Originally Posted by Adam Thilander View Post
Become a marketing major and go work for them
I wouldn't get paid to work for them

Old
04-21-2012, 04:38 PM
Scarecrow Boat

vCash: 500
http://www.eiha.co.uk/MainIndex/ContactsWhosWho.aspx
They have an office, they must have some full time staff. According to that page they don't have anyone who does any type of marketing for them. I could simply be weird but I'd imagine it's hard to get the sport popular if you have nobody marketing the sport lol

I just found this odd/interesting on the IHUK website when I was poking around..

Quote:
Ice Hockey UK was formed to take over from the British Ice Hockey Association as the National Governing Body. Affiliated to the International Ice Hockey Federation, IHUK is the internationally recognised umbrella body in the United Kingdom.
Ice Hockey UK acts as a consultative body to the Work Permits UK and has an input into the criteria that are laid down for players coming from non-EEU countries.
You can find these criteria on our 'WORK PERMITS' page.
Ice Hockey UK is responsible to the IIHF for the good order of the sport in the United Kingdom and is charged with ensuring that all overseas players are properly cleared to play and that the rules and by-laws of the IIHF are upheld.
It sounds like the purpose of the IHUK is to look after imports? That's... different.

Old
04-21-2012, 04:57 PM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:
http://www.eiha.co.uk/MainIndex/ContactsWhosWho.aspx
They have an office, they must have some full time staff. According to that page they don't have anyone who does any type of marketing for them. I could simply be weird but I'd imagine it's hard to get the sport popular if you have nobody marketing the sport lol

I just found this odd/interesting on the IHUK website when I was poking around..

It sounds like the purpose of the IHUK is to look after imports? That's... different.
I don't think any of those people are full time staff except maybe Ken Taggart, I'll have to ask around there might be a few refs who know, I know for sure Ashraff has another job. The EIHA has no money, so how can they pay staff or market the sport? It is up to the teams to do the marketing.

Nobody actually knows what IHUK's purpose is or what they even do they are pretty much broke also, we didn't enter 2006 Olympic qualification because they were still paying off the debt left from the Super League

Old
04-21-2012, 06:46 PM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

This was released a while ago but I never heard anything about it, on changing the junior age groups.

http://www.eiha.co.uk/tabid/225/ctl/...3/Default.aspx

The "Chelmsford ruling" is what forced the change from U19 to U18 due to child protection safety issues after Essex county council complained. The following statement was released by the EIHA in 2007

Quote:
"Under the Children’s and Young Persons Act there is a legal obligation to seek a licence for young people to play with their adult counterparts. In addition to this, the health and safety of the young person is of paramount importance to the Essex County Council who said that they did not “believe it was possible, despite a child being provided with the appropriate helmet, face guard and clothing for ‘proper provision to be made for the child’s health and kind treatment’ during a game of ice hockey where the opposing team and the child’s team members would not, in the heat of the game be able to differentiate quickly enough between a child and an adult thereby leaving a child vulnerable to the same treatment as afforded to adult players”.

Old
04-21-2012, 06:52 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
If the challenge proves successful our intention is then to move the age groups to the following; U11, U13, U15, U17, U19 with effect from season 2012/2013, with cross ice for U9s being mandatory and built into the fixtures.
So they're spreading it out a bit more. I like it, I'll always hate cross ice and my opinion (based off my experiences with it) will likely never change on the subject.

Didn't you once post that you'd like something similar to this as far as age groups go?

Old
04-21-2012, 07:01 PM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:
So they're spreading it out a bit more. I like it, I'll always hate cross ice and my opinion (based off my experiences with it) will likely never change on the subject.

Didn't you once post that you'd like something similar to this as far as age groups go?
I said I wanted wider age groups: 10's, 13's, 16's and 19's to fix the numbers problems. It also means there's 4 teams instead of 5, so more available ice time for games and practice, less games on a single weekend to fill for referees also.

I don't think I like those proposed changes, there will be 6 different teams, they are going to struggle massively for ice time.

Last edited by Propane Nightmares: 04-21-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old
04-21-2012, 07:21 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
I said I wanted wider age groups: 10's, 13's, 16's and 19's to fix the numbers problems. It also means there's 4 teams instead of 5, so more available ice time for games and practice, less games on a single weekend to fill for referees also.
I wanna say "I'd doubt they'd make more age groups if they didn't have a plan concerning ice time" but quite frankly from what I hear I have no idea how they make their plans

As a referee, why would you want less games? I loved getting paid cash each game and making like x3 - x5 minimum wage lol

Old
04-21-2012, 07:33 PM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:
I wanna say "I'd doubt they'd make more age groups if they didn't have a plan concerning ice time" but quite frankly from what I hear I have no idea how they make their plans

As a referee, why would you want less games? I loved getting paid cash each game and making like x3 - x5 minimum wage lol
They have no plans, they will expect each respective club and rink to figure it out themselves

