HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sens @ Rangers - Game 5

Old
04-22-2012, 08:02 PM
Parker

vCash: 500

Drafting Bob Sanguinetti over Giroux.. the reason the Rangers won't make it out of the first round this year?

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePuck View Post
I love Cally as a player and who doesn't ,but his post game remarks after the last 2 losses irk me a bit.
Both times he says "we played good and controlled the puck and that we have to keep doing what we're doing"........NO,what you're doing isn't working ..like not getting enough traffic in front of Anderson and not having someone there to get the rebounds !!!!
Ya know what pisses me off about Cally?

The fact he has low offensive IQ.

The stupid backhand passes.

The over handling the puck.

The fact that he doesn't keep his stick in tight and waves it around like a light Sabre.

The comments? Eh, I don't care. He isn't going to call out the team in the media. Nor should he.

Last edited by Blueshirt Believer: 04-22-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dorado*

The way Giroux went and knocked Cindy on his ass right off the drop and then scores
..... That's how you get it done .
As for the NYR the spirit if Dale Rolfe is alive and well as WE STILL HAVEN'T ANSWERED THE BELL AGIANST OTT .
start : Rupp , Bickel , Prust again and f$$$king BRING IT

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Rangers Fail
free james sheppard

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePuck View Post
I love Cally as a player and who doesn't ,but his post game remarks after the last 2 losses irk me a bit.
Both times he says "we played good and controlled the puck and that we have to keep doing what we're doing"........NO,what you're doing isn't working ..like not getting enough traffic in front of Anderson and not having someone there to get the rebounds !!!!
I don't know if it's a good or bad thing, but whether we win or lose, Cally always looks and sounds the same in his post games. On one hand, you can say that he doesn't get too high or too low, but OTOH, you can say that he's content with losing sometimes. Actually, the only player that looks any different in their post games is Hank. With anyone else, you'd have a hard time figuring out if they won or lost.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post

Drafting Bob Sanguinetti over Giroux.. the reason the Rangers won't make it out of the first round this year?
Nah, they would have developed him into a defensive forward who blocks shots with his head. Probably would have tried all of his passes on the backhand.

Old
04-22-2012, 08:12 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
Nah, they would have developed him into a defensive forward who blocks shots with his head. Probably would have tried all of his passes on the backhand.
I don't believe the Rangers are going about this the wrong way - they've built a great defense which will only get better, and we've drafted guys like Hagelin, Kreider, the guys in the AHL, etc. More importantly, we haven't traded them for over-the-hill faded superstars.

We're just not there yet.

ltsthinaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:18 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Ya know what pisses me off about Cally?

The fact he has low offensive IQ.

The stupid backhand passes.

The over handling the puck.

The fact that he doesn't keep his stick in tight and waves it around like a light Sabre.

The comments? Eh, I don't care. He isn't going to call out the team in the media. Nor should he.
Really? We are gonna start Captain Cally bashing now?

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:19 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
You have a better idea? We're about to be eliminated.
Really Rupp hes to slow to be on the first line, let alone on the ice at all.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:20 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
Not really.

Just the flaws in his game.

He is certainly not the problem.

I still think he is more of a third line two way forward but he can be serviceable in the second line role if he has the right line mates.

Old
04-22-2012, 08:20 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
You have a better idea? We're about to be eliminated.
Wasn't questioning the choice as much as it is an exposure of the lack of talent. However, if Torts used Rupp on the first line, he would be roasted here, and for good reason.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:21 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
Cally is what he is a good second line player in this league, hes not overly creative or skilled but hes play the game hard similar to a guy like Dustin Brown however smaller yet makes up for it by blocking more shots.

Old
04-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post
I don't believe the Rangers are going about this the wrong way - they've built a great defense which will only get better, and we've drafted guys like Hagelin, Kreider, the guys in the AHL, etc. More importantly, we haven't traded them for over-the-hill faded superstars.

We're just not there yet.
Well you can overemphasis defense.

The Bruins are a perfect example of this in previous seasons. It was only when Cam Neely became critical of Julian that "you can't win games 0-0" that things started to change.

Old
04-22-2012, 08:24 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
We are finished without Boyle.

Who would've believed that 4 weeks ago?
I dont believe that. We are weak at Center i say put Dubinsky back at Center with Cally and prust.

Than Hagelin Richards Gaborik
Feds Anisimov Kreider
Rupp Mitchell Stepan

Old
04-22-2012, 08:25 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Well you can overemphasis defense.

The Bruins are a perfect example of this in previous seasons. It was only when Cam Neely became critical of Julian that "you can't win games 0-0" that things started to change.
We don't yet have the players to play a more wide open style, maybe when we do, we'll have a different coach.

Let's face it, we were never likely to win the Cup this year, the team over-achieved and is running out of gas. We need more talent, which we are slowly getting.

Old
04-22-2012, 08:26 PM
DM23BK30

Rangers fans need to seek advice from Bruins fans.

Post-lockout Bruins have been a masive enigma and tortured their fans right up until the SCF.

2006 -- trade away franchise center, miss playoffs
2007 -- sign UFA's Chara and Savard, Thomas full-time starter, miss playoffs
2008 -- Lucic and Krejci make debuts, make playoffs, lost in 1st round
2009 -- sign UFA's Wheeler and Ryder, win 50 games, lost in 2nd round in 7th game in OT
2010 -- keep same team, add Seidenberg at deadline, choke away 3-0 lead in 2nd round
2011 -- add Horton and Campbell, massive trades at deadline, win SC

IMO, the Rangers are where the 2009 Bruins were. The only thing missing in a Norris-type No. 1 like Chara.

These guys are still young. As disappointing as a lot of them have been this series, you dont make massive changes.

Something along the lines of Anisimov for Michael Ryder, or Erixon and a 2013 1st for Plekanec or even a 2012 1st for Brendan Morrow.

At some point, the Rangers are going to have to consider trading away prospects/youngsters who they feel dont have a high ceiling, and if they do, they most certainly reach it with the organization.

Three solid scoring lines, a legit checking center, solid PK, solid defense with depth, and elite goaltending is what wins Cups.

The Rangers have met three of my five requirements. They need to address the first two. They didnt do it at the deadline this year because the price was too high.

No matter what happens in Game 6, and even beyond (hopefully), Sather will address those areas in the offseason.

DM23BK30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:28 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsthinaz View Post
We don't yet have the players to play a more wide open style, maybe when we do, we'll have a different coach.

Let's face it, we were never likely to win the Cup this year, the team over-achieved and is running out of gas. We need more talent, which we are slowly getting.
Nah, this team was good enough to make it to the ECF.

You don't need a team of offensive juggernauts to take on Ottawa's D.

We are just incompetent.

Old
04-22-2012, 08:30 PM
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
Rangers fans need to seek advice from Bruins fans.

Post-lockout Bruins have been a masive enigma and tortured their fans right up until the SCF.

2006 -- trade away franchise center, miss playoffs
2007 -- sign UFA's Chara and Savard, Thomas full-time starter, miss playoffs
2008 -- Lucic and Krejci make debuts, make playoffs, lost in 1st round
2009 -- sign UFA's Wheeler and Ryder, win 50 games, lost in 2nd round in 7th game in OT
2010 -- keep same team, add Seidenberg at deadline, choke away 3-0 lead in 2nd round
2011 -- add Horton and Campbell, massive trades at deadline, win SC

IMO, the Rangers are where the 2009 Bruins were. The only thing missing in a Norris-type No. 1 like Chara.

These guys are still young. As disappointing as a lot of them have been this series, you dont make massive changes.

Something along the lines of Anisimov for Michael Ryder, or Erixon and a 2013 1st for Plekanec or even a 2012 1st for Brendan Morrow.

At some point, the Rangers are going to have to consider trading away prospects/youngsters who they feel dont have a high ceiling, and if they do, they most certainly reach it with the organization.

Three solid scoring lines, a legit checking center, solid PK, solid defense with depth, and elite goaltending is what wins Cups.

The Rangers have met three of my five requirements. They need to address the first two. They didnt do it at the deadline this year because the price was too high.

No matter what happens in Game 6, and even beyond (hopefully), Sather will address those areas in the offseason.
Drafting Seguin, thanks to Leafs.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:31 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
I think it's really poor coaching on Tortorella's part that Rupp has never seen any time with the first or second lines as a LW this season. He's one of the best finishing tough guys in the league for the last decade. Considering this team's major weaknesses at LW, and Dubinsky proving to be a spectacular flop as a top six power forward, Rupp is the closest thing the team has to that. There's a pretty obvious reason why Richards and Gaborik struggle sometimes at even strength. No one is there to help them work with the puck. They need someone to free them from harassment. Hagelin does that better than anyone else on the team simply due to his speed, but that's still not as good as what a real power forward who could finish would do for them.
Thats crazy Rupp is way to slow to play on the top 6. Richards and Gaborik struggles are not because of anyone but THEMSELVES. They both shy away from contact and dont win puck battles on a regular basis. Hagelin has saved the both of them having him on there line to literally forecheck, create turnovers and create plays. Hes is the best option to play with them no question and Torts has made the correct move in that respect. Rupp is not a power forward capable of playing minutes in the NHL maybe in the AHL were the game is bit more to his speed he can do what you think. He may be able to pitch in with a nice play or goal here or there but having him on the ice too much will be a liability esp in the defensive zone and on turnovers because hes simply not quick enough.

We could have really used Avery in these playoffs. Hes small but he is a power forward.

Old
04-22-2012, 08:32 PM
Killem Dafoe
Look at this graph.

vCash: 50
Quote:

now i'm sad.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:32 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Nah, this team was good enough to make it to the ECF.

You don't need a team of offensive juggernauts to take on Ottawa's D.

We are just incompetent.
Last two years we were about 8th best in the East, I think this year we moved up to probably 4th or 5th. Next year we'll get more talent and have more experience and move up to 2nd or 3rd.

Sure we should have whipped Ottawa, and Boston or whomever probably will (assuming we lose the series). But IMO I hold to my opinion that we are like a racehorse not good enough to win the race, got whipped by the jockey but just don't have it in us to respond to the whip anymore.

Old
04-22-2012, 08:36 PM
DM23BK30

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0rbid View Post
Drafting Seguin, thanks to Leafs.
Seguin had the most minor of roles in the Bruins being built from a bottom feeder to a powerhouse.

This year is a different story. But the point was that teams like the Bruins who build through solid drafting, good trades and big UFA signings usually take time to develop. And the process is always painful.

Hell...look at the Neil Smith Rangers, who started their run to the top during the Craig Patrick days.

The Devils too. Lots and lots of mediocrity, growing pains and playoff failures. They traded 3/4 of their 1988 CF team (who was super young) by 1993-94.

DM23BK30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:46 PM
NikC

Quote:

between Jessiman, Girioux, and Cherepanov (rip) it's no wonder we
have no scoring. don't mean to beat a dead horse...

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:48 PM
Graves94

Does anyone know for sure if Boyle accompanied the team to Ottawa today? Are we 100% certain he won't play tomorrow?

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:48 PM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

Quote:

this is also the reason I'm so winning my hockey pool....
Crosby and Malkin who?

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:50 PM
ltsthinaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
Does anyone know for sure if Boyle accompanied the team to Ottawa today? Are we 100% certain he won't play tomorrow?
Don't know if he went to Ottawa, but he is definitely out - usually people with concussions if they're serious shouldn't fly.

NBC is also reporting Alfredsson practiced and may play. Though I think the more important thing is Hagelin is back.