HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings AHL / Manchester Monarchs 2011-2012 Update Thread

Old
04-22-2012, 06:14 PM
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow

vCash: 500
Hickey's got 3 assists in 2 games. Hopefully it can continue

WhatTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 06:57 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
I don't think Vey makes the team next year. He has had a relatively good year, but he's been pretty inconsistent. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Kings dip into free agency to get a bottom six player.
Another year in Manch would be better served for Vey imo.

On another note, I'm ECSTATIC that we're tied in this series!!!!!

GO NARCHS!!!!!!

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2012, 07:11 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Vey is living up to all the hype I have given him and I can't wait until he makes the jump to the NHL. I have watched him play about 20 times this season and he is improving all the time. Kozun this coming season to make the jump and with NOlan/King sticking we look good.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:19 PM
Snurrfint

What plans do the kings hold for Bud Holloway? He stated to the swedish newspaper Norran that he is returning to NA and is hoping for a contract from the kings after the playoffs.

Will he be signed?
How much value can his rights fetch?

He should get some kind of shot on the kings imo. Possible 2/3rd line winger that can play point on the powerplay if needed.

Snurrfint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:28 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snurrfint View Post
What plans do the kings hold for Bud Holloway? He stated to the swedish newspaper Norran that he is returning to NA and is hoping for a contract from the kings after the playoffs.

Will he be signed?

He should get some kind of shot on the kings imo. Possible 2/3rd line winger that can play point on the powerplay if needed.
I was ahead of the curve on this by a couple of weeks and I can only say that I know it to be true. BH is returning to NA and is very hopeful that he can sign with the Kings as soon as possible. Beyond that would be pure speculation as far as I know.

Old
04-23-2012, 01:33 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

After the season he has had in Sweden, I would think that if Holloway returns to NA, it'll be under a one-way contract with assurance that he'll be on an NHL roster. If he doesn't make the Kings, I'm certain if placed on waivers some team will take a chance on him and hope that he turns into the next Moulson or Holloway or J. Blake for them.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Snurrfint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I was ahead of the curve on this by a couple of weeks and I can only say that I know it to be true. BH is returning to NA and is very hopeful that he can sign with the Kings as soon as possible. Beyond that would be pure speculation as far as I know.
Do you think the management will be sour after he left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
After the season he has had in Sweden, I would think that if Holloway returns to NA, it'll be under a one-way contract with assurance that he'll be on an NHL roster. If he doesn't make the Kings, I'm certain if placed on waivers some team will take a chance on him and hope that he turns into the next Moulson or Holloway or J. Blake for them.
I can se winnipeg taking a chance at him. they started to gather some players that grew up "nearby" wpg last season and might continue this year also. He has gotten attention from KHL also btw

He has had a really good season and has been a force for the Skelleftea PP with his shot. The whole powerplay was built around him taking slappers. And it worked! when he didnt score the pkers focused too much on him and left room for the other players. Dont know how the kings powerplay looks right now but it can be an option.

Cant see him being worse than penner if given the shot tbh. And ALOT cheaper

Last edited by Snurrfint: 04-23-2012 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Sorry for my bad english
Old
04-23-2012, 01:44 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:

Will he be signed?

No one knows right now. The Kings didn't like the way he left for Europe, unlike Möller he didn't do it with the organization's blessing. They could hold a grudge in which case we'll probably see him traded or in Europe once again... But I honestly think Holloway proved something with his performance and the Kings will recognize and offer him a decent contract.

BigBrown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:25 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

As to mgmt's view of Holloway I can say that they are still very high on him or say that they are and are hopeful that they can retain BH as part of the org. DL has said that it was a pitty that he (BH) left the way that he did but that they wished him success over seas and have also said that they look forward to his return.

Rather or not that is how they actually feel who knows but I can't think of a reason that they would want to lose a valuable asset like Bud without getting something equally nice in return.

Old
04-23-2012, 03:46 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 102
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Holloway would look tremendous playing left wing on the second line in place of King/Penner next season. I think with the exodus of players we will have this offseason, I can easily see him earning a one year, one-way deal, if at the very least to use him as a spare forward.

Moller and Parse are wild cards too. I know Parse has had severe injury troubles, but this organization was pretty high on him developing into a Moulson type winger.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Snurrfint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
As to mgmt's view of Holloway I can say that they are still very high on him or say that they are and are hopeful that they can retain BH as part of the org. DL has said that it was a pitty that he (BH) left the way that he did but that they wished him success over seas and have also said that they look forward to his return.

Rather or not that is how they actually feel who knows but I can't think of a reason that they would want to lose a valuable asset like Bud without getting something equally nice in return.
I understand your point but i am quite surprised that he never even got a game in the nhl. If the kings value him that high why wouldnt they even give him a single game in three seasons?

I think that bh feared that he would play in the ahl for another full season and be overlooked. And then when moller left for Skelleftea and he saw Joakim Lindstrom get a 1-way contract after a season there he probably saw an opening. Getting some extra money would also be a factor.

Where his contract demands too high? maybe a 1-way?

He seems to be a huge WPG fan btw. Always rocking a cap in his offday interviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Holloway would look tremendous playing left wing on the second line in place of King/Penner next season. I think with the exodus of players we will have this offseason, I can easily see him earning a one year, one-way deal, if at the very least to use him as a spare forward.

Moller and Parse are wild cards too. I know Parse has had severe injury troubles, but this organization was pretty high on him developing into a Moulson type winger.
Moller has stated that he will stay in Skelleftea. But then again he probably has an nhl out clause.

Old
04-23-2012, 04:08 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
I understand your point but i am quite surprised that he never even got a game in the nhl. If the kings value him that high why wouldnt they even give him a single game in three seasons?

I think that bh feared that he would play in the ahl for another full season and be overlooked. And then when moller left for Skelleftea and he saw Joakim Lindstrom get a 1-way contract after a season there he probably saw an opening. Getting some extra money would also be a factor.
I think Bud was worried too much that he wouldn't get a shot this past season and that is why he left. In truth the team had told him that they had plans to bring him up during the season even if he didn't earn a spot out of camp. His offer from the SEL came with the stipulation that he be available asap and Bud left before he knew for certain what the Kings plans for him would be.

It was a calculated risk. One that the team wasn't happy with but understood and one that Bud has benefited from but has taken him from his goal of being in the NHL and on the Kings.

Bud hadn't received a call up due to his order in DL's ranking but that had changed between the season before and this past season. Bud was in a position where he couldn't wait for an answer and so he did what he felt would further his career most even though it really hasn't.

Either way, Bud is a part of the Kings plans as of today, how much so depends on Bud but the team hasn't soured on him or so they say.

My opinion is that BH has always been a valuable asset and a solid player (I wrote a review of him prior to his draft year) and players like him are important to any teams success. The Kings made him wait for his shot and he got antsy. It will all work out in the end.

Old
04-24-2012, 09:39 AM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

Wasn't it more a case of DL not offering Holloway a 1-way deal on his RFA offer sheet that made him take a bigger pay day in the SEL? I know there was a lot of speculation when it happened but I thought that was really the determining factor along with Moller heading there correct? I mean it makes sense if Holloway figured he'd spend the majority of the season in the AHL.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Capn Brown

Hey guys, the series resumes tonight! In Manchester!!!

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

I think its incredible already that the Monarchs have won one game vs. Norfolk (with such an insane game winning streak).

Frolov 6'3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 06:03 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Anyone know why Muzzin isn't playing?

Last edited by TwoForRoughing: 04-25-2012 at 06:24 PM.
TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-25-2012, 09:50 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Monarchs lost 5-2 tonight. Must win game coming up.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 06:32 AM
Josh Deitell
Hockey's Future Staff

Was 3-2 til Legein took a boarding major at 12:50 of the third.

Josh Deitell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 08:12 PM
TKFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
Anyone know why Muzzin isn't playing?

During the pregame interview last night, Mark Morris said Muzzin was injured and wouldn't play. As you know, its a huge secret as to what the injury is....upper body, lower body, upper body, lower body. There was no indication by Morris when Muzzin might play. If the Monarchs play tomorrow night like they did last night, the next time Muzzin will play will be in October.

TKFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 07:17 PM
losingsand

Muzzin crushed SEGAL just now.

great game going so far. there's an illegal stream of it if you know how to find them.

mullen also just scored a great goal.

i also just ordered a customized deslaurier purple monarchs t shirt.

acevedo is flying today... too bad he'll never be in the nhl.

losingsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 08:58 PM
CNS
A World Alone

Monarchs lose. Series over. Season over. 67's also lost but now we can't see Toffoli there.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 09:47 PM
Capn Brown

Andy Andy's -4 in 4 playoff games isn't very impressive. Combine that with his Oshawa playoff +/- and it's clear he's got some work to do.

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 12:46 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Marc-Andre Cliche lost his composure and took a bad penalty answering for a bad hit that wasnt called. Manchester led 3-1 at the time. Norfolk scored on the PP and another one 16 seconds later to tie it. After that Manchester never really mounted any kind of offensive threat and lost 4-3 in OT.
Manchester was terrible with the puck tonight. I lost count how many times they would try to make that first pass out of their own zone would end up right on a Norfolks player stick. Manchester was outshot 20-5 in the 3rd and OT. Manchester was hemmed in their own zone for what seemed like minutes at a time several times.
I dont think any of those 5 shots you would consiter a serious offensive chance. no doubt the difference between the 2 teams showed when the game was on the line.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 12:49 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
Marc-Andre Cliche lost his composure and took a bad penalty answering for a bad hit that wasnt called. Manchester led 3-1 at the time. Norfolk scored on the PP and another one 16 seconds later to tie it. After that Manchester never really mounted any kind of offensive threat and lost 4-3 in OT.
Manchester was terrible with the puck tonight. I lost count how many times they would try to make that first pass out of their own zone would end up right on a Norfolks player stick. Manchester was outshot 20-5 in the 3rd and OT. Manchester was hemmed in their own zone for what seemed like minutes at a time several times.
I dont think any of those 5 shots you would consiter a serious offensive chance. no doubt the difference between the 2 teams showed when the game was on the line.
Well I imagine that is why Cliche is still an AHL player, and Lewis is an NHLer.

damacles1156 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-28-2012, 12:04 PM
sBarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
I don't know man, Cliche might've lost it for a minute but it was pretty justified giving all of the circumstances. That was the captain saying he had had enough. With JJ serving that extremely weak suspension, our little guys were getting run all night, and Rich Clune can only do so much defending this team against a way bigger, stronger, Norfolk team. So when Cliche saw a hit he didn't particularly like, he stood up for his team. Then it was put into the hands of the refs after the scrum that occurred after the fight and Norfolk found themselves on the right side of that, receiving the man advantage. This is when they sucked the life out of the Narchs and scored the two quickies that killed all momentum. Now I do have to say, after the Cliche fight everything went wrong. But I don't blame him in the least, and I can totally see why he went after the guy. But up until that very point, the Narchs were playing as well as I've ever seen them. They were actualky moving the puck pretty well. Vey and Azzy were playing great, and what a bomb from the point from Hickey on that Andreoff tip in goal that was awesome. Right after that and right before the momentum swing I said to a few people in my section that if we couldn't beat them last night, we couldn't beat them on our best night. Great season though guys, we'll be back!

sBarry is offline   Reply With Quote