HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

WCQF Game 6 | Coyotes @ Blackhawks | 4-23-12 | 6PM | FSA + CNBC

Old
04-23-2012, 01:32 AM
Colt45Blast
It Works Everytime!

vCash: 500
Vrbata was a Blackhawk killer in the regular season. We need him to kill the hawks in the playoffs.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:45 AM
starman
we're here to stay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Vrbata was a Blackhawk killer in the regular season. We need him to kill the hawks in the playoffs.
It would be so appropriate if he was the one to deliver the final blow, given how they rejected him as a Blackhawk.

starman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:12 AM
Shepard

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Tomorrow is going to be a good day. Start my new job, and the Coyotes win and advance to the 2nd round! I'm excited for tomorrow!
Congrats, but less jinxing this team please.

Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:03 AM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Were 3-0 on days where I have to work and DVR the game. And were 0-2 when I watch live. Luckily, I have to work tomorrow night.

Kimahri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:51 AM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

TheMurdocktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:14 AM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

I'm not a huge fan of the "Because It's the Cup" campaign, but I think the one for the Coyotes and Shane Doan are pretty nice.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:21 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

I like them too. I love that Doan has been with one team his whole career. Dedication, leadership, loyalty, and an all-around nice guy. I'm glad he plays for us. My kids have met him twice and both times he made them feel like it was the highlight of HIS day.

Plus, it would make certain elements go absolutely bonkers to see all of these non-traditional market teams advance! I think that seeing the Coyotes hoist the cup would probably be the most mind-blowing thing the HF boards could ever see. I can't think of any other team, really, that would cause more of a disturbance in the force than the Coyotes.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:07 AM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

I don't mind the "Because Its The Cup" campaign but the NHL should've got a better voice-over guy. Whoever is narrating those sounds like he's a teenager.

TheMurdocktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:19 AM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post

I'm not a huge fan of the "Because It's the Cup" campaign, but I think the one for the Coyotes and Shane Doan are pretty nice.
The thing that stood out in the second one for me is how he's been with one team and worked his whole life for this.

The hardest part for me is, I want a win. I have to depend on Shane and Mike and the team to get it. I have no control over it. It's like I'm on an airplane hoping to get to a destination - a fourth win in this series, and in spite of superstitions, it really doesn't matter if I wear my lucky underpants, or DVR the game (or DON'T DVR the game) or stare at internet pictures of Emma or Alice or wear my lucky jersey or sit with my feet off the floor everytime they drop the puck or suck in air through my teeth everytime the vistors take a shot or dance a jig when we score - other people serviced this plane, other people topped off the fuel tanks, other people are flying this thing - and I have to depend on them to do their jobs well enough to get me where I want to go.

I have to remind myself whether I watch the road game from my comfy chair or on delay or just curl up into the fetal position in the hallway and listen, only matters to the superstitious caveman mentality that occupies a corner office in my brain.

Lucky jersey? - check.
Luckly underpants? - check.

- check.

yotesreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:35 AM
ducky

Yotesreign post above

It is so hard being a fan.

ducky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:38 AM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
The hardest part for me is, I want a win. I have to depend on Shane and Mike and the team to get it. I have no control over it.
That!

I just started playing hockey 5 weeks ago. I played a game last night. We tied it up in the last minute and then lost in a shoot-out. It's a beginners league.

I was terrified the first time I played. Now, I'm actually LESS nervous when I play a game than when I watch one. I have control over how I play. I can try my hardest, and maybe I'll win, maybe I'll lose - but at least I know that I can affect the outcome in some way.

When I watch the game, I have no control. It's up to other people to do what needs to be done. And no matter how badly I want to see a win, I know that the players want it 1000X more. If they win, I'll be happy - but they'll be the ones who earned it.

My dad is that way about flying. He hates to fly, it makes him nervous because he has no control over anything that happens in the air. He used to fly for business trips and he would actually take maps, flight charts, etc. that he could read during the trip. It gave him the illusion that he could control something, even though it really didn't do anything to change the outcome of the flight.

Our lucky underpants, playoff beards and pictures of Emma = my dad's flight charts

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:43 AM
mitch27

Please win, please win, please win, please....

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:45 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Piece of **** fox sports plus. HD doesn't ****ing update until hours before the game on th DTV guide. Can't record the HD unless you are home at game time. If I were home at game time would I need the ****ing DVR?

God forbid they put DBacks game number 11 out 274 this season on plus. Nope, let's put a ****ing elimination game on the **** channel that doesn't work.

Last edited by rt: 04-23-2012 at 09:53 AM.
rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:46 AM
Redcoyote
Hungry

I have a feeling tonights gane will be the first decided by 2+ goals.

lets go doan, vrbata and yandle and of course smith

Redcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:52 AM
wpgyotes
Bye Bryz

Hopefully Hanzal is ready to go tonight. We need that line in tact. Korpi was clearly at 80% or less last game, his burst of speed just wasn't there, but he's better than a 100% Bissonnette. We don't have the forward depth to deal with these injuries, and Langkow needs to be in a diminished role. I've never seen an NHL player come to a dead stop on the ice as much as he has in this series.

wpgyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:03 AM
PhoPhan

Even with the injuries the Coyotes have to deal with, these teams are to close to expect anything other than a coin flip. The coin goes in the air, and then we get to watch it spin for almost three hours before finding out whether this team advances.

I'm out of nails to bite.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:07 AM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Piece of **** fox sports plus. HD doesn't ****ing update until hours before the game on th DTV guide. Can't record the HD unless you are home at game time. If I were home at game time would I need the ****ing DVR?

God forbid they put DBacks game number 11 out 274 this season on plus. Nope, let's put a ****ing elimination game on the **** channel that doesn't work.
Depending on your cable provider and/or what type of DVR you have, sometimes you can set it up to record from a laptop/computer or a smartphone app. Maybe something to look into.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:15 AM
pfp

Quote:
Not ideal but you could tune to 695-1 and press pause. So long as nothing else is set to record it will still be on that channel with 90 minutes buffered.

pfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:17 AM
mitch27

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
Even with the injuries the Coyotes have to deal with, these teams are to close to expect anything other than a coin flip. The coin goes in the air, and then we get to watch it spin for almost three hours before finding out whether this team advances.

I'm out of nails to bite.
My nails were gone after game 1

This team will be the death of me.

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:25 AM
pacerhimself

Quote:

I think if you have Cox and a Cox PVR you can use their mobile app or web site to set it to record.

pacerhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
AccuScore has us the underdog by a margin of 49-51. This means we will lose because in all of the games we have won, we had been underdogs by a margin of 40-60.

And this quote scares me:

Quote:
"For most part the only guy feeling it the most would probably be me," said Phoenix captain Shane Doan, who began his career with the franchise in Winnipeg in 1995-96.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/preview?gameId=400259115

This team plays the best when it has the "How you like me now" attitude.

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:27 AM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

Every game is it's own chapter and carryover momentum from game-to-game is limited at best, and clearly the case in this series. We are going to win this chapter.

AZviaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:53 AM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
This team plays the best when it has the "How you like me now" attitude.
I disagree. If anything, they're more likely get into trouble when they start feeling like that. It just sounds to me like Doan is ready to play with some desperation tonight, something most of the team was missing in game 5. A little desperation would be a good thing, I think.

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:00 AM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
I disagree. If anything, they're more likely get into trouble when they start feeling like that. It just sounds to me like Doan is ready to play with some desperation tonight, something most of the team was missing in game 5. A little desperation would be a good thing, I think.
Game 2 in last year's playoffs was a great measuring stick for his performance level. He took over that game and while the results were not what I would have liked, I am hoping that he stops this over-thinking and makes Cory work!

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:09 AM
BuffaloAZ

I really really really do NOT want to use my ticket to Game 7!!!!

BuffaloAZ is offline   Reply With Quote