HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

John Scott

Old
04-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Orr Nightmare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
Come on bro,you know how the board will respond to that...How would Scott stop Neil from hitting Boyle while sitting on the bench all game? Anyone who doesn't see the series turned when Zenon and Carks were put in are dumb and blind...They take shots at every chance they get...To me it looks like were playing scared...We definetly arent scoring any goals for Hank maybe because they're all wondering when Neil is gonna cream them.
I don't know what is more sad...knowing that we have this guy and he is not playing while are guys are getting man handled, the Garden being dead silent in a 1-0, instead of knocking the roof of the place...like they do in Ottawa or coming on this board and reading all the ********!

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 11:18 AM
Fleury4ever

Scott should play because the Rangers can't lose without extracting payback. If it's the wild west, then so be it. Nuke 'em. I'm not sure anything could happen to Neil or Carkner that I would be upset with at this point.

Fleury4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 11:58 AM
segmentation fault

Yeah idgaf anymore goon it up.

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 12:42 PM
gaels22

that carkner play on boyle neutered us. for a team that led the league in fights we are playing scared. we're really going to let neil challenge callahan? smith challenge del zotto? dress scott, take the penalty, and kill it off.

gaels22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 01:19 PM
gardenparty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
I don't know what is more sad...knowing that we have this guy and he is not playing while are guys are getting man handled, the Garden being dead silent in a 1-0, instead of knocking the roof of the place...like they do in Ottawa or coming on this board and reading all the ********!
Can I vote "All Of The Above?" 5 reasons we should dress John Scott in Game 6:

1) His presence in the lineup will give us the swagger and mojo we've been missing
2) NHL "code" dictates that there WILL be a 1st period major to answer to the Boyle concussion. Count on it. Scott with either Neil, Carkner or Konopka I am fine with. Besides, Rupp and Prust have been making the most of their shifts. They can still fight if things get ugly.
3) Yes, John Scott is a slow skater but he's NOT the liability everyone seems to be making him out to be. In 73 games with Chicago, he was +1 and a fan favorite. How he can generate so much criticism and negativity when he's played all of about 9 shifts with the Rangers leaves me nonplussed.
4) Park him in front of the Sens' net and watch their D expend all their energy trying to get him out of Anderson's way
5) We've got nothing to lose at this point

gardenparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 01:44 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenparty View Post

1) His presence in the lineup will give us the swagger and mojo we've been missing
2) NHL "code" dictates that there WILL be a 1st period major to answer to the Boyle concussion. Count on it. Scott with either Neil, Carkner or Konopka I am fine with. Besides, Rupp and Prust have been making the most of their shifts. They can still fight if things get ugly.
3) Yes, John Scott is a slow skater but he's NOT the liability everyone seems to be making him out to be. In 73 games with Chicago, he was +1 and a fan favorite. How he can generate so much criticism and negativity when he's played all of about 9 shifts with the Rangers leaves me nonplussed.
4) Park him in front of the Sens' net and watch their D expend all their energy trying to get him out of Anderson's way
Torts missed the boat...he should have played him in game 4...he didn't and now he wont...Hag's comes in...Mitchell out.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 01:55 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomE View Post
he brings more than Kreider
:s hakehead

No, on not a fair question until Torts takes off the shackles.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 02:01 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenparty View Post

We have got a lot to lose, but with Boyle definitely out for game 6 there is spot for him; ? is are we better off with his toughness on a 4th line and additionally, or do we dress a better skater?

I think given the alternative is Mitchell who has a little more zip initially but is now essentially minimally adequate, and given I see Scott ok on 4th line, I give him game 6. We win, if Boyle feels up to it (don't rush him back), Boyle in for Scott game 7.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 02:40 PM
Baby Punisher

If we lose this series I think not playin Scott in game 3 & 4 will be the thing that I will dwell on the most.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:39 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
Though I respect your opinion and agree with the rest of your post, your goaltender comment is complete trash. Shame on those blaming anything on the one constant weve had since Leetch.
I'm not blaming Hank; just stating a fact about Parent who's one of the all-time greats and always came up big in the clutch. It's unfortunate that Hank is saddled with an underperforming weak ass team behind him!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 08:36 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
We have got a lot to lose, but with Boyle definitely out for game 6 there is spot for him; ? is are we better off with his toughness on a 4th line and additionally, or do we dress a better skater?

I think given the alternative is Mitchell who has a little more zip initially but is now essentially minimally adequate, and given I see Scott ok on 4th line, I give him game 6. We win, if Boyle feels up to it (don't rush him back), Boyle in for Scott game 7.
If Kreider is in the lineup I would sit Mitchell for Scott. Mitchell hasn't done much lately.

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:00 PM
Mrpuck

Scott should have been playing. Even if it's 3-4 minutes at most.
I think it would have done wonders to send him out there opposite Neil and take a 2min penalty or even the 5 min that Carkner did early in this series when Neil started his ****.

Funny most people here hate Avery, but he is Neil lite. And I think would have helped out tremendously in this series even if only on the 3rd or 4th line. He sure as hell would have been better than Mitchell.
Oh well, that's all on Torts if we don't find a way to come out of this series.

Mrpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:08 PM
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM

I mean, at this point Mitchell has shown us nothing.

I would not be opposed to putting Scott in there, and go after Neil.

But can we afford to allow a goal on a major?? I know it's an unwritten rule that it should happen, but could we afford a goal early on?

BigDaddyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 10:16 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpuck View Post
Scott should have been playing. Even if it's 3-4 minutes at most.
I think it would have done wonders to send him out there opposite Neil and take a 2min penalty or even the 5 min that Carkner did early in this series when Neil started his ****.

Funny most people here hate Avery, but he is Neil lite. And I think would have helped out tremendously in this series even if only on the 3rd or 4th line. He sure as hell would have been better than Mitchell.
Oh well, that's all on Torts if we don't find a way to come out of this series.
Avery seems like pretty big **** in the locker room.

It wasn't his play that sent him packing.

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 11:06 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
This board is a absolute joke!!! not many understand the importance of not being bullied and most importantly on home ice in front of your fans.. Scott taking the extra 2 mins in a fight with Carkner or Neil is nothing compared to the impact of watching the ultimate team guy like Boyle laying on the ice with a season ending head injury. The Nhl allows fighting and thus having one that is the best at it is a major factor. Neil is a ******* that has gone unchallenged by anyone on this roster that alone makes me sick but add in the injury and the fact he won a game in Ot makes me want to puke.. 95% of the people on this board are so passive and hippie like it hurts. what next 2 hand touch in the NFL because the collisions are to violent ? Now the Rangers get knocked out and we have to sit here and hope Boyle is ok for next year and I know Neil could and may have thrown that hit anyway but Scott running Spezza and getting suspended wouldn't hurt the Rangers at all.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 11:44 PM
trilobyte

Teams need role players to handle guys like Neil and Konopka. I thought Rupp and Prust were going to be doing that. The Senators just figure they`ve got it made now when it comes that end of things.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:15 AM
Mrpuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface NYR* View Post
Avery seems like pretty big **** in the locker room.

It wasn't his play that sent him packing.
It was Torts not liking him that sent him packing.
All the quotes, tweets, and reports were he was well liked in the locker room. And is in fact close buddies with most of them.

Old
04-23-2012, 12:16 AM
Mrpuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
This board is a absolute joke!!! not many understand the importance of not being bullied and most importantly on home ice in front of your fans.. Scott taking the extra 2 mins in a fight with Carkner or Neil is nothing compared to the impact of watching the ultimate team guy like Boyle laying on the ice with a season ending head injury. The Nhl allows fighting and thus having one that is the best at it is a major factor. Neil is a ******* that has gone unchallenged by anyone on this roster that alone makes me sick but add in the injury and the fact he won a game in Ot makes me want to puke.. 95% of the people on this board are so passive and hippie like it hurts. what next 2 hand touch in the NFL because the collisions are to violent ? Now the Rangers get knocked out and we have to sit here and hope Boyle is ok for next year and I know Neil could and may have thrown that hit anyway but Scott running Spezza and getting suspended wouldn't hurt the Rangers at all.
Pretty much exactly this ^^^^

Not sure many of you have watched it, and it is a comedy so to speak. But pick up the movie "Goon" one day. It follows the same thought of what enforcers are supposed to be for.

Old
04-23-2012, 12:20 AM
wafflepadsave

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Teams need role players to handle guys like Neil and Konopka. I thought Rupp and Prust were going to be doing that. The Senators just figure they`ve got it made now when it comes that end of things.
They been told not to fight.

wafflepadsave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:30 AM
trilobyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafflepadsave View Post
They been told not to fight.
No doubt, you are correct. This all has to do with adjusting to what is at hand, or not.
But, it`s not just about fighting, the Senators players should be taunted and goaded into snapping and doing something that hurts their team. It`s the playoffs, and pushback is needed.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:43 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomE View Post
he brings more than Kreider
Kreider's been getting some scoring chances. If and when he relaxes a little bit he's going to net his first goal...he's come close at least once in each game.

One of Scotts last game's played before going on an extended streak as a healthy scratch was against the Sens in Ottawa...I was there. John Mitchell sprung him for a breakaway and Scott's attempt was worse than what I've seen in some middle of the road men's leagues. He looked like he was close to falling over his own feet and shot it right into Ben Bishop's pads for an easy save.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:45 AM
XLJ

Looking back Scott should of been in game 4 when Carkner returned. What Carkner did to Boyle should of not went unanswered.

Sather keeps trading for and signing enforcers but Torts doesn't use them. They are just wasting cap space and draft picks. Sather and Torts need to get on the same page. Either use them or stop acquiring them.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:46 AM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
If anything has become evident in the post-lockout era, it's that having someone like Scott in the lineup does not prevent the type of things like the Boyle concussion at all. 0 percent. Maybe it's the instigator rule, maybe not, but there have been plenty of hits that were much worse and much more blatently dirty than the Neil on Boyle hit with players similar to John Scott in the lineup. It didn't prevent them; and the players didn't have to answer afterwards.

And coaches aren't stupid. Why would they dress Scott and have a player you probably would put on the ice for four minutes of ice time when you could dress Kreider who could eat more ice time and can actually take a few shifts in overtime should the game go on for an extended period of time.

The last thing we need is a double OT game where Torts is forced to shorten his bench more than he already does because we dressed Scott to try and make some stupid statement.

Old
04-23-2012, 12:49 AM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Looking back Scott should of been in game 4 when Carkner returned. What Carkner did to Boyle should of not went unanswered.

Sather keeps trading for and signing tough guys but Torts doesn't use them. They are just wasting cap space and draft picks. Sather and Torts need to get on the same page. Either use them or stop acquiring them.
What Carkner did to Boyle is childish. All you had to do was look at Boyle's reaction when the dust settled a little bit. Not only was he laughing it off when they sent Carkner off the ice, he came back that game and scored a goal.

I don't feel like it bothered the Rangers as much as it energized the Senators. I don't feel that a number one seed that hasn't really fed off thuggery like that all year save perhaps the incident against New Jersey where the game opened with a line brawl.

The Rangers need to focus on sticking to their game. If they want to go out and try to answer to something as stupid as what Carkner did, they're not going to succeed, and they're actually going to look a lot worse.

Old
04-23-2012, 01:18 AM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Damn I wish the BoogieMan was around for these games!

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote