HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

May 8: Meszaros (back surgery) expected to play in Game 5 vs. NJD (updates in post 1)

Old
04-17-2012, 01:53 PM
rban*

vCash: 500
I have a question. How is Kubina playing? If Mesz is gonna be out next round, we cant rely on just Coburn-Grossman to do it all, and Timo has lost a step for sure.

We need Kubina to pull a Jaromir Jagr and turn back the clock a bit. We need a monster performance out of him.

rban* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2012, 01:55 PM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Kubina has been fine. As long as he's not out there against top scoring lines, he can handle it. Slow though

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 11:30 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
RT @NHLAdamK: #Flyers Andrej Meszaros on the ice this morning with the black aces.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 11:32 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
RT @NHLAdamK: #Flyers Andrej Meszaros on the ice this morning with the black aces.
I was wondering his status. Hopefully not rushing anything, he could be used.

dingbathero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2012, 11:48 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Kubina has been fine. As long as he's not out there against top scoring lines, he can handle it. Slow though
Funky Cold Kubina was ok his 1st game...he has been an abortion to watch since.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 04:06 PM
GlueleG

I would love to have Mez back.

GlueleG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 04:54 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

I think Mez comes back in the second round. Especially if he's skating already with the black aces. Does anyone know when the 2nd round is scheduled to start?

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 04:56 PM
AaronTrieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange is better View Post
I think Mez comes back in the second round. Especially if he's skating already with the black aces. Does anyone know when the 2nd round is scheduled to start?
my guess is thursday at the earliest

AaronTrieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 04:58 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 272
Quote:
It depends on the length of the other series.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 05:33 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
It depends on the length of the other series.
well i assumed so, but don't they usually have an estimated date, factoring in when each series' game 7 would be if they were to get that far? i'd imagine that thursday would be the estimated date.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:02 PM
COMCASTMONEY
14yrs/$110m

Quote:
well i assumed so, but don't they usually have an estimated date, factoring in when each series' game 7 would be if they were to get that far? i'd imagine that thursday would be the estimated date.
7 in Boston/Washington would be Wednesday. So I think Friday at earliest. Excellent length break, fortunate the series started early.

COMCASTMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:12 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 272
Quote:
IIRC, before game 1 of any 2nd round series can be played, all first round series have to be concluded.

Two potential game 7s in the East could reach Thursday. My guess is Round 2 starts Saturday if East series reach seven games but then that depends on site, arena availability, national TV preferences, etc.

MiamiScreamingEagles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:59 AM
StandingCow

UGH!

Tim Panaccio ‏ @tpanotchCSN
Grossmann needs these days off for concussion recovery; I was told in PGH Meszaros needed 3 more weeks

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:06 AM
Banger

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
UGH!

Grossmann needs these days off for concussion recovery; I was told in PGH Meszaros needed 3 more weeks
that stinks....

Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
UGH!

Not surprised. Back surgery is about as bad as it gets when you talk about recovery time. You can't do almost any type of hard conditioning because your back/core is relied upon for almost anything.

We can start thinking about Mez for Round 3 at the earliest and JVR with a full week of practice with the same linemates.

I'd be pleased enough to see Grossmann back next weekend.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:10 AM
rban*

Given TV schedules and how CBC and others love Saturday night hockey games, I think regardless of how long other series go, SATURDAY will be the start.

Somehow I dont think they'll start it up Friday night, I think half the games will start Saturday and half Sunday (incl maybe an NBC Sunday afternoon tilt). Looks like a weekend start to me. NOT SURE of this, but I think this'll happen.

That means either 6 or 7 days of rest for Flyers.

Which is great for those players who nursed injuries yet still played Game 6 (Timo?), but still doesnt seem like enough time to get Meszaros back.

And what of Grossman? We played yesterday (Sunday), if we play again SUNDAY, will that week be enough for Grossman to get back?

Old
04-23-2012, 11:14 AM
rban*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Not surprised. Back surgery is about as bad as it gets when you talk about recovery time. You can't do almost any type of hard conditioning because your back/core is relied upon for almost anything.

We can start thinking about Mez for Round 3 at the earliest and JVR with a full week of practice with the same linemates.

I'd be pleased enough to see Grossmann back next weekend.
well, that means we BETTER pray real hard that we get to meet someone other than Bruins or possibly Rags.

Boston is a hard hitting team and will defeinitely injure even more of our players if we meet them.

Surprisingly, altho we didnt match up so well vs Rags, I prefer to meet them. How big are the Rags? How many of them can physically injure us? Not too many, I think, esp with Boyle injured.

I think all hockey analysis at this time (wrt Flyers) should be done SOLELY on the basis of our injuries.

Ie Chara and Lucic and Thorton will hurt our players so Bruins MUST be avoided at all costs, regardless of our track record wrt Rags.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:14 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
That's a bummer about Mez and Grossman, but none of the teams in the East have the firepower that the Pens have (had). It would obviously be helpful to get either or both back, but if they stopped the Pens without Mez for the entire series and Grossman for the end, I'm not too concerned about a matchup against the Panthers in the next round. If it is the Rangers or Bruins we are playing next then I might be a little worried, but still not hitting panic button.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:16 AM
rban*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
That's a bummer about Mez and Grossman, but none of the teams in the East have the firepower that the Pens have (had). It would obviously be helpful to get either or both back, but if they stopped the Pens without Mez for the entire series and Grossman for the end, I'm not too concerned about a matchup against the Panthers in the next round. If it is the Rangers or Bruins we are playing next then I might be a little worried, but still not hitting panic button.
See my earlier posting. You should be very worried about Bruins, considering our injuries and their size.

Chara? Lucic? Thornton? C'mon. We're hurt bad already!

Old
04-23-2012, 11:19 AM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coutsiephan View Post
Funky Cold Kubina was ok his 1st game...he has been an abortion to watch since.
oh god ya. his first game was ok, but he's been pretty bad since. I still think he's battling an injury. hopefully these days off before the next series starts will help him.

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:21 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Yeah Boston must be avoided at all costs.....Washington must eliminate them..please!

I hope the Flyers do not play until Sunday. I'll be in Miami and returning Monday night and no way the gf will allow a wasted night watching hockey although I will be secretely checking my smartphone constantly. I can stomach missing only one game..but will be annoyed if I miss a couple due to an earlier start date like Fri..ugh! Plus we need massive rest for our walking wounded....

Old
04-23-2012, 11:38 AM
Banger

Quote:
Yeah Boston must be avoided at all costs.....Washington must eliminate them..please!

I hope the Flyers do not play until Sunday. I'll be in Miami and returning Monday night and no way the gf will allow a wasted night watching hockey although I will be secretely checking my smartphone constantly. I can stomach missing only one game..but will be annoyed if I miss a couple due to an earlier start date like Fri..ugh! Plus we need massive rest for our walking wounded....
they had their shot and came out flat in OT. I think the B's take them now unfortunately. What do I know though...I thought Boston would kill them and it's been a very even series with Thomas having some sick, sick saves.

Banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:43 AM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rban View Post
And what of Grossman? We played yesterday (Sunday), if we play again SUNDAY, will that week be enough for Grossman to get back?
Impossible to know because each player responds/recovers from a concussion differently, but I would probably be surprised if Grossmann were not out there by Saturday.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:

As posted elsewhere, the odds of us actually playing Boston or NY next round are fairly slim. The Rangers and Bruins would have to go 3 for 3. If either loses, we play the winner of Florida - NJ regardless.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:48 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banger View Post
they had their shot and came out flat in OT. I think the B's take them now unfortunately. What do I know though...I thought Boston would kill them and it's been a very even series with Thomas having some sick, sick saves.
Yeah I think Wash shot their load.....

If we run into the B's and our D is still decimated ...I would hope Bryz can be the difference in stealing the series...but it would be a tall order regardless.

Playing the B's would just be a repeat of the Pen's series...too much animosity and I wouldn't be happy with ousting Pitt int he 1st round like now. I would want to take it one step further and wish the Flyers would teach the B's a lesson as well. if they got by them then might as well wish for the Stanley Cup....maybe this year will shape up like 2010 with a better end result!