HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alexander Frolov's KHL team...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-23-2012, 08:38 AM
  #1
THEKingsFanInRI
This must be a dream
 
THEKingsFanInRI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Outside Providence
Country: United States
Posts: 1,656
vCash: 500
Alexander Frolov's KHL team...

...Avangard Omsk, currently has a 3-2 lead in the Gagarin Cup Finals over Dynamo Moscow. It would be cool to see them win it. Here's a link to his stats page.....

http://en.khl.ru/players/3694/

not lighting the world on fire by any means, but third on the team in scoring.

THEKingsFanInRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:21 AM
  #2
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,714
vCash: 500
Thanks for the intel!

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:06 AM
  #3
Minor Boarding
Registered User
 
Minor Boarding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Corleone
Posts: 1,342
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFanInRI View Post
...Avangard Omsk, currently has a 3-2 lead in the Gagarin Cup Finals over Dynamo Moscow. It would be cool to see them win it. Here's a link to his stats page.....

http://en.khl.ru/players/3694/

not lighting the world on fire by any means, but third on the team in scoring.
I watched 2 games of the finals and Frolov hasn't played praise worthy. He still loves to get behind the net and hold on the puck and he needs to take a shooting practice because he has no finish.
He has 4 Pts in 19(?) playoff games. Underwhelming for his skill set.

The guy that impressed me the most is Roman Cervenka - who I expect to get an offer from an NHL team in the offseason.


Last edited by Minor Boarding: 04-23-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Minor Boarding is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:51 PM
  #4
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,218
vCash: 500
Still confused why people are so loyal to fro. Never was a fan.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:01 PM
  #5
THEKingsFanInRI
This must be a dream
 
THEKingsFanInRI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Outside Providence
Country: United States
Posts: 1,656
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Still confused why people are so loyal to fro. Never was a fan.
I won't use the word "potential" because that means what he COULD HAVE done; for me, it's what he DID do while in LA... He had two 30-goal seasons, broke the 20-goal mark three other times, and even while firmly entrenched in TM's doghouse (or maybe he was just miscast as a 3rd-line guy by TM) in 09-10 still managed to score 19. Twice reached double digits in PPG and was a +23 while wiuth the Kings. I could go on but I have to go pick my son up from school

THEKingsFanInRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:18 PM
  #6
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Still confused why people are so loyal to fro. Never was a fan.
I don't think anyone is putting Frolov idol's up in their basements. It's just nice to see a former King do well. Especially one that was one of the few bright spots in a dark era for the Kings (6 seasons without the playoffs).

The guy had more than his fair share of bad teams to play on, nice to see him get a chance to compete in the post-season for a lengthy run.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:29 AM
  #7
Shootmaster_44
Registered User
 
Shootmaster_44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,168
vCash: 500
I always liked Frolov. I'm not sure why I took to him, I think it was those couple years where he was the Kings' sniper. I know in hindisight it seems funny to call him that, but that's what he was as bad as that is.

Funny how I was upset with they traded Cammy and Frolov left. Hindsight being 20/20 I guess I was upset over nothing. The trade that still upsets me was Demitra to Minnesota for POS.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 11:43 AM
  #8
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 26,269
vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
I loved Frolov, he is one of my all-time favorite Kings. I don't there is any coincidence that we've been complaining about the third line ever since he left. He was a big part of what made that line what it was. He put a lot of years into the organization, and was a good guy, always smiling. I don't see how anyone can not like him. Everyone had unrealistic expectations of him being this 40-40-80 guy when his legs just weren't going to get him there anymore. Getting 20-30-50 from the third line and 30-30-60 from the top 6 was pretty good in my book. He always had the points.

__________________

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:15 PM
  #9
TruKingFan
Two-Time Cup Winner
 
TruKingFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Beachfront
Country: United States
Posts: 291
vCash: 500
Frolov? Really? Must be a SLOW hockey news day.

TruKingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:40 PM
  #10
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
I always liked Frolov. I'm not sure why I took to him, I think it was those couple years where he was the Kings' sniper. I know in hindisight it seems funny to call him that, but that's what he was as bad as that is.

Funny how I was upset with they traded Cammy and Frolov left. Hindsight being 20/20 I guess I was upset over nothing. The trade that still upsets me was Demitra to Minnesota for POS.
I like the Demitra deal. It eventually landed us Justin Williams and Trevor Lewis.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 01:59 PM
  #11
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
I always liked Frolov. I'm not sure why I took to him, I think it was those couple years where he was the Kings' sniper. I know in hindisight it seems funny to call him that, but that's what he was as bad as that is.

Funny how I was upset with they traded Cammy and Frolov left. Hindsight being 20/20 I guess I was upset over nothing. The trade that still upsets me was Demitra to Minnesota for POS.
I loved the Demitra deal at the time. In hindsight, Lewis has been pretty much nothing above a 4th liner while POS is a minor leaguer, so on the surface Minny may have won the deal, but POS was flipped to get us Williams. If you look at how the deal panned out long-term, LA wins that deal in a landslide, two regulars, one of which is our second leading scorer in the regular season and tied for second in the playoffs, for one player who left Minnesota after two seasons as a UFA. As much I loved Demitra, and that's dating back to his days as a Senator, I was happy for that trade and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Funny part of all this is, the deal that made me really mad at the time was the POS/Williams deal. I thought we got robbed hard there. Wow, was I wrong. I'm glad I had taken a break from posting on HF then or I'd have a lot of crow to eat.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 02:03 PM
  #12
Shootmaster_44
Registered User
 
Shootmaster_44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
I loved the Demitra deal at the time. In hindsight, Lewis has been pretty much nothing above a 4th liner while POS is a minor leaguer, so on the surface Minny may have won the deal, but POS was flipped to get us Williams. If you look at how the deal panned out long-term, LA wins that deal in a landslide, two regulars, one of which is our second leading scorer in the regular season and tied for second in the playoffs, for one player who left Minnesota after two seasons as a UFA. As much I loved Demitra, and that's dating back to his days as a Senator, I was happy for that trade and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Funny part of all this is, the deal that made me really mad at the time was the POS/Williams deal. I thought we got robbed hard there. Wow, was I wrong. I'm glad I had taken a break from posting on HF then or I'd have a lot of crow to eat.
I had forgotten what the assets got the Kings. But I remember when the Demitra/POS deal was announced that I came on here and ripped DL a new over it. I thought the Kings got ripped off by trading a proven player for an unknown.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 02:06 PM
  #13
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,090
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
I had forgotten what the assets got the Kings. But I remember when the Demitra/POS deal was announced that I came on here and ripped DL a new over it. I thought the Kings got ripped off by trading a proven player for an unknown.
That's funny, because after the Williams/POS trade, I was ripping DL for trading a kid I thought had a high ceiling for a veteran. In otherwords, an unknown for a proven player.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 12:33 PM
  #14
THEKingsFanInRI
This must be a dream
 
THEKingsFanInRI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Outside Providence
Country: United States
Posts: 1,656
vCash: 500
Just to finish the thought, Dynamo Moscow came back from 3-1 down to win the series.

THEKingsFanInRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.