HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jakub Voracek

Old
04-22-2012, 12:30 PM
smitty10

vCash: 500
Jakub Voracek

Hey guys, just wondering what you think this guys potential is. Watching him skate and handle the puck he looks like a PPG guy, however his point totals paint a slightly different picture. He's only 22 and has been around the 50 point mark 3 times.

Every time I watch the Flyers I can't help thinking that this guy just oozes potential to be a PPG+ playmaker in this league. How good do you guys see him ending up?

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:39 PM
Mgkibbles

He has boatloads of skill, but he doesn't play up to his skill level in the offensive zone for whatever reason. He'll dance three guys in the neutral zone, then when he's one on one in the offensive zone, he'll just skate to the boards and turn his back instead of thinking shot.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Mirinho

today he's playing like torpedo on Briere's line ...

¨
he needs more confidence and he'll be PPG ...

Mirinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 01:02 PM
thelos
Bunk

His shot is very weak, but he has said he is going to work on it a lot this summer.

Great player though

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 01:04 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

He's going to top out at a 60 point player and be on this team for a very long time.

While his point totals may not be massive, he contibutes in many many ways. His speed gets us out of tricky defensive situations week in week out. He's great on the back check too

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 01:05 PM
flyersfan018

vCash: 50
Amazing skating and speed but he doesn't quite have the finishing skills.

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

If he worked on his shot, he'd make $6 mill 3 years from now.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 02:05 PM
Go For It

He really needs to improve his shot, but his passing and puck control (especially later on in the season) has been great. Jagr has been a great influence for him.

Go For It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 02:06 PM
nuclear reactor

Guy reminds me of Marian Hossa. I don't know if he'll score a ton, but he is such a good hockey player.

nuclear reactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Xegiie

he looks like Jagr there when handling the puck, but his shot is poor
tho its been said he gonna work on his shot

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 02:46 PM
Esq.

PROS: Tremendous speed and overall skating ability, slick hands, good passing, can man the point on the PP

CONS: Below average finishing ability, prone to giveaways, average defense, weak shot

Voracek is one of those players that has all the skill in the world, but has troubling finishing his chances. He's missed countless breakaways and scoring chances due to mishandling the puck in close. He seems to panic a little bit when in tight.

On a team with such offensive depth as the Flyers, he won't be getting as much ice time as he might otherwise receive. Due to that and his inability to finish chances, I see him his ceiling at 65 points. He's a RFA after this season, so it will be interesting to see what his next contract looks like. If he re-signs with the Flyers (likely), I predict 20-25 goals and 30-35 assists next season, for a total of 50-60 points, most likely falling in the middle of that range.

96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 02:50 PM
dookie88

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
PROS: Tremendous speed and overall skating ability, slick hands, good passing, can man the point on the PP

CONS: Below average finishing ability, prone to giveaways, average defense, weak shot

Voracek is one of those players that has all the skill in the world, but has troubling finishing his chances. He's missed countless breakaways and scoring chances due to mishandling the puck in close. He seems to panic a little bit when in tight.

On a team with such offensive depth as the Flyers, he won't be getting as much ice time as he might otherwise receive. Due to that and his inability to finish chances, I see him his ceiling at 65 points. He's a RFA after this season, so it will be interesting to see what his next contract looks like. If he re-signs with the Flyers (likely), I predict 20-25 goals and 30-35 assists next season, for a total of 50-60 points, most likely falling in the middle of that range.
Wrong.
One of the better defensive forwards on this team.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 03:04 PM
Esq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
Wrong.
One of the better defensive forwards on this team.
No he's not. He was almost never used on the PK for a reason. I didn't say he was bad defensively, but simply that he was average. I can't see anybody arguing that he is better than Talbot, Giroux, Couturier, Read, or Wellwood defensively.

Old
04-22-2012, 03:10 PM
bp spec

vCash: 253
I like him a lot. Great speed, great hands and a decent physical game. The shot is the only real flaw.
Seems to be a great guy too, good to have in the room.

bp spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 03:11 PM
TheBeastCZ

Send a message via Skype™ to TheBeastCZ
Quote:
No he's not. He was almost never used on the PK for a reason. I didn't say he was bad defensively, but simply that he was average. I can't see anybody arguing that he is better than Talbot, Giroux, Couturier, Read, or Wellwood defensively.
He is better than Kubina defensively...

TheBeastCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 03:24 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
He was the 5th guy on the pk pairing until Wellwood arrived. He also was put with Couturier and Talbot in shutdown role at times during the series.

