Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mitchell to DAL

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2006, 04:52 AM
Chrisd

vCash: 500
you don't need to be a great d man to fit in here...being a top pairing here means little honestly....unless your a redden/chara...

guys just plug in....

mitchell plugged in.....

Like I said i won't say he sucks but i won't say he's great either...he's a #3 or #4 type...with no offense and good physical play.

Is he worth what he thinks he is...hell no 3.5 lmao.... we offered him 2.9 mill a year for 4 years...im glad he turned it down.

there will be 20+ free agent Dmen better then him in UFA this year.

Old
03-10-2006, 05:34 AM
vitogor

The more I think about this deal the more I like it. My only question is, who is our physical presence on the blue line now? Kuba?

Old
03-10-2006, 05:49 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Oilers' 14/15 Season

I had the pleasure of watching Shawn Belle as a young man playing in Edm. This kid is dynamite and you're love him, he skates like the wind.

Old
03-10-2006, 06:51 AM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
Mitchell was a top pairing defenseman for you guys. Way to talk down on him after he left. Any team would like a player of Mitchell's calibre to be their 3rd best defenseman. IMO Mitchell is better than Daley, Niinimaa, Klemm and Robidas, though inferiour to Boucher and Zubov.
In my defense, I've been known to talk down on him when he was here. The guy, in my opinion, is prone to making bad decisions. Goals-against type decisions.
Now, maybe that doesn't matter as much for you guys, because you've got the better Dmen to be out there when it counts the most. Whatever happens, I'm sure he'll be popular there, and if the fans were down on Skoula this trade is a big win for the fanbase.

Old
03-10-2006, 08:53 AM
Bookman

vCash: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ott = Snott
Mitchell was a top pairing defenseman for you guys. Way to talk down on him after he left. Any team would like a player of Mitchell's calibre to be their 3rd best defenseman. IMO Mitchell is better than Daley, Niinimaa, Klemm and Robidas, though inferiour to Boucher and Zubov.
I think you put Willie right where he belongs, #3 on a good team.

After reading the details of the trade in the papers this morning, I'm glad the Wild traded greedy Willie Mitchell. The Wild made him a pretty sweet offer, 4 years for about 12 million. Mitchell wanted 14 million. The article in the Star-Trib made it sound like Wille wanted to test the free agent waters regardless, so best of luck to him.

I like this quote in particular:

"With 30-40 top-four defensemen available this summer, Lynn said the team plans to spend 'Mitchell's money' on a top-end replacement."

Much better way to spend the money I think. This gives the Wild the money to chase a real #1 defenseman, as opposed toa number 3 in the role of #1.

By the way, I'd guess there is 0 chance Mitchell will end up back in Minny.

Old
03-10-2006, 02:40 PM
vitogor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman

By the way, I'd guess there is 0 chance Mitchell will end up back in Minny.
Only if he falls flat on his face in Dallas and his value drops significantly.

Old
03-10-2006, 06:08 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by #16

or if his agent stays in his ear

Old
03-10-2006, 07:37 PM
acr*

Skoula has Puck Poise. Minnesota wins.

Old
03-11-2006, 07:35 AM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
Quote:
Before heading off to Vancouver to join up with the Stars, defenseman Willie Mitchell left a message to his former Minnesota Wild teammates on the team's dressing room board.

"Boys, thanks for all the good times. See you soon in Dallas."

http://www.andrewsstarspage.com/Prem...10-06story.htm

Old
03-11-2006, 10:16 AM
Wild Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by #16
I don't know. I don't think he needs to fall on his face for his value to drop to around $2.5, because I think that's already where his value is. He just doesn't seem to realize that. Maybe once free agency starts, and the defensemen are lined up begging for jobs like homeless people outside a food shelf, he might figure out that the Wild's offer was a pretty good one. If he can swallow his pride, and if the Wild leave that offer on the table, I think there's a pretty good chance he winds up back here. I'd be absolutely amazed if anyone offers him anything close to $3.5 once the market is flooded with defensemen; his bargaining position is only going to get weaker come summer.

Old
03-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Owen
Roster Guru

Send a message via ICQ to Owen
So who takes over the A for Mitchell?

Old
03-11-2006, 02:11 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolJay28
So who takes over the A for Mitchell?

im guessing someone like Dupuis maybe or Walz

Old
03-11-2006, 02:21 PM
Owen
Roster Guru

Doesn't Walz already have an A?

Old
03-11-2006, 02:25 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Walz and Rolston got permanent A's

Old
03-11-2006, 02:29 PM
Owen
Roster Guru

Now I'm really confused... I thought Rolston was captain.... Kuba?

Old
03-11-2006, 03:24 PM
Just Joshin'

I was reading an article about the Mitchell trade (3/10 Pioneer Press-Tom Powers) that said "Three days ago, he (Risebrough) attempted to package Roloson and Mitchell and trade them to a Western Conference team for a 19-year old defense prospect. No dice. He tried again near the deadline, offering Mitchell and the No. 1 draft pick he received from Edmonton the day before. Nothing doing."

I've been trying to figure out who they were going after. Did anybody hear who the Wild were trying to get?

Old
03-11-2006, 05:20 PM
Superfluous U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Joshin'
I was reading an article about the Mitchell trade (3/10 Pioneer Press-Tom Powers) that said "Three days ago, he (Risebrough) attempted to package Roloson and Mitchell and trade them to a Western Conference team for a 19-year old defense prospect. No dice. He tried again near the deadline, offering Mitchell and the No. 1 draft pick he received from Edmonton the day before. Nothing doing."

I've been trying to figure out who they were going after. Did anybody hear who the Wild were trying to get?
Just as a random guess, I'd say Bourdon. He's 19, and it makes sense to offer something like that to Vancouver.

Old
03-11-2006, 09:36 PM
Laches

I think both Mitchell and the Wild may come to regret what was kind of an ugly divorce with this trade.

I think Mitchell is going to be sorely disappointed in what he'll command in the open market. I don't think the offers he gets this summer will be much better than the one he turned down from the Wild, and they may well not even be as good.

For the Wild's perspective, yes, they can spend that money on another d-man. But, whether they can find one who will give them what Mitchell did remains to be seen. Granted, he's not what you'd call a Norris-caliber defenseman, but he's a workhorse and a leader, logging a lot of hard minutes playing against the opposition's top lines every night. His departure makes the Wild a lot easier to play against.

Old
03-11-2006, 10:04 PM
Wild Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laches
Granted, he's not what you'd call a Norris-caliber defenseman, but he's a workhorse and a leader, logging a lot of hard minutes playing against the opposition's top lines every night. His departure makes the Wild a lot easier to play against.
I completely agree. I doubt anybody offers Willie any more than 2 million or 2.5 at the most. The Wild could probably come down a half million and still have the best offer of the bunch. If Willie can get over his ruffled feathers sometime over the next few months, he could very well wind up back here after all - and I'd be damned glad to have him, as long as the price is reasonable.

Old
03-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Starsdude

Mitchell was good in his first game as a star. That said the stars will not give him 3+ million with Arnott still unsigned. Armstrong , the GM , said this is a trade for this year.

Old
03-12-2006, 09:57 PM
Bookman

vCash: 728
3 million is a lot with the cap to consider. You folks may be right.

Closed Thread