HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

ECQF #6| Apr. 22, 2012|Penguins at Flyers

Old
04-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Mike the Situation

vCash: 500
Really happy they got it done in game 6. Im not gonna lie had this series gone 7 I just cant see a way the flyers would have won. Consol would be going crazy and Pitt would have had ALL the momentum.

I will never take any team lightly, nor look past anyone, but I believe the flyers can beat any team in the east and make it back to the SCF. Lets hope it happens!!!

Mike the Situation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 11:25 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

ugh....just watching NHL Network and the post game interviews with the Penguins...all Crosby and Kunitz kept saying was that they didn't get the "bounces" and that we basically did...LOL! Crosby even suggested we came back from 3-0 and they couldn't b/c we got the "bounces."

Not only are they shameless when it comes to headshots but they refuse to give credit to the Flyers at all. But not surprise from a bunch of sore loser children...

Have fun on the golf course..hope you get your bounces!

BTW: They were so wrong they didn't get the bounces..they got the biggest bounce of them all....right out of the series!

Last edited by FreshPerspective: 04-22-2012 at 11:36 PM.
FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 11:40 PM
Go For It

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
ugh....just watching NHL Network and the post game interviews with the Penguins...all Crosby and Kunitz kept saying was that they didn't get the "bounces" and that we basically did...LOL! Crosby even suggested we came back from 3-0 and they couldn't b/c we got the "bounces."

Not only are they shameless when it comes to headshots but they refuse to give credit to the Flyers at all. But not surprise from a bunch of sore loser children...

Have fun on the golf course..hope you get your bounces!

BTW: They were so wrong they didn't get the bounces..they got the biggest bounce of them all....right out of the series!
Really? It's the cliche answer. You're looking into this way too much.

Go For It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 11:43 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Well, just got home after a long day of driving. This freaking rain sucks. I didn't care a bit though, because that game was fantastic. I'm exhausted so I don't have anything profound to say, except this:

Claude. Giroux.

04-22-2012, 11:44 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Nope..I'm lookin at a team of sore losers that resorts to cliches. They didn't give any credit whatsoever to the Flyers..it was all luck I guess..not our PP shredding them or this team preservering after all the cheap shots and injuries.

Old
04-22-2012, 11:57 PM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by beef invictus View Post
claude. Giroux.
Is
Your
God

GoneFullHolmgren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:19 AM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

vCash: 507
Is it okay for a Canucks fan to jump on-board just for the playoffs?

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:23 AM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
Yeah, maybe, and I recall Richards saying the same things last year. But maybe it's a cliche answer, because being a sore loser is a cliche reaction right after the game, when the emotions are still present.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:43 AM
nevermore
Cap space since 2005

I'm on such a high that I decided to read through the Jagr/Talbot signing threads again.
Gotta love all the down and gloom that was going on back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximLapierre View Post
Is it okay for a Canucks fan to jump on-board just for the playoffs?
Everybody's welcome.
But I'm kinda surprised to see at least a few Nucks fans jumping on the bandwagon, considering I saw a lot of them supporting the Pens and vice versa.

Also, be warned: We do not like Lapierre.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:50 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Yeah, maybe, and I recall Richards saying the same things last year. But maybe it's a cliche answer, because being a sore loser is a cliche reaction right after the game, when the emotions are still present.
Lavy described that team and their coach best..gutless! Obviously, they are human and reacting bitterly while the defeat is still fresh but to me it's just interesting how out of the way they are going to downplay what just happened to them. Bylsma is the first coach I can recall that just outright wished us no luck on TV in his presser which is not surprising nor anything we are not supposed to expect but just continues to show how gutless he is. He had to make that a point like his cheesy timeout when they were up 10-3. It won't surprise me if down the line it comes out that he deliberately told his players to hurt our key players like the Saints coach. The only one so far that I've seen with some sense of humility and class was Stall and ironically enough he was the one that was producing the most consistently while the rest of the punks were shooting their mouths and sticking out their pointy elbows or running at our guys in the knees etc.

Last edited by FreshPerspective: 04-23-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Old
04-23-2012, 12:56 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
This series cemented My hatred for Penguin fans. Obviously not all but the good majority are too arrogant to even acknowledge other talented teams.

Going through their GDT's it is as if the reason they lose is because they dont play well and the other team dives. No mention of how well Giroux has played or how clutch briere has been. None of that and its pretty frustrating to see a fanbase not even recognize another team's accomplishments.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:03 AM
LIPensFan98

Pens Fan here.

I give your team credit for playing well. They outplayed the Pens and deserve to win the series. Overall they were the better team and there's no question about that. In the end it came down to MAF and Bryz. Bryz had a great game when it mattered most, Flower played like garbage.

With that said, it's hard to argue that game 1 was tied up on a goal that was about 3 feet offsides. It's also hard to argue that luck is on your side when you are wondering around the corner of the rink in overtime and the puck just happens to hit off a few skates, land on your stick and your looking at an empty net.

With what I saw in the first round, unless the D Zone play increases dramatically, I never saw either team going very far anyway.

LIPensFan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:03 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
This series cemented My hatred for Penguin fans. Obviously not all but the good majority are too arrogant to even acknowledge other talented teams.

Going through their GDT's it is as if the reason they lose is because they dont play well and the other team dives. No mention of how well Giroux has played or how clutch briere has been. None of that and its pretty frustrating to see a fanbase not even recognize another team's accomplishments.
Yup....why don't they mention that their supposed great PK prowess was totally dismantled by the Flyers who were off the charts with their PP success. Yup it was just about them not getting bounces. Oh yeah and Fleury's 4.63 GAA and .834 save percentage was awesome.....Flower was just so vibrant in goal...

Old
04-23-2012, 01:04 AM
Prongo
Beer

Celebrate good times Yea!!! Whoaa awesome game! Way to wrap it up boys!!!

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:06 AM
LIPensFan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
Everybody's welcome.
But I'm kinda surprised to see at least a few Nucks fans jumping on the bandwagon, considering I saw a lot of them supporting the Pens and vice versa.

Also, be warned: We do not like Lapierre.
Be careful. If you lose they might burn down your city. Just sayin.

Old
04-23-2012, 01:07 AM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIPensFan98 View Post
Pens Fan here.

I give your team credit for playing well. They outplayed the Pens and deserve to win the series. Overall they were the better team and there's no question about that. In the end it came down to MAF and Bryz. Bryz had a great game when it mattered most, Flower played like garbage.

With that said, it's hard to argue that game 1 was tied up on a goal that was about 3 feet offsides. It's also hard to argue that luck is on your side when you are wondering around the corner of the rink in overtime and the puck just happens to hit off a few skates, land on your stick and your looking at an empty net.

With what I saw in the first round, unless the D Zone play increases dramatically, I never saw either team going very far anyway.
The path to win the cup is luck. Its better to be lucky then not have none. I think the defense thing is overblown. People keep ignoring the fact that these were the two highest scoring teams in the league and state rivals. Crazy games.

Alchemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:08 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Pens Fan here.

If you recall prior to that offside goal which the Pens got an official apology from the league...there was an icing that was supposed to be called on the Pens that resulted in a goal...

Anyway..appreciate the acknowledgement but I think the whole bounces and luck thing is a bit overstated from the Pens contingent. I guess the Flyers are just brimming with luck considering they had a decimated D they had to overcome thanks in no part to less than sportsmanlike conduct by the Pens..

On that note...it's over ...but it's not all forgotten. I've never felt this much animosity for a team ...except maybe the Devils and Stevens when he knocked out Lindros and our cup hopes.

Old
04-23-2012, 01:12 AM
LIPensFan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by sm0ka47 View Post
The path to win the cup is luck. Its better to be lucky then not have none. I think the defense thing is overblown. People keep ignoring the fact that these were the two highest scoring teams in the league and state rivals. Crazy games.
They were crazy games and very fun to watch. And you are right about them being the highest scoring teams in the league. I just don't see allowing 5 goals and beating say the Rangers, Devils or Boston. And that goes for both the teams. I didn't see the Pens getting far either.

But you never know. Bryz looked good today so he might have his confidence back.

Old
04-23-2012, 01:16 AM
LIPensFan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
If you recall prior to that offside goal which the Pens got an official apology from the league...there was an icing that was supposed to be called on the Pens that resulted in a goal...

Anyway..appreciate the acknowledgement but I think the whole bounces and luck thing is a bit overstated from the Pens contingent. I guess the Flyers are just brimming with luck considering they had a decimated D they had to overcome thanks in no part to less than sportsmanlike conduct by the Pens..
When you say the unsportsmanlike conduct, you include Rinaldo and Kubina in that as well right? Or just Asham and Neal? I also saw during game 6, about 20 seconds in, a player specifically target the head of another player after tracking him then went on to leave his feet during the hit. Thankfully the player in black didn't play dead like some others do and fake an injury to make sure a suspension takes place.

Old
04-23-2012, 01:50 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
Quote:
When you say the unsportsmanlike conduct, you include Rinaldo and Kubina in that as well right? Or just Asham and Neal? I also saw during game 6, about 20 seconds in, a player specifically target the head of another player after tracking him then went on to leave his feet during the hit. Thankfully the player in black didn't play dead like some others do and fake an injury to make sure a suspension takes place.
Just go away its over.

PALE PWNR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:57 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by pale pwnr View Post
just go away its over.
but the flyers are divers!

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:05 AM
highflyer2

Simmer with only 9 mins... any reason or just because he wasn't as effective in this series?

highflyer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:40 AM
Jtown

vCash: 539
Quote:
This is the type of compliments we receive from pens fans. This is why no one likes your team.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:50 AM
Antaris
Totally Trustworthy

Pens fan here.

Congratulations on the win, the better team won.
You fought hard and had an absolutley ridiculous powerplay.

(and our penalty killing sucked beyond belief, but that's not the point )

Anyway, congratulations.

Last edited by Antaris: 04-23-2012 at 04:08 AM.
Antaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:55 AM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Best parts of this series for me:

Claude Giroux.
Watching Malkin get pretty much shut down and frustrated by a 19 yr. old rookie.
Coburn kissing Bryz on top of his helmet at the end.

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote