HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Tickets becoming more scarse

Old
04-23-2012, 01:56 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

vCash: 500
Tickets becoming more scarse

The only downside to our recent success is that it's harder to come by tickets at cheaper prices. I've always done the pay as you play plan, but this year I went to the Final Four and thought no big deal, I'll just buy the games I want to go to a few days before. Not much luck so far. I went to 1 round 1 game and all I could get was $150 a piece seats at my sth rate. Round 2 is coming up and even though we don't know the dates or times, game a has less than 500 tix remaining and game b less than 1000. I guess I'll have to buy some even not knowing the date/time and just hope I can make it. The few tickets I have access to at my sth rate end tomorrow at 5pm then go public. I'm not sure my point in all of this but I guess it's going to start becoming like this more often.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:25 AM
PhoneGuy

Good! That's the way it should be. Tickets should be scarce to playoff games.

PhoneGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:48 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I went ahead and just bought a pair of tickets to each of the first 2 games so I'm not missing this round.

Old
04-23-2012, 09:46 AM
PredsChik

My sister works with people who don't understand our fanatic ways and can't believe we'd rather go to the game than to sell off our pair of tickets for profit.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:12 AM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

vCash: 162
Im a little worried... most of our ticket base is individual, not corporate

have you seen the markup if we make it to the 3rd and 4th rounds?

Im afraid that folks who faithfully bought tickets as we advanced will be unable to keep buying at the inflated prices and we will have trouble selling out which would be disasterous both for the franchises bottom line and for the negative PR it would generate...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 10:19 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Im a little worried... most of our ticket base is individual, not corporate

have you seen the markup if we make it to the 3rd and 4th rounds?

Im afraid that folks who faithfully bought tickets as we advanced will be unable to keep buying at the inflated prices and we will have trouble selling out which would be disasterous both for the franchises bottom line and for the negative PR it would generate...
Crazy for sure. For game A this round, tickets in 331 row p (near the very top) were $48 a piece. That's my sth rate. And there were hardly any left. When they go to the public at 5pm today, they'll be even higher than that. However, my tickets for game b are in 317 row b and all you can eat for $75 a ticket. Still upper level, but great view and lots of popcorn and nachos.

I wanted to wait until the dates and times because I work 3rd shift but I can't or I'll pay $100 for uppers. Oh well. Lesson learned: do pay as you play like I've always done before.

Old
04-23-2012, 10:25 AM
VFL615*

The games will be sold out. You will see a difference in the crowd though. I doubt you will find many non season ticket holder familys in attendence. A more mature and big money crowd is what i would bet on. A lot of the money in the area will be going because it will be the hip thing to do and something for them to blow off dryer money on.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:07 AM
Preds311

Picked up a Game 2 Round 2 upper goal zone bowl ticket for $36. Followed Predsradio on twitter and they had a link for discounted tickets.

Preds311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:30 AM
WartracePred

As long as the prices keep visiting fans away, i.e. Hawks fans, I don't care what the mark-up is. Shouldn't be an issue if we play the Yotes or the Kings. But if/when we play St. Louis or Chicago, I hope their fans stay home. Maybe higher ticket prices will help keep visiting bandwagoners away from the Bridge.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:54 AM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
As long as the prices keep visiting fans away, i.e. Hawks fans, I don't care what the mark-up is. Shouldn't be an issue if we play the Yotes or the Kings. But if/when we play St. Louis or Chicago, I hope their fans stay home. Maybe higher ticket prices will help keep visiting bandwagoners away from the Bridge.
Im afraid it would be just the opposite. The well-heeled fans from st louis or chicago would probably be buying Preds fans tickets that they committed to but subsequently couldnt afford.

I could see STH's who buy tix for a whole series knowing they can recoup some of their money by selling tix to one of the two games...

Old
04-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Tennman

I thought the league set the prices for playoff tickets but I'm not sure how they do it. Do they use some % of the price of a season ticket? Maybe round 1 150% of the season ticket rate, round 2 175% etc....

Tennman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:42 PM
WartracePred

Quote:
Im afraid it would be just the opposite. The well-heeled fans from st louis or chicago would probably be buying Preds fans tickets that they committed to but subsequently couldnt afford.

I could see STH's who buy tix for a whole series knowing they can recoup some of their money by selling tix to one of the two games...
Maybe, but I don't think the 5k-7k Hawks fans that attended the last Preds home game against CHI were all "well-heeled". They sure as hell don't behave like they were taught manners.

I noticed the fewest ever red jerseys at the arena when the Preds won game 5. I was stunned to see so few Wings fans. I know there wasn't much optimism for their fans going into game 5. But still...