I would not put that he is below average, more like above. He might be on the pk all the time, but he is in the rotation when needed to be. I consider a guy who is the 5th/6th pker on the team and play at times on the shutdown role more of a above than below average.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 03:45 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Since when does playing on the PK relate to being a good defensive player. Umberger was money on the PK, but was a horrible defensive player in his time with the flyers

Old
04-22-2012, 03:49 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Since when does playing on the PK relate to being a good defensive player. Umberger was money on the PK, but was a horrible defensive player in his time with the flyers
Since when? Well for the most part its true. Unless you disagree with Couturier, Talbot, Read, Wellwood etc arent the teams top defensive players.

On every single team, usually your top defensive players play on the pk. That's typically how its always been in hockey.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Brozgalov

I find it funny how many negatives people can list for this stud player. Voracek is a key piece the Flyers have on this team. Saying he has a weak shot is just stupid.. he barely shoots... he is incredible at defense, and his speed kills. He is ridiculously strong on the puck and protects it well. #1 for me is that he seems to make the smart decision 9/10 times. Giroux can make some unbelievable passes, but Voracek is capable of the same. However, he will choose to turn to the corner and protect to work the boards if/when he thinks that is the best option. Hell I'd much rather have that then take the shot and run and gun the whole game.

I love Jake, and they need to re-sign him FOREVER. 22 years old and already has 4 years in the league. When Jagr is gone, you replace him with Voracek and have him work on his shot. Him + G is ridiculous. It is the perfect combination IMO. Jagr did so much for Giroux this year, and honestly I want him to come back again. However, I really do think Voracek would be 10x more powerful on that line.

Also to those saying he has a 60 pt ceiling... I can't wait until he proves that wrong. The kid is a monster and the most important thing is that he loves the game again and hes playing for a team that has a chance. Columbus slowed him down I think. Watch for him to be signed long term and blow up sooner rather than later.

Love him

Brozgalov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 04:21 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

He wants to pick his head up before he becomes a PPG player, or he wont have a long career at all

Old
04-22-2012, 04:57 PM
Esq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
He was the 5th guy on the pk pairing until Wellwood arrived. He also was put with Couturier and Talbot in shutdown role at times during the series.

I would not put that he is below average, more like above. He might be on the pk all the time, but he is in the rotation when needed to be. I consider a guy who is the 5th/6th pker on the team and play at times on the shutdown role more of a above than below average.
Just to be clear (I can't tell if you are disagreeing with me), I didn't say he was below average, I just said he was average...meaning he is somewhere in the middle on our team - below Couturier, Talbot, Giroux, Read, etc. and above Briere, Jagr, Hartnell, Simmonds, etc. If you consider the fact that there are 12 forwards in a game at any time, being the 5th or 6th best guy puts you somewhere in the middle...hence "average."

For the record, I like Jake. I am hoping we can re-sign him for a reasonable amount...it will be interesting to see how much he gets. If Jagr isn't brought back, I can see Voracek taking his spot on the Giroux line next year.

Old
04-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozgalov View Post
I find it funny how many negatives people can list for this stud player. Voracek is a key piece the Flyers have on this team. Saying he has a weak shot is just stupid.. he barely shoots... he is incredible at defense, and his speed kills. He is ridiculously strong on the puck and protects it well. #1 for me is that he seems to make the smart decision 9/10 times. Giroux can make some unbelievable passes, but Voracek is capable of the same. However, he will choose to turn to the corner and protect to work the boards if/when he thinks that is the best option. Hell I'd much rather have that then take the shot and run and gun the whole game.

I love Jake, and they need to re-sign him FOREVER. 22 years old and already has 4 years in the league. When Jagr is gone, you replace him with Voracek and have him work on his shot. Him + G is ridiculous. It is the perfect combination IMO. Jagr did so much for Giroux this year, and honestly I want him to come back again. However, I really do think Voracek would be 10x more powerful on that line.

Also to those saying he has a 60 pt ceiling... I can't wait until he proves that wrong. The kid is a monster and the most important thing is that he loves the game again and hes playing for a team that has a chance. Columbus slowed him down I think. Watch for him to be signed long term and blow up sooner rather than later.

Love him
He barely shoots because he has a weak shot. He's a good player, but is no where near a "stud" yet.

Go For It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:58 PM
Appleyard

vCash: 165
If his shot was better... he could be a 25-40-65 player easy.

Appleyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 07:15 PM
laundryman

I wouldn't say his shot is weak as much as it is erratic.

laundryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 07:29 PM
Cyborg LeClair
14 28 10 16

vCash: 400
My roommate is a big Blue Jackets fan and has been following Jake his whole career. His and my impression is that he has the potential to be at least a PPG player. I always think of him as a much less experienced Jagr-lite. I can see him and G really lighting it up next season or the season after. HE'S ONLY 22! Look at what Giroux is doing and he is only now 24

I'm very optimistic

Cyborg LeClair is offline   Reply With Quote