HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Round 2 - WCSF - Kings vs. Blues Series - Kings Forum Discussion

Old
04-23-2012, 11:56 AM
Shellz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
People are piling on Carter but are forgetting he's coming back from an ankle sprain/foot injury. What's Kopitar's excuse? Dudes been a ghost except for his little dance with that rat Burrows.
Kopitar was a beast last night. He is the lst player I would be complaining about.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:00 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Kopitar has been pretty solid for us. He has definitely done more than Carter and Richards, despite their great showing in game 1. What sets Kopitar above and beyond the rest is his two way play. He has been solid in the offensive zone and is dominant along the boards, which has resulted in a lot more chances for us, but he has been godly in the defensive zone. I can think of several plays where he broke up prime scoring opportunities and has been critical at getting the puck out of the zone at key times. Richards is good at this too, though he is slightly more prone to mistakes over Kopitar, but I can think of one really big play where he saved us from a goal last night, but Kopitar overall is just dominant on the backcheck and will always stay with the play and get the job done defensively. Can't ask for much more. He is a Selke caliber player.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
People are piling on Carter but are forgetting he's coming back from an ankle sprain/foot injury. What's Kopitar's excuse? Dudes been a ghost except for his little dance with that rat Burrows.
What does a foot injury have to do with shooting the puck wide when the guy was all alone, 3 feet in front of the net in OT last night??

And the fact that you just called out Kopitar...now I'm convinced you haven't been watching this series.

I've been overly-impressed with the play of Kopi this series...I expected less from him.

Axl Rhoadz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:10 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
If Clifford comes back I think he takes the 3rd LW spot. Bump Penner up to 2nd LW. He's been playing great! Even the NBC announcers were commenting on his hustle last night.

You obviously can't take Richardson out or break up the 4th line. So King would be the odd man out. He's looked really nervous out there and with the awesome series Clifford played last year in the playoffs you gotta get him back out there as soon as he's ready!
I agree with these changes. Cliff back would be awesome. Does anyone know what kind of injures they have over there? I know Halak has been banged up.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:27 PM
ZJames

Quote:
Im with everyone else. I thought Kopitar played great on both sides of the ice. I do wish he could have potted a few more goals though. Hopefully he was just saving them for the Blues!

ZJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJames View Post
Im with everyone else. I thought Kopitar played great on both sides of the ice. I do wish he could have potted a few more goals though. Hopefully he was just saving them for the Blues!
Kopitar was amazing the whoel series. Excellent two way game, finished checks, and was a constent threat to score.
Hitchcokc vs Sutter should be good.

Old
04-23-2012, 12:46 PM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Guys, I believe whoever wins this series will eventually win the Cup. Because who's round 3? ..... the Preds or Yotes? And then what about round 4? ..... the defenseless Flyers?

Win this series and you'll win the Cup.
Both those teams can't be overlooked, just worry about beating the Blues for now.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:48 PM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
Anyone else worried about the play of Carter? Overall, I think he had an awful series...last night was the worst.

What the hell was he doing on that first goal? Then, you see him out with Penner on the same line? Wow, is Penner supposed to motivate him? ha
I've been worried about him since before I started that thread after we went up 3-0 over Van and got accused of not enjoying it enough....

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Ollie Weeks

I said Kopitar would show up for the playoffs, and I was right. He needed to be our best skater and with the exception of Brown he was.

I am a little irked by Richards' performance after Game 1, but seriously, Game 1 was critical in that it set the tone for the entire series, and Richards led that charge waving the flag. He might have only been average the rest of the series, but he won us 1/4 of our games so far. That's enough for a reprieve from me.

Carter looked okay again. He was fumbly in his own zone, but he looked more assertive on the attack, same as Game 4. His speed looked a bit better than the earlier games as well. The rest will greatly benefit him, but he needs to start scoring. Potting the OT winner would have REALLY helped his case.

My faith in playoff Brad Richardson was once again rewarded. His production in the past 3 playoffs is enough to justify keeping him around as a depth player. Everytime we think his usefulness to the team is at an end, he gives us an argument.

Penner's been okay, Stoll's been a surprise. Lewis has been electric, Williams has been inconsistent but not detrimental.

Our depth has come to life in a big way. If our D can regain their scoring touch then its all over.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Carter is the only guy on the second line who is getting himself into dangerous positions, even though he isn't doing anything with them. If/when the goals eventually come it's gonna be huge.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:48 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Carter is the only guy on the second line who is getting himself into dangerous positions, even though he isn't doing anything with them. If/when the goals eventually come it's gonna be huge.
Hopefully our 1st and 4th lines can keep it coming.
Also did anyone notice that our first line got the fourth shift in the third period?

Old
04-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
This series is too close to call. It will come down to bounces for each game.

I think the Kings will win in 6 games and that is my pick, but each game will be close and could go either way.

The Blues use a team approach to offense and defense, just like the Kings. The Blues were more successful during the regular season, but the Kings are playing their best hockey right now.

This series will be more exciting than the box scores will show. I expect a low scoring, highly physical series.

Last edited by Sydor25: 04-23-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:54 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

I'm looking forward to this series a lot. Should be a great series.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Perro

Seems like some blue's fans think this will be a walk in the park. I hope St. Louis thinks this way.

Old
04-23-2012, 02:28 PM
robitaillefan
Bababooey,Tatatoothy

Andy macdonald is on his game right now...

Dont let him and his speed become the next king killer

robitaillefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:37 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Guys, I believe whoever wins this series will eventually win the Cup. Because who's round 3? ..... the Preds or Yotes? And then what about round 4? ..... the defenseless Flyers?

Win this series and you'll win the Cup.
If only it was that easy

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:39 PM
tantrum4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Seems like some blue's fans think this will be a walk in the park. I hope St. Louis thinks this way.
Ya that makes sense since we won the season series 3-1

tantrum4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:42 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
I said Kopitar would show up for the playoffs, and I was right. He needed to be our best skater and with the exception of Brown he was.

I am a little irked by Richards' performance after Game 1, but seriously, Game 1 was critical in that it set the tone for the entire series, and Richards led that charge waving the flag. He might have only been average the rest of the series, but he won us 1/4 of our games so far. That's enough for a reprieve from me.

Carter looked okay again. He was fumbly in his own zone, but he looked more assertive on the attack, same as Game 4. His speed looked a bit better than the earlier games as well. The rest will greatly benefit him, but he needs to start scoring. Potting the OT winner would have REALLY helped his case.

My faith in playoff Brad Richardson was once again rewarded. His production in the past 3 playoffs is enough to justify keeping him around as a depth player. Everytime we think his usefulness to the team is at an end, he gives us an argument.

Penner's been okay, Stoll's been a surprise. Lewis has been electric, Williams has been inconsistent but not detrimental.

Our depth has come to life in a big way. If our D can regain their scoring touch then its all over.
I can't remember if it was the second or third game but Sutter had Richards out there at the end for 4 or 5 faceoffs in a row. There is a reason for that. Plus he and everyone else has been amazing on the kill, not just in the series but the entire season. I just wish they would put a goal or two up per game. With their defensive system and Quick, they are one of few teams that can milk a 1 goal lead.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:49 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
This series is too close to call. It will come down to bounces for each game.

I think the Kings will win in 6 games and that is my pick, but each game will be close and could go either way.

The Blues use a team approach to offense and defense, just like the Kings. The Blues were more successful during the regular season, but the Kings are playing their best hockey right now.

This series will be more exciting than the box scores will show. I expect a low scoring, highly physical series.
It's going to come down to special teams. St. Louis ran away on the PP in round 1. Hopefully our PP can finally show up.

Old
04-23-2012, 02:58 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

A few questions:

1) Will the schedule for this series be released today?

2) I usually get a presale email for round one playoff tickets, will I be able to get that same presale? If not, will tickets be on sale today?

3) What is the timeline for receiving my refund for game 6 tickets of this series?

Thanks!

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakingsdrummer View Post
A few questions:

1) Will the schedule for this series be released today?

2) I usually get a presale email for round one playoff tickets, will I be able to get that same presale? If not, will tickets be on sale today?

3) What is the timeline for receiving my refund for game 6 tickets of this series?

Thanks!
I got this in an email yesterday night...

Quote:
If you read this email - you'll have presale access to available single game tickets beginning on Thursday, April 26th, at 10 a.m. We will email out the presale code on the 25th. Ticket Information

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:24 PM
KingsCourt

I think this series will be harder then the last...blues play so disciplined, we have more talent on paper but paper means nothing ...go kings go..just win baby

KingsCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:34 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I got this in an email yesterday night...
After a closer look, I got that email too.

Thanks!

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Inner Turbulence

Send a message via MSN to Inner Turbulence
Quote:
Originally Posted by tantrum4 View Post
Ya that makes sense since we won the season series 3-1
Since Darryl Sutter took over we haven't actually scored a goal against this Blues team you know. Just saying. 1-0 shootout win and a 0-1 loss are the results with DS.

We whooped them 5-0 early in October when they werent very good and 3-2 in a tight game later November after they had switched coach and were starting to turn there season around.

Inner Turbulence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:29 PM
inglouriousbackes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
i highly doubt it. Most of Blues fans have respect for how the Kings are set up since this is gonna basically be a mirror match. I expect a tight scoring game with the majority of the battles being done in the neutral zone. I expect some goals to come off the odd-man rushes. May the best team win.

inglouriousbackes is offline   Reply With Quote