I hope the buzz in and around Nashville brings more Preds fans to the games. Increased coverage in the press should attract the casual fan that is accustomed to paying $60-$100 for a football ticket.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Preds311

I don't know why it is hard for some of you guys to understand that fans don't travel well during the playoffs. Getting upset during the end of the season because fans traveled down for a regular season game on a weekend is silly. Nashville is a tourist destination and sure a majority of those fans had Nashville as a planned trip once the NHL schedule was released last year.

I think its a good thing for visiting fans to see how we do it, and do it well.

Preds311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:51 PM
SavageSteve

Those of us that renewed by 3/17 locked in our prices much cheaper. Perch of 304 for 1/2 season STH's is $28/game for round 2. I guess that's where we get some extra added value as a STH!! However, w/ the Pay As You Play agreement expiring after Round 2, there might be a lot more tickets available via box office if folks don't pay attention! I'm already seeing secondary markets for this round at ~$75-$80 per for upper goal zone... Freaking nuts!!

SavageSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:54 PM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageSteve View Post
Those of us that renewed by 3/17 locked in our prices much cheaper. Perch of 304 for 1/2 season STH's is $28/game for round 2. I guess that's where we get some extra added value as a STH!! However, w/ the Pay As You Play agreement expiring after Round 2, there might be a lot more tickets available via box office if folks don't pay attention! I'm already seeing secondary markets for this round at ~$75-$80 per for upper goal zone... Freaking nuts!!
where did you see pay as you play ends after 2nd round?

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Tennman

Quote:
I did the pay as you play and I have tickets in hand for all the games through the SCF. I'm not sure what your talking about with it ending after the second round.

Tennman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:33 PM
SavageSteve

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
where did you see pay as you play ends after 2nd round?
When I signed my Pay as You Play form, my rep (Kristin Smith) told me that it was for the first two rounds and then I had the option to opt out for 3 and 4 or renew it. In the packet for renewal which is in front of me, I only got pricing for rounds 1 & 2. Maybe there was some confusion on her part because that was what was listed ... I'll double-check.

SavageSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Adz

I have tickets in hand, too, but I only paid up front for the first two rounds. I figure I'll get a bill in the mail any day now. Seems like as soon as we won the first round last year we got an invoice for at least round 3.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:41 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
Bought tickets for 1, 2, and 5 in the first round, but don't think I can swing the second round. Just too much variability in the potential dates depending on whether we're on the road against PHX or at home against CHI and just the general scheduling flux between rounds one and two.

I may break down and go for a game or two, but I've done the 7-hour drive from Charlotte to Nashville for games like 7 times this year and it's a bit of a pain.

Cashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:32 PM
NorthAlPredfan

Why would we be on the road for Phoenix? Does it have tk do with the points totals at the end of the season? I'm kind of hoping for Phoenix if we start on the road seeing that I'm a little nervous about my ticket coming in the mail in time. Ticketmaster didn't have a will call option for U.S. available but charged $5 to ship via standard mail. Said it would be received in 10-14 days but I'm sufe if it was in Nashville by the weekend they would get it to me in time. Either that or they would owe me over $100.

NorthAlPredfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:24 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
well i'm a flex plan holder and I did renew before that date. My perk was a free lower bowl ticket for the home game against the oilers a few weeks back. other than that, I guess I'm not getting any discount, just not paying the fees, taxes, etc. However, if I did pay as you play like I normally do, I have no doubt I would've saved quite a bit more.

Old
04-23-2012, 09:52 PM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthAlPredfan View Post
Why would we be on the road for Phoenix? Does it have tk do with the points totals at the end of the season? I'm kind of hoping for Phoenix if we start on the road seeing that I'm a little nervous about my ticket coming in the mail in time. Ticketmaster didn't have a will call option for U.S. available but charged $5 to ship via standard mail. Said it would be received in 10-14 days but I'm sufe if it was in Nashville by the weekend they would get it to me in time. Either that or they would owe me over $100.
Phx gets home ice over us due to being the 3 seed, regardless of points.

Ticketmaster has an email option that let's u print your tix. I like that option best

Old
04-23-2012, 11:40 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Phx gets home ice over us due to being the 3 seed, regardless of points.

Ticketmaster has an email option that let's u print your tix. I like that option best
Printing them out on your computer is the ONLY option, imo.

Old
04-23-2012, 11:51 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

It'd be cool if your ticket option was a QR code you could just have on your phone.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 09:43 AM
Adz

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
It'd be cool if your ticket option was a QR code you could just have on your phone.
That'll happen in the future, I'm sure.

Didn't get an invoice yesterday so I'm not poor yet.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote