HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which Kostitsyn brother do you miss more?

View Poll Results: Which Kostitsyn would you want back?
Sergei 99 43.61%
Andrei 128 56.39%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-22-2012, 04:56 PM
  #76
WeezyHabFan
Registered User
 
WeezyHabFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Ireland
Posts: 1,029
vCash: 500
Sergei...... I would love to see both of them centered by Eller

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:12 PM
  #77
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 32,372
vCash: 500
SK is a bad fit for Montreal, single players taht love the nightlife are a recipe for problems.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:25 PM
  #78
DrunkenHabz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 198
vCash: 500
None of them.

DrunkenHabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:21 PM
  #79
Lizard King*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,259
vCash: 500
Andrei was decent this past year I don't know why we traded him.

Lizard King* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 07:47 PM
  #80
29dryden29
Registered User
 
29dryden29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: London Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I think it was pretty obvious that I was presenting you with facts, and that whatever meaning you might have is irrelevant.
Fact if, we did trade AK and SK, and others that were decent top6-9 players (see how other teams without forward superstars but good depth that consists of players like AK and SK labeled as lazy inconsistent players, do well? i.e St-Louis, Nashville, Boston won the cup) in order to find ourselves with guys like Darche, Moen or White on the top lines.
Point is, every single team in the NHL, even stanley cup winners, have inconsistent forwards like AK on them. Problem is Mtl fans can't or simply won't see that because they demand close to perfection out of every single player on this team, no matter the role.

If you said good riddance by letting AK go because we had a better, younger version that showed promising things at the NHL level already, then alright, but we don't. You happier with Bourque here?? I'm not. We have weaker winger depth than we had at the beginning of the season.
I don`t care for Renee either but I would happily take a white or Moen used on the top 6 knowing they play with heart desire and a will to win night in and night out unlike the K brothers did they were much lesser versions of Kovalev.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 07:50 PM
  #81
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!
 
Gabe84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
This.


Don't feel bad for us though- we accept mediocrity and rather pretend we don't need them.
I agree with you.

Both were good players, but I really liked Sergei. He could shoot, he could pass, he had great vision and he played with a chip on his shoulder.

While I've defended Jacques Martin during his tenure here, I sincerely think that he was the wrong choice of coach for the young team we had at the time.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:06 PM
  #82
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,334
vCash: 500
Neither...they're both way too expensive and inconsistent.
Good riddance. (I actually was a fan of Sergei's crafty style when he was a Hab...skating/passing vision/potential/grit potential, but still...too expensive ).

I'm looking forward to L.Leblanc, Gallagher, and maybe Kristo...

I would have loved to see S.Kosts - Eller - A.Kosts, but...L.Leblanc could be way more consistent for the 3rd line role and won't complain (while A.Kosts and S.Kost would always cry about not being on the 1st or 2nd lines to make more $$$ for their contracts...but they were better off on the 3rd lines imo, A.Kosts was only good as a top 6 forward in case of injury). Eller will do well with players like Moen (hopefully will be signed), L.Leblanc, maybe Gallagher on the 3rd line...

Can't keep 'em all...we have many players to pay and it won't be cheap (Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Desharnais, Emelin, and then...maybe one day Eller won't be cheap anymore,etc,etc...can't keep 'em all).

Bottom line:
Sergei and Andrei Kosts are way too inconsistent for the money they want and are getting, imo.


Last edited by Mr. Hab: 04-22-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:11 PM
  #83
PK76
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Bottom line:
Sergei and Andrei Kosts are way too inconsistent for the money they want and are getting, imo.
I can't wait to see which players making less than 3-4 M's will be scoring every night for us next year.

I hear Lee Stempniak might be available.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 09:41 PM
  #84
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,232
vCash: 500
Haaaah.. Montreal hockey fans.

Where one who isnt from Quebec is hated. Where one who doesnt score every night suck's. Where one who has off nights is really inconsistent. Where one who plays a erased style of play is lazy. Where one who was not good defensively in his first season stay's a defensive liability all his career. Where one who complain's about playing too little for his talent is a selfish one. Where one who is 20 years can't make any mistakes...

Welcome to Montreal Superstar.. Oh wait they won't come it's true.

In Hockey we need good players on EVERY line. The brothers gave us that depth. But what ever. We'll watch Darche patrol the second line for another year.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 09:42 PM
  #85
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabzFanatik71 View Post
I can't wait to see which players making less than 3-4 M's will be scoring every night for us next year.

I hear Lee Stempniak might be available.
Andrei was a semi-bust, imo.

3-4mil each for VERY inconsistent forwards...find another way to spend the money. I don't care how, but find another way to spend the money. Wish we never drafted Andrei Kostitsyn...such a waste of time and money.

Get a solid dman instead, a solid 3rd line forward who won't complain playing on the 3rd line ...keep drafting solid/young players (not as expensive in the first 3 seasons).

If a player is inconsistent...you don't keep paying him...get rid of the bum.

Good GMs find a way to improve a team...and Sergei and Andrei are not part of the solution. Nashville is good because of Rinne, Weber, Suter, Legwand...not because of Andrei or Sergei...they're just decent fillers and that's it.

Looking forward to...Louis Leblanc, Gallagher, and we should not forget that we just don't have space for bums like Andrei and Sergei (need all the $$$$$ for Price, Subban, Pacioretty...).

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 09:50 PM
  #86
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Andrei was a semi-bust, imo.

3-4mil each for VERY inconsistent forwards...find another way to spend the money. I don't care how, but find another way to spend the money. Wish we never drafted Andrei Kostitsyn...such a waste of time and money.

Get a solid dman instead, a solid 3rd line forward who won't complain playing on the 3rd line ...keep drafting solid/young players (not as expensive in the first 3 seasons).

If a player is inconsistent...you don't keep paying him...get rid of the bum.

Good GMs find a way to improve a team...and Sergei and Andrei are not part of the solution. Nashville is good because of Rinne, Weber, Suter, Legwand...not because of Andrei or Sergei...they're just decent fillers and that's it.

Looking forward to...Louis Leblanc, Gallagher, and we should not forget that we just don't have space for bums like Andrei and Sergei (need all the $$$$$ for Price, Subban, Pacioretty...).
Funny. Find another way to spend this money. You don't want inconsistency? Lets sign 6 superstar player at 10 millions each. I hope they wont fall in inconsistency though.

Andre Kostitsyn NEVER complained of 3rd line minutes. Third line minutes are about 12 to 17 minutes. When he complained he played 5-10 minutes. Selective memory.

Funny you are talking about Legwand. He's probably the most inconsistant player in the NHL.

Don't you think Gallagher, Leblanc and every limited players will ever be consistent ?

To be consistent would mean being Crosby-like.
If you are not talking in points then you must shake your head and remember that AK (Not SK has he was not fully developed/fully established.) WAS consistent in his game in the last two seasons. If you're saying he was not you are clearly in the denial of something obvious.

Thus you could be called a hater.
Or furthermore, a irrealistic hater

Pessimist..

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 09:58 PM
  #87
the
Registered User
 
the's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,074
vCash: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Andrei was a semi-bust, imo.

3-4mil each for VERY inconsistent forwards...find another way to spend the money. I don't care how, but find another way to spend the money. Wish we never drafted Andrei Kostitsyn...such a waste of time and money.

Get a solid dman instead, a solid 3rd line forward who won't complain playing on the 3rd line ...keep drafting solid/young players (not as expensive in the first 3 seasons).

If a player is inconsistent...you don't keep paying him...get rid of the bum.

Good GMs find a way to improve a team...and Sergei and Andrei are not part of the solution. Nashville is good because of Rinne, Weber, Suter, Legwand...not because of Andrei or Sergei...they're just decent fillers and that's it.

Looking forward to...Louis Leblanc, Gallagher, and we should not forget that we just don't have space for bums like Andrei and Sergei (need all the $$$$$ for Price, Subban, Pacioretty...).
When did Andrei ever complain playing on the 3rd line? He's been pretty cool with all the crap he had to put up with including being sticked to the bench for no reasons.Where did you hear that Andrei was greedy for money? He got paid like any 50 point player and was even ready to reduce his pay to still be with the Habs.

Ohh sorry,let's try the logic that Russian= lazy,greedy,no heart,inconsitent SOB

the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:01 PM
  #88
BigHab*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 227
vCash: 500
Don't want nor wish for either one to come back. It's time to grow a more Canadian flavoured team, in my opinion.

BigHab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:03 PM
  #89
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,203
vCash: 500
AK's legend will grow the longer he's gone. It's what Habs fans do.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:14 PM
  #90
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!
 
Mathradio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 9,588
vCash: 500
If only Sergei could hit more... he'd be better than his brother!

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:53 PM
  #91
dutchy29
Registered User
 
dutchy29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,775
vCash: 500
Neither, I miss Cube more than either of them. No hate towards either one, but no team will win with these guys in the top 6. If the Preds win I will eat my words, but not gonna happen.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:56 PM
  #92
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the View Post
When did Andrei ever complain playing on the 3rd line? He's been pretty cool with all the crap he had to put up with including being sticked to the bench for no reasons.Where did you hear that Andrei was greedy for money? He got paid like any 50 point player and was even ready to reduce his pay to still be with the Habs.

Ohh sorry,let's try the logic that Russian= lazy,greedy,no heart,inconsistent SOB
IF Andrei never complained (or was unhappy) about being on the 3rd line, then I'm wrong. I can't prove it AND you can't prove it either that he never did complain, unless...you were in that dressing room.

My opinion:
without Russians, Swedes, Finns, Slovenians...the NHL would be so boring. So boring.

BTW, Andrei had 24pts this season as a Hab...****ing joke...and you still want to waste your time defending this ex-Hab (turn the page, it's over with Andrei in Mtl...was a waste of time drafting that bum, so glad he's finally gone! time to improve our Habs). You want to defend ex-Habs? Defend a Bouillon and a Robidas who gave their hearts out there. Instead of thinking about Andrei and Sergei...you should look on the bright side and look forward to Pacioretty, Price, Subban's 3rd full season, Beaulieu, Tinordi, L Leblanc, Gallagher, Ellis, healthy Gionta, a more experienced Eller, etc...


I'm not anti-Russian, but I don't want that lazy or inconsistent player on our Habs team (Cammalleri 2011-2012 was a lazy useless bum (but loved him in '10 playoffs) ; Renee Bourque...played liked an AHLer for us ; inconsistent and expensive Andrei Kosts can throw hits, but...is way too expensive). Rene Bourque better ****ing play next season, or else other players can move UP and replace him (ex: Gallagher, L.Leblanc).


Not obvious but I'm not a Russian or European hater...I love European style hockey (beautiful/graceful/nice to watch, especially Russian style hockey).

Russians or Europeans I like:
Lidstrom (huge fan of his peaceful/effective/VERY cerebral game)
Zetterberg
Datsyuk
Volchenkov stops pucks with his face (as brave as Gorges, but I love our Gorges more!)
Emelin (let's just hope he shows up in playoffs)
Kovalev (always showed up in playoffs...loved that about him + he was so skilled)
Rinne
Tuukka Rask
Kopitar
AND MANY MORE...I can come back here later to add more!


Russians I don't like:
<Kovalev (huge fan but didn't like it when he didn't always show up in regular season)
<Malakhov (but I loved his style/skating/passing,etc)
<Semin (like his style though)
<Markov (love his cerebral game/passing but can't stand waiting for him with injuries and constant no-shows in playoffs)
<Viktor Kozlov
<Ovechkin (of course we'd take him but wouldn't give up as much as people want to for him...I'd prefer a Parise or a Eric Staal, for examples)
<Kovalchuk (makes a **** load of money...not a leader...the real leader of that team is ZACH PARISE...Lamoriello ****ed up big time by giving Kovalchuk all that money... Brodeur won so many Cups for Lamoriello but never came close to asking for Kovalchuk money).


Last edited by Mr. Hab: 04-22-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 11:14 PM
  #93
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
IF Andrei never complained (or was unhappy) about being on the 3rd line, then I'm wrong. I can't prove it AND you can't prove it either that he never did complain, unless...you were in that dressing room.

My opinion:
without Russians, Swedes, Finns, Slovenians...the NHL would be so boring. So boring.

BTW, Andrei had 24pts this season as a Hab...****ing joke...and you still want to waste your time defending this ex-Hab (turn the page, it's over with Andrei in Mtl...was a waste of time drafting that bum, so glad he's finally gone! time to improve our Habs). You want to defend ex-Habs? Defend a Bouillon and a Robidas who gave their hearts out there. Instead of thinking about Andrei and Sergei...you should look on the bright side and look forward to Pacioretty, Price, Subban's 3rd full season, Beaulieu, Tinordi, L Leblanc, Gallagher, Ellis, healthy Gionta, a more experienced Eller, etc...


I'm not anti-Russian, but I don't want that lazy or inconsistent player on our Habs team (Cammalleri 2011-2012 was a lazy useless bum (but loved him in '10 playoffs) ; Renee Bourque...played liked an AHLer for us ; inconsistent and expensive Andrei Kosts can throw hits, but...is way too expensive). Rene Bourque better ****ing play next season, or else other players can move UP and replace him (ex: Gallagher, L.Leblanc).


Not obvious but I'm not a Russian or European hater...I love European style hockey (beautiful/graceful/nice to watch, especially Russian style hockey).

Russians or Europeans I like:
Lidstrom (huge fan of his peaceful/effective/VERY cerebral game)
Zetterberg
Datsyuk
Volchenkov stops pucks with his face (as brave as Gorges, but I love our Gorges more!)
Emelin (let's just hope he shows up in playoffs)
Kovalev (always showed up in playoffs...loved that about him + he was so skilled)
AND MANY MORE...I can come back here later to add more!

Russians I don't like:
<Kovalev (huge fan but didn't like it when he didn't always show up in regular season)
<Malakhov (but I loved his style/skating/passing,etc)
<Semin (like his style though)
<Markov (love his cerebral game/passing but can't stand waiting for him with injuries and constant no-shows in playoffs)
<Viktor Kozlov
<Ovechkin (of course we'd take him but wouldn't give up as much as people want to for him...I'd prefer a Parise or a Eric Staal, for examples)
<Kovalchuk (makes a **** load of money...not a leader...the real leader of that team is ZACH PARISE...Lamoriello ****ed up big time by giving Kovalchuk all that money... Brodeur won so many Cups for Lamoriello but never came close to asking for Kovalchuk money).
Yeah Andrei complained. Yes he did.
He had 24 points you are right.
Those two things go with each other though.
Andrei Kostitsyn at the moment of the feud was playing 2-3-4-5 minutes a game.
Lol at no parise before ovi.


And instead of calling Andrei a bum..why don't you watch old vids of him grinding in the corners?
Are you from quebec ? i mean the province.
Because it's people like you who swallow all the ******** the media gives that makes us be a dumbass province and always be called idiots or thing like that.
I wish I lived somewhere else

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 11:17 PM
  #94
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy29 View Post
Neither, I miss Cube more than either of them. No hate towards either one, but no team will win with these guys in the top 6. If the Preds win I will eat my words, but not gonna happen.
Don't worry about it...if the Preds win more and more it won't be becuase of Andrei or Sergei...it will be because of Rinne, Weber, Suter, underrated Bouillon, and Hal ''Octopus PK'' Gill (if he comes back?)...Andrei and Sergei are expensive fillers, that's all.

And, same here...I miss Bouillon (Cube)...and I also miss Robidas.

Subban was a 2nd Rnd pick.
Gallagher was a 5th Rnd pick.

So very happy that we were able to get a 2nd Rnd Pick for semi-bust Andrei InKonsistentcy. I was really afraid we'd only get a 3rd Rnd pick which wouldn't be bad either with Timmins as our main scout.

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 11:21 PM
  #95
Mynameismark*
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,149
vCash: 500
Neither one of them. This team needs a new breed of player.

Mynameismark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 11:26 PM
  #96
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Don't worry about it...if the Preds win more and more it won't be becuase of Andrei or Sergei...it will be because of Rinne, Weber, Suter, underrated Bouillon, and Hal ''Octopus PK'' Gill (if he comes back?)...Andrei and Sergei are expensive fillers, that's all.

And, same here...I miss Bouillon (Cube)...and I also miss Robidas.

Subban was a 2nd Rnd pick.
Gallagher was a 5th Rnd pick.

So very happy that we were able to get a 2nd Rnd Pick for semi-bust Andrei InKonsistentcy. I was really afraid we'd only get a 3rd Rnd pick which wouldn't be bad either with Timmins as our main scout.
Tell me, how many of the 5 games have you watched ? Because Sergei and Andrei are both used on the PK and on the PP. AK was in the first shooters in all shootout during the season. Ak is playing with Radulov. Sergei with Erat. Go ask on Nashville board if they find Sergei or Andrei lazy, inconsistent, expensive and what ever you call them. The difference is that back there there a team not individual in a team. Theres a good coach(Best ?) that knows how to use their player and that knows you don't bench players for one bad game or one error.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 11:31 PM
  #97
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Yeah Andrei complained. Yes he did.
He had 24 points you are right.
Those two things go with each other though.
Andrei Kostitsyn at the moment of the feud was playing 2-3-4-5 minutes a game.
Lol at no parise before ovi.


And instead of calling Andrei a bum..why don't you watch old vids of him grinding in the corners?
Are you from quebec ? i mean the province.
Because it's people like you who swallow all the ******** the media gives that makes us be a dumbass province and always be called idiots or thing like that.
I wish I lived somewhere else
BTW, I'm from Montreal (born here). And I sincerely hope you don't go and live somewhere else...there are idiots everywhere anyways!! and also friendly people everywhere). I'm pro Canada, pro Quebec, pro International!! (I'm not into Nationalism at all...too much nationalism breeds racism/ignorance/too much pride aka too much bull-s***... imho). I'm all for english and french living together happily, so I really hope you don't leave Quebec (not sarcasm). Imo, Montreal would be boring if it were only english (Canada already has Toronto and Ottawa for that...*yawn*), and Mtl would be boring imo if it were only french (Quebec already has Quebec City!). I want Montreal to stay as bilingual as possible. You're just an Andrei Kosts fan...I wasn't. Maybe I'm wrong about Andrei but I'm not crying over him (would Andrei take 3mil/year? don't think so...that's all I'd give him, fair price for 24pts with Habs this season).

I would have signed Jagr...I would maybe sign Kovalev to 1yr if price is right.

I don't eat up all the ''french'' thing.
Trust me, I don't. But yes I did like Bouillon and Robidas.
I didn't like TRaverse or Brisebois the dman and they're french Quebecois (but I met Brisebois in person and he was one of the friendliest players I've met...seemed genuine...I'm a Brisbois fan now...more of the person vs dman).

This is not a french or Russian thing, since...
I'd draft Yakupov (Russian).
I'd draft Galchenyuk (American/Belarussian).
I'd draft Dumba...half Filipinio (and half Irish?) Canadian.
IF Timmins slected Grigorenko...I'd support Timmins and try to really like Grigo (but he's not in my top 3).

I don't give a **** about a player's nationality...french Quebecois, Irish Canadian, Slovenian , Russian, Filipino (Filipino hockey player? what?!), Japanese player...I just want winners. If you can help our Habs please play for us!


Last edited by Mr. Hab: 04-22-2012 at 11:56 PM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 11:39 PM
  #98
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
 
Mrb1p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Citizen of the world
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
BTW, I'm from Montreal. And I hope you don;t go and live somewhere else...I'm pro Quebec, pro Canada. I'm all for englsih and french living together happily, so I really hope you don't leave Quebec (not sarcasm). You're just an Andrei Kosts fan...I wasn't.

I would have signed Jagr...I would maybe sign Kovalev to 1yr if price is right.

I don't eat up all the ''french'' thing.
Trust me, I don't. But yes I did like Bouillon and Robidas.
I didn't like TRaverse or Brisebois the dman and they're french Quebecois (but I met Brisebois in person and he was one of the friendliest players I've met...seemed genuine...I'm a Brisbois fan now...more of the person vs dman).

This is not a french or Russian thing, since...
I'd draft Yakupov (Russian).
I'd draft Galchenyuk (American/Belarussian).
I'd draft Dumba...half Filipinio (and half Irish?) Canadian.
IF Timmins slected Grigorenko...I'd support Timmins and try to really like Grigo (but he's not in my top 3).

I don't give a **** about a player's nationality...french Quebecois, Irish Canadian, Slovenian , Russian, Filipino (Filipino hockey player? what?!), Japanese player...I just want winners. If you can help our Habs please play for us!
Well AK is actually the kind of depth winner a team needs to be a winning team.

WORD.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 11:44 PM
  #99
Ohashi_Jouzu
Registered User
 
Ohashi_Jouzu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Halifax
Country: Japan
Posts: 24,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
IF Andrei never complained (or was unhappy) about being on the 3rd line, then I'm wrong. I can't prove it AND you can't prove it either that he never did complain, unless...you were in that dressing room.
Um... yeah, we sort of can, actually. How many times has A.Kost been bumped down to the 3rd line (or lower) over the past couple of years? Many, right? We're all familiar with Martin's line juggling, I assume, and A.Kost's several trips to "the doghouse". So how is it, then, that just this season - not the only season A.Kost has been bumped to the 3rd line, mind you - he said he'd still be willing to extend with the Habs for lower than "market value"?

I mean, why even bother speculating as to whether or not he may have complained to his diary about it or not? He was public about being willing to stay in Montreal, "despite" how he has been used in the past, so what else do you really need to know on the subject?

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 11:53 PM
  #100
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500


If there was an option for "Neither", it would likely be ahead by now!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.