HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Wild-Less Playoff Discussion Thread (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

vCash: 405
Damn, whiffed on a chance to end it right there.

Old
04-22-2012, 10:50 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

Woah.... Vanny almost had it there, I barely saw what happened.

Old
04-22-2012, 10:52 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

Wow, Raymond finishes that wraparound and Vanny wins it, Mitchell elevates that puck a bit better and LA ends it.

Old
04-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

YES!!!

YES!!!

KINGS WIN!!!

KINGS WIN!!

YES!!!

YES!!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x

Old
04-22-2012, 10:54 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

vCash: 500
YYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAAH

Old
04-22-2012, 10:54 PM
melinko

What a crazy OT.

Old
04-22-2012, 10:55 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Jagged got pwned!!!!

CONGRATS KINGS!!!!!

Old
04-22-2012, 10:55 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1000

Old
04-22-2012, 10:56 PM
State of Hockey

Great. Another boring Western team moves on.

Only Chicago is left.

Old
04-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Minnesota
Global Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by State of Hockey View Post

Only Chicago is left.
Down with Chicago!

Old
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:

Only Chicago is left.

Old
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Hooray!!!

Old
04-22-2012, 10:58 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

Quote:

Only Chicago is left.
Shut your piehole!

VANNY CHOKES IN ROUND ONE!!

Substitute Christmas comes in April this year instead of June!

SO HAPPY!!!!

Old
04-22-2012, 11:03 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

What's the difference between the Wild and the President's Trophy winner? The PTW's won one playoff game this year.

Old
04-22-2012, 11:18 PM
melinko

I can't wait to see what they do with Schneider, will be an interesting off-season.

Old
04-22-2012, 11:21 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by melinko View Post
I can't wait to see what they do with Schneider, will be an interesting off-season.
If they were smart, they'd keep him. But chances are they won't be able to dish out Luongo's contract....at least to a team that he'll agree to waive his NTC for.

I can see Vancouver going after Nash by offering up one of their goalies. They won't keep both guys. But Luongo's time is running out, so I can't seem him agreeing to go to Columbus for Nash. Vancouver may be making big changes this year. Sure, they coasted to the playoffs. But they did so in a weak division and only won ONE freaking playoff game this spring. That's a fail of epic proportions.

When the new divisions are created, the Nucks could be in a heap of trouble dealing with the Kings, Ducks, and Sharks on a nightly basis.

We're starting to see a shift in power in the league. Last year was probably their best chance. They blew it.

Old
04-22-2012, 11:26 PM
melinko

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL1674 View Post
If they were smart, they'd keep him. But chances are they won't be able to dish out Luongo's contract....at least to a team that he'll agree to waive his NTC for.

I can see Vancouver going after Nash by offering up one of their goalies. They won't keep both guys. But Luongo's time is running out, so I can't seem him agreeing to go to Columbus for Nash. Vancouver may be making big changes this year. Sure, they coasted to the playoffs. But they did so in a weak division and only won ONE freaking playoff game this spring. That's a fail of epic proportions.
I think everyone can agree that it would be best to dump Luongo, I just don't see how they can do it.

Hes either going to be traded for nothing, benched or they will make a mistake and trade Schneider.

They are in a no-win situation imo.

Old
04-22-2012, 11:33 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

Quote:

When the new divisions are created, the Nucks could be in a heap of trouble dealing with the Kings, Ducks, and Sharks on a nightly basis.

We're starting to see a shift in power in the league. Last year was probably their best chance. They blew it.
To me it depends on how fed up Luongo is with being the teams designated goat. If he is completely fed up and just wants to be a starter somewhere that wants him, I could see him waiving his NTC to go to a no-name team like Columbus if that's the only team willing to trade for him.

Old
04-22-2012, 11:38 PM
NHL1674
Whatever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
To me it depends on how fed up Luongo is with being the teams designated goat. If he is completely fed up and just wants to be a starter somewhere that wants him, I could see him waiving his NTC to go to a no-name team like Columbus if that's the only team willing to trade for him.
Yeah, but consider how long his contract is. Now look at how "well" the Jackets have done in their 10-12 years? He'd be risking playing a good portion of his time left in the league on a team that may not sniff the playoffs for a long time. It's the same reason why I can't see Parise and Suter signing here. We have some ways to go yet. But Columbus is a pure train wreck.

If he had a shorter contract, then maybe he'd be fine with it. But it's too dang long. He'd be in the same boat as Carter was....wanting out in a hurry.

Old
04-22-2012, 11:49 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

Quote:
Yeah, but consider how long his contract is. Now look at how "well" the Jackets have done in their 10-12 years? He'd be risking playing a good portion of his time left in the league on a team that may not sniff the playoffs for a long time. It's the same reason why I can't see Parise and Suter signing here. We have some ways to go yet. But Columbus is a pure train wreck.

If he had a shorter contract, then maybe he'd be fine with it. But it's too dang long. He'd be in the same boat as Carter was....wanting out in a hurry.
The difference between Nash and Luongo is that Luongo is considered "damaged", so there may not be many teams in the league willing to take a chance on him. He is an amazing regular season goalie and it would be a very significant upgrade compared to the cast of rotating nobodies Columbus has now. It's not too much of a stretch to think that if he gets traded to the Jackets, the Jackets are a playoff team in a rather short time as long as they can assemble a competent group in front of him.

And once he gets the the playoffs, he may finally find his groove because no one would expect Columbus to get past the first round, or even win many games. There would be very little pressure for Luongo in such a situation and that could be exactly what he might want after being benched for games 3, 4, and 5 of this series, and being the goat that's taken the blame for Vancouvers last couple of postseason failures.

Old
04-23-2012, 12:12 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Honestly, this playoff series, Luongo was the better goalie. He's on an absolutely horrendous contract, and the fans have made him the goat, but he has been the better goaltender for the team. Half of the "amazing saves" that Schneider had to make never happen if he doesn't get out of position/misread the play/give up such a huge rebound. As huge of a Luongo critic as I am, he's a better goalie than Schneider.

But that contract...is almost as bad as his reputation in Vancouver. He has the NTC and he controls much of his future. There's really no way for the 'Nucks to come out ahead on any deal because Bobby Lou won't even get a chance to pull a Price in the event of a Schneider trade.

Old
04-23-2012, 12:15 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
The difference between Nash and Luongo is that Luongo is considered "damaged", so there may not be many teams in the league willing to take a chance on him. He is an amazing regular season goalie and it would be a very significant upgrade compared to the cast of rotating nobodies Columbus has now. It's not too much of a stretch to think that if he gets traded to the Jackets, the Jackets are a playoff team in a rather short time as long as they can assemble a competent group in front of him.

And once he gets the the playoffs, he may finally find his groove because no one would expect Columbus to get past the first round, or even win many games. There would be very little pressure for Luongo in such a situation and that could be exactly what he might want after being benched for games 3, 4, and 5 of this series, and being the goat that's taken the blame for Vancouvers last couple of postseason failures.
Columbus's finances might prohibit Luongo's contract. I guess that $10MM year is already paid for, but I don't know if Columbus can handle a contract that pays more than the cap hit.

More likely, a team like Tampa might be willing to make a play for him. Or maybe the Islanders could package some quality with DiPiet...oh god, I almost typed that all out without laughing.

Old
04-23-2012, 12:49 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

If I'm a betting man, I'd say Yzerman trades for Luongo for one of the later 1sts that he managed to pick up this year.

Old
04-23-2012, 03:57 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
If I'm a betting man, I'd say Yzerman trades for Luongo for one of the later 1sts that he managed to pick up this year.
Thats an idea.

Old
04-23-2012, 07:10 PM
Avder
Life Happens.*shrug*

Allright, lets see if the Sens have got what it takes to knock out the rags.

GO SENS GO!

Closed Thread