vCash: 500
Article - Top 10 Drafted goaltenders in Finland

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...rs_in_finland/

Tony Piscotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 09:08 AM
Tormentor

There doesn’t seem to be enough goaltending expertise on these boards to really comment this article.

Personally I like both Ortio and Aittokallio quite a lot. I think they both have enough athletic talent to become NHL goalies and seem like competitive guys. Finding the right mentor to point to the right direction and developing a style that’s just perfect for them individually could potentially make a huge difference in how their careers play out in the end.

Goalies seem to be very difficult to predict and for some of them it takes longer to find the right path, Niklas Bäckström for example was in a somewhat similar situation in his early twenties as Ortio and Aittokallio are now. He hadn’t proven that he can be a staring goalie in SM-liiga and it took a detour before he was really trusted as a one. 1999-2000 was the absolute low point of his career, but he managed to turn it around although there were people who doubted him big time.

I’m expecting Perhonen to bounce back from his difficulties and show his true potential again next season. 09-10 season was also a difficult one for him, but he was great the season after.

Has Tony had a chance to talk with his sources about the Finnish 2012 draft prospects yet? Korpisalo might be the top goalie (I’m guessing he goes anywhere from 3rd to 5th round), but does any other goalie have a chance breaking into your top-10 for 2012 or is it too early to talk about that?

Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 09:14 AM
ElHefe

I think Niko Hovinen, Riku Helenius and Mikko Koskinen could all be NHL-goalies right now. There is so much depth in finnish goaltending.

ElHefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:54 PM
YARR123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElHefe View Post
I think Niko Hovinen, Riku Helenius and Mikko Koskinen could all be NHL-goalies right now. There is so much depth in finnish goaltending.
Koskinen, no way.

Can't comment much on Helenius but Hovinen could possibly be good enough for a backup spot.

Koskinen has been really inconsistent and at times let's in easy goals. Especially in the playoffs he wasn't in a form to steal games.

YARR123 is offline   Reply With Quote