thing. If you are not a choir boy, Habs fans and management will dislike you and want you gone.

AK
Sergei
Ribeiro
Cammy
Price
Subban

I can respect the opinion that Cam should have handled things differently. I personally just don't have an issue with what he said. And I'm sick of people questioning his effort...that too is exaggerated.

Old
04-22-2012, 07:56 PM
Teufelsdreck

Of course you send it to him. It would be unbelievably petty not to. I didn't care for teh way he played this past season but so what!

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:21 AM
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:

Do you really think Cammy cared that much for that jersey. If he did, he would have bought it. He said what he said to show how classless PG was. Not letting the guy finish a game was classless and humiliating enough and then this. If you fans here, of all people, now condemn Cammy for taking a shot at PG, then you are big hypocrites.

Molson did the right thing. If he did what you would have done, then he'd simply perpetuated the classlessness started by PG.

Ironic that you call him Dramalleri given that fans and the media created the drama in the first place.

Last edited by Poulet Kostopoulos: 04-23-2012 at 03:33 AM.
Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote