HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

value: Thomas and krejci

Old
04-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Exit Dose

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOHitter87 View Post
This off season Seguin should be ready to take over at center he started at center this year.
I'm not saying that he isn't capable of playing a top-six, center role next year. I'm saying that he needs to replace what you're losing by moving Krejci. That isn't guaranteed at this point. You're better off pursuing a lesser winger and keeping Seguin and Krejci till Seguin has played Krejci out of a job.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 04:23 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Im with you, i have been dreaming of that deal for a while. It just makes so much sence for both teams, and are great deals both ways no team gets hosed.
It doesn't really work for us for the reasons I listed. We need to add to our top six. Trading Ryan for a center doesn't accomplish that.

Old
04-22-2012, 05:29 PM
jerrywally23*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
I'm not saying that he isn't capable of playing a top-six, center role next year. I'm saying that he needs to replace what you're losing by moving Krejci. That isn't guaranteed at this point. You're better off pursuing a lesser winger and keeping Seguin and Krejci till Seguin has played Krejci out of a job.
but why move Seguin to center when he and Bergeron have so much chemistry together on the Second line. Krejci is signed to a decent contract. If we trade Krejci and he or Bergeron gets hurt Boston only has Seguin and kelly to play center. by trading Krejci Boston would be shooting themselves in the foot

jerrywally23* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
How bad is Horton's injure is he going to be able to play next year?
He was almost able to come back for the playoffs, he'll be ready next year.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:05 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrywally23 View Post
but why move Seguin to center when he and Bergeron have so much chemistry together on the Second line. Krejci is signed to a decent contract. If we trade Krejci and he or Bergeron gets hurt Boston only has Seguin and kelly to play center. by trading Krejci Boston would be shooting themselves in the foot
I think you misunderstood the post that you're quoting.

Old
04-22-2012, 06:08 PM
KOHitter87

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrywally23 View Post
Not really if you trade him its for a top line winger. How is that shooting yourself in the foot? First your giving your young playmaker center a sniper to finish off his feeds. Second have you seen Krejci at all the last few years, a guy making 5 mill a year, and just signed that deal should not be taking as many games off that he does. What ever line Seguins ends up being the best.

KOHitter87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:17 PM
KOHitter87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
It doesn't really work for us for the reasons I listed. We need to add to our top six. Trading Ryan for a center doesn't accomplish that.
Dont you need a #2 center behinde Getzlaf though, Krejci is a top 6 player he wont pot much goals but has great vision, whats more important a center or winger. Not sure what your prospect pool is like if its weak in wingers then i understand not wanting to trade Ryan.

KOHitter87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:21 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic View Post
He was almost able to come back for the playoffs, he'll be ready next year.
Would you guys look to upgrade him to Iginla or are you happy with him?

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:25 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Dont you need a #2 center behinde Getzlaf though, Krejci is a top 6 player he wont pot much goals but has great vision, whats more important a center or winger. Not sure what your prospect pool is like if its weak in wingers then i understand not wanting to trade Ryan.
We need a second-line center to play WITH Ryan. We have plenty of wingers in our prospect pool, but relying on anywhere from two to three untested rookies to fill those spots would be a disaster. We'd be better off just going with Holland as our center if that's the case.

Old
04-22-2012, 08:44 PM
BrainOfJ
Stone Clode

I'm fully convinced Jerry Wally has never watched a game that didn't have the Bruins playing haha

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 09:38 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Would you guys look to upgrade him to Iginla or are you happy with him?
I love the idea of Iginla on the Bruins, but not for Horton.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:05 PM
kpbruinfan
Rookie User

Quote:
Just as the tittle says, what could the Bruins get for either a package of those 2 togother? More likley they would be seperate deals.

Im still holding out for a Krejci for Bobby Ryan deal or just a shooter.

Thomas is the best player, but his age is a huge factor thats why if, and when they trade him a package deal would give you the best in return.

No, center man they are set wingers or d-men.
New here.

Bruins fan born and bred.

The Bruins will likely not resign Thomas not because he's done but because of his politics. Any team considering signing him would be wise to consider this. I think Thomas not visiting the White House hurt the Bruins for a bit in the month thereafter. They should resign him for a year or two. Task and Khudobin are a bright future but are a year or two away.

I worry about Horton. The issues with Savard demonstrate that head injuries and concussions can really vary. I'm not sure he'll ever be the same which is too bad. He's a very important cog in the Bruins' machine.

Having Bergeron, Kelly, Peverley, Campbell, and options like Seguin make the Bruins as deep at center as any team in the NHL. I humbly offer that trading tha kind of depth is a bad idea.

The Bruins could use seem depth on defense. I haven't been at all impressed with the D corps beyond Chara, Seidenberg, and Boychuk. Corvo, Zanon, Mottau aren't the answer. Ference looks bad, too.

kpbruinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:58 PM
jerrywally23*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbruinfan View Post
New here.

The Bruins will likely not resign Thomas not because he's done but because of his politics. Any team considering signing him would be wise to consider this. I think Thomas not visiting the White House hurt the Bruins for a bit in the month thereafter. They should resign him for a year or two. Task and Khudobin are a bright future but are a year or two away.

I worry about Horton. The issues with Savard demonstrate that head injuries and concussions can really vary. I'm not sure he'll ever be the same which is too bad. He's a very important cog in the Bruins' machine.

Having Bergeron, Kelly, Peverley, Campbell, and options like Seguin make the Bruins as deep at center as any team in the NHL. I humbly offer that trading tha kind of depth is a bad idea.

The Bruins could use seem depth on defense. I haven't been at all impressed with the D corps beyond Chara, Seidenberg, and Boychuk. Corvo, Zanon, Mottau aren't the answer. Ference looks bad, too.

I couldn't say it better myself.. thank you. did you notice that It's not Bruin fans pushing this trade, it Oilers fans. Edmonton has a great young team but they are mission to key players a #1 goalie and a top Defense prospect, to things Boston has limited supply of and can afford to trade.. Sorry Oilers fans you best start looking else where.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:01 PM
jerrywally23*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
I'm fully convinced Jerry Wally has never watched a game that didn't have the Bruins playing haha
whatever

Old
04-23-2012, 11:11 PM
DJENTLEMAN
Lost My Avatar Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpbruinfan View Post
New here.

Welcome to the boards!

Thomas is locked up for next year, no worries about him being an UFA. The White House issues has been talked about ad naseum around here - everyone in that locker room and within the organization has known his political views for years. He's the same guy who won the Vezina (twice), Conn Smythe, and stood on his head on the way to winning the Stanley Cup last year. In other words, the man and his views haven't suddenly changed / become apparent to the team - the boys knew who he was then and they know who he is now. If his political views are going to be used for his slumping play, then they should also be used for the aforementioned accomplishments.

Agreed on most of your other points though.

DJENTLEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:23 AM
Paul4587

As a Ducks fan, I'd trade Ryan for Krejci. I'd much rather build around two quality centres (Getzlaf and Krejci) and a quality winger (Perry) than a quality centre (Getzlaf) and two quality wingers (Perry and Ryan). I doubt we have the assets to get Krejci without giving up Ryan and I don't think we could afford all four anyway even if we could get him without Ryan going anywhere.

Paul4587 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 12:54 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
As a Ducks fan, I'd trade Ryan for Krejci. I'd much rather build around two quality centres (Getzlaf and Krejci) and a quality winger (Perry) than a quality centre (Getzlaf) and two quality wingers (Perry and Ryan). I doubt we have the assets to get Krejci without giving up Ryan and I don't think we could afford all four anyway even if we could get him without Ryan going anywhere.
I'm surprised Staal wasn't first choice in a Ryan swap.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 03:00 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I doubt we have the assets to get Krejci without giving up Ryan and I don't think we could afford all four anyway even if we could get him without Ryan going anywhere.
That's nonsense. RPG and Krejci are only a million dollars more expensive than RPG and Teemu. Where are we going to get that money? Lubo's salary drops, Blake is off the books, and a new revenue sharing agreement is one of the top priorities for the next CBA.

We can't afford to keep both Getzlaf and Perry if our budget is stretched as thin as you're claiming.

Last edited by Exit Dose: 04-24-2012 at 04:20 AM. Reason: More to the point