We are short of referees, three times this season my team had only 1 official doing the game, and many more that had just 2. I've done many Division 1 (3rd tier semi pro) games where there have only been 2 of us

Old
04-21-2012, 08:13 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
They have no plans, they will expect each respective club and rink to figure it out themselves

We are short of referees, three times this season my team had only 1 official doing the game, and many more that had just 2. I've done many Division 1 (3rd tier semi pro) games where there have only been 2 of us
Sit at the rink all day and make tons of cash refereeing. Take that cash and invest it in a rink to host hockey games only. Seems obvious to me

I gotta ask, what's the deal with your avatar? It's usually Rangers related stuff

Old
04-21-2012, 08:15 PM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:
I gotta ask, what's the deal with your avatar? It's usually Rangers related stuff
The latest crappy song that has gone viral on youtube, I thought it fitted my username

Old
04-21-2012, 08:28 PM
Scarecrow Boat

I never heard of that in my life... but I know who Adam Thilander is

Old
04-21-2012, 08:32 PM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:
I never heard of that in my life... but I know who Adam Thilander is
You should visit the Lounge section more often to get "down with the kids"

and http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=147733 ?

Old
04-21-2012, 08:37 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
You should visit the Lounge section more often to get "down with the kids"

and http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=147733 ?
No thanks!

and ye that's my boy lol

Old
04-21-2012, 09:34 PM
Scarecrow Boat

I gotta give props to the guy who's inputting the stats for players from England. Hell of a job... They can't even get guys for Major Midget in Canada lol

Old
04-21-2012, 10:49 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Triple post:
Rumor has Robert Dowd heading to Sweden
http://www.britishicehockey.co.uk/ne...dowd-5852.html

Part of me would rather see him stay in Great Britain but from a player development stand point it'd be huge for him to go to Sweden.

Old
04-22-2012, 05:38 AM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:
Triple post:
Rumor has Robert Dowd heading to Sweden
http://www.britishicehockey.co.uk/ne...dowd-5852.html

Part of me would rather see him stay in Great Britain but from a player development stand point it'd be huge for him to go to Sweden.
Yeah maybe if more guys go over, the teams will start looking for younger talent from GB and bring them over to play juniors. We could establish a link with them like Denmark and Norway have

Old
04-22-2012, 08:19 AM
Scarecrow Boat

Well, it's confirmed!
http://www.troja-ljungby.com/?newsitem=13727

Old
04-22-2012, 12:06 PM
Scarecrow Boat

I'm trying to register for thehockeyforum (I wanna see what kind of ridiculous stuff goes down!) but I have no idea how. I know you need an e-mail that isn't hotmail/g-mail which I now have but there isn't a registration button on the forum? What the hell are they hiding!?!?!

Old
04-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:
I'm trying to register for thehockeyforum (I wanna see what kind of ridiculous stuff goes down!) but I have no idea how. I know you need an e-mail that isn't hotmail/g-mail which I now have but there isn't a registration button on the forum? What the hell are they hiding!?!?!
You can't register, the person who sorts out the registration has gone AWOL, nobody has joined in a few years. I use my friends account just to read, I could ask him if I could give you his password but you won't be able to post anything

Old
04-22-2012, 12:36 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
You can't register, the person who sorts out the registration has gone AWOL, nobody has joined in a few years. I use my friends account just to read, I could ask him if I could give you his password but you won't be able to post anything
Nah I'm not that worried about it. Why do they stay at that forum if it's that broken?

Old
04-22-2012, 01:03 PM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:
Nah I'm not that worried about it. Why do they stay at that forum if it's that broken?
There's still a fair amount of people on there, they're sort of like the "old guard" so to speak, they probably wouldn't welcome anyone new. I think someone from Romford did actually join in November and trolled the **** out of them all so they closed registration again

Old
04-22-2012, 01:28 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
There's still a fair amount of people on there, they're sort of like the "old guard" so to speak, they probably wouldn't welcome anyone new. I think someone from Romford did actually join in November and trolled the **** out of them all so they closed registration again
I just wanna register to see the ridiculous posts & to ask about some younger players and how they're developing.

Old
04-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
I just wanna register to see the ridiculous posts & to ask about some younger players and how they're developing.

Old
04-22-2012, 04:10 PM
mattski93
Poo Brain

Send a message via MSN to mattski93 Send a message via Skype™ to mattski93
Quote:
I gotta give props to the guy who's inputting the stats for players from England. Hell of a job... They can't even get guys for Major Midget in Canada lol
Ta, mate. Shame I lost the job that allowed me to put so much time into it

Old
04-22-2012, 04:29 PM
Propane Nightmares
The Resist Stance

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattski93 View Post
Ta, mate. Shame I lost the job that allowed me to put so much time into it
I think he means Malcolm Preen

Closed Thread