HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XI

Closed Thread

Old
04-22-2012, 04:08 PM
Langway
Intangibles

vCash: 500
Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XI

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1121015

Old
04-22-2012, 06:52 PM
sunnydaycrash

Let me be the 1st........DO NOT RE-SIGN WIDEMAN!

Old
04-22-2012, 09:26 PM
Halpysback

Troll everyone and sign Justin Schultz somehow.

Then force him to wear a #55 jersey so it feels like Jeff Schultz took 10 steps forward.

PROGRESS!!!

Obviously in this scenario THE REAL JEFF SCHULTZ has been eaten by bears

Old
04-22-2012, 09:27 PM
NeilYoung

I don't really know why'd he'd sign here, Edmonton makes sense in my mind.

Old
04-22-2012, 10:24 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
Let me be the 1st........DO NOT RE-SIGN WIDEMAN!
I'm fairly confident that we will not make that horrible re-signing. I am also fairly confident that we will make two worse re-signings.

Old
04-22-2012, 10:25 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
I'm fairly confident that we will not make that horrible re-signing. I am also fairly confident that we will make two worse re-signings.
semin and green...let the hate go on

Old
04-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
There isn't anyone we could resign that's worse than Wideman.

Old
04-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
There isn't anyone we could resign that's worse than Wideman.

True. And he seems like a good guy...I just cannot stand his game.

Old
04-22-2012, 10:39 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
True. And he seems like a good guy...I just cannot stand his game.
hunter likes him. caps win g7 and i bet they both stay

Old
04-23-2012, 12:00 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

So who are the 2nd centers that are attainable in the off season?

Pavelski? Kesler? Statsny?

Only decent UFA is Wellwood. Or if you take the risk Jokinen, his current cap hit is 3 mil.

Old
04-23-2012, 12:20 AM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
So who are the 2nd centers that are attainable in the off season?

Pavelski? Kesler? Statsny?

Only decent UFA is Wellwood. Or if you take the risk Jokinen, his current cap hit is 3 mil.
Jokinen? No. No. No.

Just no.

Old
04-23-2012, 12:37 AM
Halpysback

Plekanec would probably be more attainable than either of those and we should stay the hell away from Stastny. Plekanec probably fits better than Pavelski simply based on speed and defensive play. Pretty much all our best plays came from speed. Having a gamebreaking speedy line such as Johansson-Plekanec-Semin may be totally worth it. Maybe turn Johansson into Kulemin on it to add more grit and board battle ability.

Send Laich the other way, sign Kelly to replace him, get Tyutin for something around Neuvirth if Columbus goes after Murray. Assuming we can't get Suter of course.

Old
04-23-2012, 01:13 AM
Carlzner

Dennis Wideman is like that TV Show Whitney. (For sake of comparison, ill talk about Whitney in the present tense, even though it's been canceled AFAIK.)

It sucks and has poor ratings, yet gets time from [NBC/Dale Hunter] on the [Powerplay/NBC Thusday Lineup] over more a much more proven, popular show like [Community/Mike Green.]

Old
04-23-2012, 01:20 AM
Capathetic

Soo with edm set to pick Yakupov first...im seeing threads where they seem to think were just going to hand kuznetsov over to them for cheap. They say hes just what they need and the chemestry with yak is a bonus.

Old
04-23-2012, 04:35 AM
C-A-P-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubynj View Post
Soo with edm set to pick Yakupov first...im seeing threads where they seem to think were just going to hand kuznetsov over to them for cheap. They say hes just what they need and the chemestry with yak is a bonus.
And that's why that stuff is on message boards and not in the news...because its not going to happen.

If Kuznetsov comes to the NHL it will be in DC.

Old
04-23-2012, 05:16 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Plekanec would probably be more attainable than either of those and we should stay the hell away from Stastny. Plekanec probably fits better than Pavelski simply based on speed and defensive play. Pretty much all our best plays came from speed. Having a gamebreaking speedy line such as Johansson-Plekanec-Semin may be totally worth it. Maybe turn Johansson into Kulemin on it to add more grit and board battle ability.

Send Laich the other way, sign Kelly to replace him, get Tyutin for something around Neuvirth if Columbus goes after Murray. Assuming we can't get Suter of course.
Whats wrong with Statsny?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Dennis Wideman is like that TV Show Whitney. (For sake of comparison, ill talk about Whitney in the present tense, even though it's been canceled AFAIK.)

It sucks and has poor ratings, yet gets time from [NBC/Dale Hunter] on the [Powerplay/NBC Thusday Lineup] over more a much more proven, popular show like [Community/Mike Green.]
Community is ****ing gay and has lower ratings than Whitney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubynj View Post
LOL Really?

Old
04-23-2012, 07:57 AM
Capsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
semin and green...let the hate go on
Fortunately GMGM is smart enough not to get sucked into the Semin and Green hate some people around here have. I would resign Semin to his current salary in a heartbeat. And these playoffs have done nothing to prove me wrong. As for Green, coming off a concussion and playing in a relatively new system, I'm more than happy to see how things go next year. He looks like he is starting to get his legs back. I'm pretty sure that Dale will be back, and hopefully with more time in the system kinks will be worked out. I also figure that Dale will be a better coach next season with some experience.

After the hurt of last night, I have prepared myself emotionally for a loss. Sure we can win, but if we lose I'm still excited about the future. Our big guns are still young, our defense is young and improving, I fully expect MJ to improve, Kuznetsov looks like he will be a stud, and we have two middle first round picks.

Old
04-23-2012, 09:14 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by californiacapsfan View Post
Jokinen? No. No. No.

Just no.
We've been over this before, but there's nothing wrong with Jokinen. He quit booze. Unless there's a problem with having a two-way 2C that's as durable as any player in the sport who's been a 50+ point producer every season since 2002-03.

Old
04-23-2012, 09:15 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Semin and Green are NOT worse re-signings than Wideman. Not even close.

Old
04-23-2012, 09:28 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

I think Pavelski is a very realistic target. Sharks are in the salary cap trouble if they want to make a big signing (they have almost 9M and 9 guys to sign to fill out the 23-man roster), they might want to make some kind of a re-tool so Pavelski could be available.

Old
04-23-2012, 09:40 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post

This

Holtby has earned the number 1 spot imho

Need a vet to back him up, I would even consider a resign of TV at his current salary but that groin injury at his age is a major concern. Besides TV's family is still in Florida so I wouldn't be surprised that he returns to the Sunshine state even as a backup say with TB.

Please get Jeff Schultz out of here as well.

I don't know the d-man situation at Hershey that well and it appears Wey might stay another year at BC, but do we have anyone in the system at defense that might show their mug in D.C. at some point next year?

Old
04-23-2012, 10:00 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Semin and Green are NOT worse re-signings than Wideman. Not even close.
Depends on how you feel about Green I guess. Is project 40 games played and maybe ten points. That's pretty brutal for $5.25.

Semin is a $7 million crapshoot. Will he score 50 points or 100? There's pretty much even odds on those two outcomes.

Old
04-23-2012, 10:07 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Depends on how you feel about Green I guess. Is project 40 games played and maybe ten points. That's pretty brutal for $5.25.

Semin is a $7 million crapshoot. Will he score 50 points or 100? There's pretty much even odds on those two outcomes.
Wideman is in the same boat, no? I mean, are we getting All-Star Wideman or are we getting "directly responsible for more goals allowed than goals scored" Wideman?

Old
04-23-2012, 10:12 AM
BobRouse

IF Hunter returns and we are dedicated to playing conservative trapping hockey then I say its a bigger chance we resign Wideman and say goodbye to Green. Certainly looks that way based on the trust level the coach has w each player.

Old
04-23-2012, 10:15 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Well I was finally able to watch some of the game yesterday, first action Ive gotten to see since being back. Uggg. Talk about a predictable ending.

I really don't want to watch Wednesday, but I likely will.

Closed Thread