HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

**OFFICIAL** GDT 3/11 - Kings @ Blues

Closed Thread

Old
03-11-2006, 11:55 PM
Tadite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
Just out of curiosity Tadite.....how many 11th ranked teams have won the Stanley Cup??????

Thats right....NONE!

Did you actually look that up or did you make that up?

Old
03-11-2006, 11:56 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadite
Did you actually look that up or did you make that up?
I did look it up....You can check it if you want.

Old
03-11-2006, 11:58 PM
Tadite

Quote:
I did look it up....You can check it if you want.

So if we don't make the Cup we had a crappy season.?

Man you would be happer if you did like the team to lose.

Old
03-12-2006, 12:02 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:

Every season I want the Kings to win the Stanley Cup. If they do not then the goal was not achieved. So if they don't win the Cup I wouldn't say they had a "crappy" season but I wouldn't call it successful either.

People who don't "expect" great things from this team are why the King's are the epitome of medicrity. You have to demand greatness or you will get the same old sh** every time.

Old
03-12-2006, 12:13 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
yet, you want them to lose...how odd...
I want AM gone. IMO, the Kings will never be an elite team until this happens.

If missing the playoffs is the only way AM will be fired, so be it.

Old
03-12-2006, 12:21 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Every season I want the Kings to win the Stanley Cup. If they do not then the goal was not achieved. So if they don't win the Cup I wouldn't say they had a "crappy" season but I wouldn't call it successful either.

People who don't "expect" great things from this team are why the King's are the epitome of medicrity. You have to demand greatness or you will get the same old sh** every time.

Old
03-12-2006, 12:23 AM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Honestly.. even if we finish 8th I'll be happy. Playoff hockey is such a treat. Its seriously the best thing in sports. Not just the Finals.. But the whole playoffs is awesome.

You can tell that these guys really care. There is so much intensity, and thats what makes it great. Playoff hockey from start to finish is exciting.. Unlike the MLB, NBA, and NFL.. Usually just the second half of a football game is entertaining, or the 8th & 9th innings, or the 4th Quarter of a basketball game.. But in the NHL Playoffs from start to finish you're on the edge of your seat.

I guess where I'm going with this is.. I'm not gonna be 'unsatisfied' with the season if they get an early first round exit. I'll be pissed off.. But if they work hard (which they will), and go 100% on every second, of every shift.. what more could you ask for?

Now.. I would be 'unsatisfied' if they missed the playoffs..

Still dont know where I'm going with this..

Old
03-12-2006, 12:27 AM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Go

I know what you mean. The playoffs wouldn't be that fun without our team in it, and the playoffs aren't. That's part of the appeal of the Stanley Cup playoffs, is that the fans get into it more than in every other sport. I fully agree with you.
________
vaporizer reviews

Last edited by Live in the Now: 02-06-2011 at 08:57 AM.
Old
03-12-2006, 12:28 AM
Mindcircus

A win is a win...

Garon played great tonight. His save off the deflection was fantastic.

Old
03-12-2006, 12:33 AM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingofCrunk
I know what you mean. The playoffs wouldn't be that fun without our team in it, and the playoffs aren't. That's part of the appeal of the Stanley Cup playoffs, is that the fans get into it more than in every other sport. I fully agree with you.
Yeah, and the thing is with the NHL playoffs every team has a chance from slot 1 to slot 8.

If the playoffs started today Detroit would face Edmonton in the 1st round.. Are you kidding?

Edit: Seeding isn't everything. (as I already said.) Everyone criticizes AM for "not getting us higher than 7th place." Well... We beat Detroit.. and took Colorado to Game 7 twice.. Two of the best teams in the league at that time. If I can remember correctly Smolinski had a chance before the end of a period to I think take the lead.. And also I think Glen Murray hit the post.

Do you realize that if either one of those go in it changes the game around, and we could win Game 7? That would mean we'd knock out seeds #1, and #2.. And PROBABLY be Cup Bound. I honestly believe that when we had Palffy-Allison-Deadmarsh we were Champioship Caliber. We were just a good Felix Potvin performance away from going to the finals.

Old
03-12-2006, 01:09 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:

Considering the Organization considers this team to be the most talented one ever, if we don't make it to the Stanley Cup, then what does that say?
And why would anyone want the team to lose?

Old
03-12-2006, 01:14 AM
swinginutter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22
I want AM gone. IMO, the Kings will never be an elite team until this happens.

If missing the playoffs is the only way AM will be fired, so be it.
Ditto that!

Don't know if anybody here mentioned when Bob Miller announced his producers and statisticians (tadite can help with this spelling). He wasn't sure if they were sleeping.
Horrid game tonight. Love the points as we need every one of em'. But this game was torture to watch. Squeezing lemons with this club and it's not just the vets that can't stand this guy. We sit back far too much. I'm sure he had the roster sheet before us, and with Lalime playing his first game since....who knows when. Lalime only faced ten shots after two periods.
We get too post season, it will be over before we can even blink. Even with Demitra and Fro hurt, we lack any kind of creativity. To me it has everything to do with dictating how the players play. Guy is a moron.

Old
03-12-2006, 01:55 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Well I just checked the Kings remaining schedule and only 3 of the remaining 17 games are against teams with losing records.
Right. That's what's concerning. The Kings happened to get most of their easy games bunched up recently, and they did very well, winning all of them, but it's still hard to get too pleased with that when it also means that the harder games are bunched towards the end of the season. It's like being excited about the calm before the storm.

Old
03-12-2006, 02:00 AM
boredmale

Nice to see Parrish get a goal for you guys, although i don't know why they put him on the Penalty Shot, he has never been good at those. If they had a stand infront of the net and tip a shot from the point contest he would be the first guy i would put in it though.

Hopefully Sopel can come back to form(how he played a couple years ago) and the Kings can make the playoffs, so i ahve somebody to route for if the Islanders don't make it.

Old
03-12-2006, 02:07 AM
Riposte!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale
Nice to see Parrish get a goal for you guys, although i don't know why they put him on the Penalty Shot, he has never been good at those.
I'm sure it was more of a political, fan-appeasement "I wanna see our new trade acquisition!" move more than anything.

Old
03-12-2006, 02:14 AM
nikolai19

When Norstrom, Sopel, Frolov, and Demitra come back, I really wish that AM would sit Weaver, Armstrong, and Robitalle. The hard part will be sitting Dempsey who was been impressive lately. Armstrong and Robitalle do not deserve to be playing in lieu of Dustin Brown and even Guiliano at the end of a tie 1-1 game on the road. It was painfully obvious that Robitalle, Armstrong, Conroy, and Roenick were completely gassed because AM kept only 2 lines going towards the end of the 3rd period.

A win is a win, but there are many a things that this team needs work on. Powerplay, possession into the offensive zone, defensive coverage in our own zone and clearing pucks out of the defensive zone. It doesn't get any easier from here on out, and Anaheim and San Jose are just not losing anymore.

Old
03-12-2006, 02:23 AM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
well look at those posts here actually wanting the kings to lose...thats just insane man! come on! last I checked those aren't post by fans...and if they are fans and want them to lose, then they must love S&M cause they like to hurt themselves watching this team lose...and wanting them to lose.
That's when you argue with them if you disagree with their attitude. Recently, there's been less arguing and more substanceless potshots at posters. That's what I meant.

Old
03-12-2006, 03:54 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceoffsRLikeWins4Us
Honestly.. even if we finish 8th I'll be happy. Playoff hockey is such a treat. Its seriously the best thing in sports. Not just the Finals.. But the whole playoffs is awesome.

You can tell that these guys really care. There is so much intensity, and thats what makes it great. Playoff hockey from start to finish is exciting.. Unlike the MLB, NBA, and NFL.. Usually just the second half of a football game is entertaining, or the 8th & 9th innings, or the 4th Quarter of a basketball game.. But in the NHL Playoffs from start to finish you're on the edge of your seat.
The playoffs are so fing exciting to watch and immerse yourself in; the only bad thing is if you are a ref (roller or ice, doesn't matter), it is quite a different experience. Some of the leagues those players are so bad yet they think they are Gretzky and winning the cup for their family. After reffing for nearly 5 years, I'm so glad I won't ever go back to those stripes...

In reference to the game, this was a hard one to watch tonight. I'm all smiles for those two BIG points, but oh man gawd please fire Andy Murray and the freakin' special teams guy. NOW!

It's nice to know that I wasn't the only one saying, "crap where's Brown been this entire third?" At least Murray didn't play Guilano more than him. I really don't know what some of you see in Guilano...

Honestly, I really do think Garon has had a good season. When we've lost and/or Garon has gotten lit up, I really do believe that most of the time it's been the D's fault, not Garon's. They've left him out to dry some plays and of course that'll happen from time to time, but he has really held his own; especially in the small amount of shootouts and penalty shots against us. I feel pretty confident with him in net for us. It's just who's coaching on the bench and running the special teams that's another matter in itself...

Last edited by savemefromtears: 03-12-2006 at 04:04 AM.
Old
03-12-2006, 01:22 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolai19
When Norstrom, Sopel, Frolov, and Demitra come back, I really wish that AM would sit Weaver, Armstrong, and Robitalle. The hard part will be sitting Dempsey who was been impressive lately. Armstrong and Robitalle do not deserve to be playing in lieu of Dustin Brown and even Guiliano at the end of a tie 1-1 game on the road. It was painfully obvious that Robitalle, Armstrong, Conroy, and Roenick were completely gassed because AM kept only 2 lines going towards the end of the 3rd period.

A win is a win, but there are many a things that this team needs work on. Powerplay, possession into the offensive zone, defensive coverage in our own zone and clearing pucks out of the defensive zone. It doesn't get any easier from here on out, and Anaheim and San Jose are just not losing anymore.
Ideally Armstrong should have been traded and Weaver sent down to Manchester.

Old
03-12-2006, 01:23 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale
Nice to see Parrish get a goal for you guys, although i don't know why they put him on the Penalty Shot, he has never been good at those. If they had a stand infront of the net and tip a shot from the point contest he would be the first guy i would put in it though.

Hopefully Sopel can come back to form(how he played a couple years ago) and the Kings can make the playoffs, so i ahve somebody to route for if the Islanders don't make it.
His goal was uglier than sin, but we've needed those kinds of goals for a long long time. I hope he scores all of them like that.

Closed Thread