Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2012, 04:31 PM
Propane Nightmares
Sinister Rouge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Thilander View Post
I just wanna register to see the ridiculous posts & to ask about some younger players and how they're developing.
You can just ask me about that lol, I'm more knowledgeable than all of the posters on THF combined they would just give you biased accounts of their own players.

I can't really help you with northern players though, but I get to see a wide range of southern players from lining.

Old
04-22-2012, 04:47 PM
mattski93
Poo Brain

Send a message via MSN to mattski93 Send a message via Skype™ to mattski93
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99 Problems View Post
I think he means Malcolm Preen
Pfffft, in the absence of further evidence I'm yoinking this one.

Old
04-22-2012, 04:54 PM
Propane Nightmares
Sinister Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattski93 View Post
Pfffft, in the absence of further evidence I'm yoinking this one.
Well isn't his stats website where you get all the stats for EP from?

Old
04-22-2012, 05:13 PM
mattski93
Poo Brain

Send a message via MSN to mattski93 Send a message via Skype™ to mattski93
Quote:
Well isn't his stats website where you get all the stats for EP from?
Touche.

Old
04-22-2012, 05:14 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
You can just ask me about that lol, I'm more knowledgeable than all of the posters on THF combined they would just give you biased accounts of their own players.

I can't really help you with northern players though, but I get to see a wide range of southern players from lining.
Alright well I don't know who classifies as Northern or Southern (seeing as I'm Canadian, my British Geography is awful )

Most of my questions are about kids like Oliver Betteridge (Nottingham), Taylor Wootton (Invicta), and Matthew Selby (Coventry) and how they compare to the likes of Joseph Lewis, Robert Dowd, Stephen Lee, or even David Phillips.

A couple other random questions I can think of would be, who look like front runners for next years U20 team? Only name I've really heard so far is Andrew Brummitt.

and

Has OHA started inviting kids to play for them next year? I know this is usually the time that North American prep schools get their commitments but this isn't a normal situation lol

Old
04-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Propane Nightmares
Sinister Rouge

Quote:
Alright well I don't know who classifies as Northern or Southern (seeing as I'm Canadian, my British Geography is awful )

Most of my questions are about kids like Oliver Betteridge (Nottingham), Taylor Wootton (Invicta), and Matthew Selby (Coventry) and how they compare to the likes of Joseph Lewis, Robert Dowd, Stephen Lee, or even David Phillips.

A couple other random questions I can think of would be, who look like front runners for next years U20 team? Only name I've really heard so far is Andrew Brummitt.

and

Has OHA started inviting kids to play for them next year? I know this is usually the time that North American prep schools get their commitments but this isn't a normal situation lol
This should help you with which clubs are north and which are south. http://www.eiha.co.uk/Juniorsmain/Conference.aspx Obviously South West and South East are in the south leagues, Midlands and North is the Northern leagues.

All of the 93 born players plus Zach Sullivan from this years team are pretty much locks http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=2139 and 94 born players who I think are very likely to make it are David Clements, Sam Godfrey, and Ross Venus from this years 18's team. I can't think of any 93's who didn't make the U20's this year, but the goalies from the 93/94 class at the U18's were Brandon Stones and Ben Hunt, I think Brummitt could challenge for a spot though, Stones has been benchwarming for the entire season while Brummitt has been playing Division 2 as well as backing up EIHL.

Those Wootton brothers need to be playing A league juniors before I would even consider them as GB team prospects, it is very easy to put up a ton of points in the B league, Aidan Doughty pretty much won the B league by himself at U16's. Doughty is an exception though, he also has senior experience as he started playing Division 1 at 16, but even then James Griffin and Zach Sullivan both started in the EPIHL at 16 and got more ice time as Dmen than Doughty does in Divison 1.

I spoke to one of the Swindon parents about the Academy and he said they have already had loads of interest, including 4 overseas players.

Last edited by Propane Nightmares: 04-22-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old
04-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
I spoke to one of the Swindon parents about the Academy and he said they have already had loads of interest, including 4 overseas players.
Do you mean North Americans going to Great Britain for hockey school... That is the strangest thing I'd ever see but I'd rather see it be as many GB kids as possible. They need the ice time a lot more than North American kids.

Old
04-22-2012, 05:44 PM
Propane Nightmares
Sinister Rouge

Quote:
Do you mean North Americans going to Great Britain for hockey school... That is the strangest thing I'd ever see but I'd rather see it be as many GB kids as possible.
I'm assuming he meant Europeans, there is sea between us and the rest of Europe I would assume they're from lower tier nations similar to us like France, Netherlands, those type of countries. The guy who went to HCC said they were pretty much all foreigners, from nations outside of the Elite pool, and it's similar at OHA. Those are Canadian schools though, so obviously less foreigners are going to want to come to GB to get better.

Old
04-22-2012, 05:55 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
I'm assuming he meant Europeans, there is sea between us and the rest of Europe I would assume they're from lower tier nations similar to us like France, Netherlands, those type of countries. The guy who went to HCC said they were pretty much all foreigners, from nations outside of the Elite pool, and it's similar at OHA. Those are Canadian schools though, so obviously less foreigners are going to want to come to GB to get better.
You really call the rest of Europe overseas? By that logic the entire world would be considered overseas

Old
04-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Propane Nightmares
Sinister Rouge

Quote:
You really call the rest of Europe overseas? By that logic the entire world would be considered overseas
Well it is plus it's seemingly less offensive than saying "foreigners" I can't remember what he exactly said, just that players from other countries had expressed interest.

Old
04-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Beauty non racist hockey term: "Imports" haha in Major Junior Hockey we have the CHL Import Draft. Every year I watch and hope a Brit is drafted (and gets a better chance than Robert Farmer)

Old
04-23-2012, 02:10 AM
Propane Nightmares
Sinister Rouge

Quote:
Beauty non racist hockey term: "Imports" haha in Major Junior Hockey we have the CHL Import Draft. Every year I watch and hope a Brit is drafted (and gets a better chance than Robert Farmer)
Rob Farmer is the best prospect we've had in the past few years and in the forseeable future, Bobby Chamberlain and Lewis Hook have the ability to turn out better though. When does the CHL import draft take place? I honestly think James Griffin is good enough, hoping that someone will take a chance on him.

Old
04-23-2012, 08:58 AM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Rob Farmer is the best prospect we've had in the past few years and in the forseeable future, Bobby Chamberlain and Lewis Hook have the ability to turn out better though. When does the CHL import draft take place? I honestly think James Griffin is good enough, hoping that someone will take a chance on him.
That's a good question lol It's usually near the end of June. OHL Draft was in April, WHL draft is in May and QMJHL draft is in June, then there's the NHL Draft and the CHL Import Draft follows that. NHL Draft is June 22-23rd so probably the 29th or 30th

Old
04-23-2012, 11:03 AM
PuddlesTheDuck

I wouldn't agree that Chamberlain is a better prospect than Farmer was, I remember seeing Farmer holding his own in the Continental Cup.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Alpine

I'm posting this just to show what I read on here as a different approach to recreation in Canada than GB.
Here's a podcast of a town administrator talking about a new Civic Centre that includes a rink, pool, exercise rooms and walking track.The Calais he's talking about is in Maine USA just across the St Croix River.
And yes we have baseball diamonds, football, soccer fields, skateboard parks etc as well. In my hometown there is one complex that has a 4 Ice centre, 10 baseball diamonds, 6 soccer fields and an dome for year round field sports that has a soccer field and a half size one all owned by the city.
CBC podcast.

http://www.cbc.ca/informationmorning...-civic-centre/

Last edited by Alpine: 04-23-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old
04-23-2012, 11:31 AM
Propane Nightmares
Sinister Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddlesTheDuck View Post
I wouldn't agree that Chamberlain is a better prospect than Farmer was, I remember seeing Farmer holding his own in the Continental Cup.
I didn't say he is better, I said he has the ability to be better. I think Chamberlain has much more offensive potential but Farmer was much more likely to make it in NA due to being an all round player with size and some fighting ability.

Farmer played in the continental cup, in 2010-11 when he was 19, Bobby Chamberlain is 17 and started in the EIHL at 16. Stats aren't everything but Chamberlain was 1+3 in 58 EIHL games and when Farmer was that age he had 8+7 in 39 EPIHL games. The difference between EIHL and EPIHL is massive, there's no doubt Chamberlain would be better off in the EPIHL for his development and given how well he has done in the EIHL it's not unreasonable to think that he would have similar or better stats than Farmer when he was that age.

Edit: Dave Simms seems to think Stephen Lee is off to North America

Last edited by Propane Nightmares: 04-23-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old
04-23-2012, 12:53 PM
Shrimper
WinItFor#58

vCash: 50
Tom Norton resigned

Tom Norton resigned by the Panthers.

Thinking about a team to follow, anyone list me the pro's and con's of each team?

Old
04-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Edit: Dave Simms seems to think Stephen Lee is off to North America
I don't know who Dave Simms is but I wanted Lee to get a shot in the CHL back when he was eligible. I can see him holding his own just like David Phillips did over here.

Old
04-23-2012, 01:06 PM
Propane Nightmares
Sinister Rouge

Quote:
I don't know who Dave Simms is but I wanted Lee to get a shot in the CHL back when he was eligible. I can see him holding his own just like David Phillips did over here.
He's the guy who works for sky sports and does the weekly roundup show, is the press guy for the Steelers also.

Not sure what level Lee will play, probably ECHL

Old
04-23-2012, 01:14 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Any idea if Craig Peacock will be sticking around or will he also go elsewhere? I see Mark Richardson may be going to Kazakhstan

Old
04-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Propane Nightmares
Sinister Rouge

Quote:
Any idea if Craig Peacock will be sticking around or will he also go elsewhere? I see Mark Richardson may be going to Kazakhstan
Rumours are Peacock to North America.

Funny that all of a sudden a bunch of British players are being signed by teams in other countries, maybe the EIHL is starting to get a lot more respect.

Old
04-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Shrimper
WinItFor#58

vCash: 50
Would be great to see some players spread their wings and in other aspects maybe get onto the path to the NHL. A player in the NHL with reasonable Ice-time and performances would be great.

Old
04-23-2012, 01:39 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Rumours are Peacock to North America.

Funny that all of a sudden a bunch of British players are being signed by teams in other countries, maybe the EIHL is starting to get a lot more respect.
The only thing that would suck is if by coming here, they miss out on Div I international play with Great Britain. That would be lame.

Old
04-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Propane Nightmares
Sinister Rouge

Quote:
The only thing that would suck is if by coming here, they miss out on Div I international play with Great Britain. That would be lame.
Which is why we need to improve our depth, if more players go overseas that opens up room for more young Brits to step up to the EIHL. With the top Brits gone, teams will have more money to spend on better imports so those guys will get to play against better players and hopefully develop better.

Old
04-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Someone was talking about Prince and of course, it reminded me of Jack Prince haha

I haven't heard anything about him since last years world juniors. He played in the NAHL again last season and did pretty well. He looks like he could play division II NCAA. Any idea where this guy might end up?

Closed Thread