HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF Game 6 | Coyotes @ Blackhawks | 4-23-12 | 6PM | FSA + CNBC

Old
04-23-2012, 11:42 AM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

vCash: 500
Boedker, Hanzal and Korpikoski are taking the morning skate.

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:47 AM
TGOTC
Yer a wizard Oliver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTippett View Post
That's what I like to hear!

TGOTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
Quote:

Do it for Doan, do it for Raffi, do it for Mike, but most importantly, do it for me!!!!

Last edited by Naurutger: 04-23-2012 at 03:07 PM. Reason: I am self limiting myself to one picture a page today
Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 12:15 PM
BigGumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Do it for Doan, do it for Raffi, do it for Mike, but most importantly, do it for me!!!!
Does it matter who they do it for as long as they do it?

Not to me.

BigGumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
God forbid they put DBacks game number 11 out 274 this season on plus. Nope, let's put a ****ing elimination game on the **** channel that doesn't work.
Dude you don't understand, this game is really important! They can only afford to lose like 90 more games and still have a shot at the post season. Must win!

Ugh...****ing MLB baseball, talk about the most meaningless regular season in all of sports.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:53 PM
Yote Devil

Shoot the puck Doan and may the hockey gods please bring back korpi and Hanzal , are offense is disgusting. Go Dawgs!

Yote Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yote Devil View Post
Shoot the puck Doan...
If I see Doaner not shoot on another break away I'm going to freak out!

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:26 PM
CoyoteUgly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloAZ View Post
I really really really do NOT want to use my ticket to Game 7!!!!
Perhaps Emma would like to use your ticket if there's a game 7

CoyoteUgly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:31 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Great post Yotesreign.

I've become a fan of this team ever since they moved here back in 1996 when I was 10. As much as I truly want the Coyotes to advance and move on I think more than anything I just want to see Doan succeed for once. I've seen that guy cry way too many times, taking the blame for losses that weren't even his fault. There's not a more classy guy in the league who is more deserving of a little taste of success. Hopefully we have a healthy roster tonight. Win it for Doan!!!

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:48 PM
TickleMeYandle
Not so fast,

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
As much as I truly want the Coyotes to advance and move on I think more than anything I just want to see Doan succeed for once. I've seen that guy cry way too many times, taking the blame for losses that weren't even his fault. There's not a more classy guy in the league who is more deserving of a little taste of success.
That, time a million.

In a world filled with spoiled whiny brats who think they are the pinnacle of civilization because they can shoot a basketball, throw a football, shoot a puck, or hit a home run, Doan is one of those guys who is a genuinely nice guy, a hard worker, and an admirable character.

I remember when Charles Barkley did his "I am not a role model" ads. No kidding, I wouldn't want him to be a role model for my kids. But Doan? I can't think of anyone better. If my kids grow up to have even half of the leadership qualities, loyalty, kindness and willingness to work hard to get the job done that Doan has, I will consider myself to be lucky to be their mom.

TickleMeYandle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:49 PM
Stump

Any more injury updates? Korpi will be in I assume? Is Boedker injured? How about Hanzal, heard he took the morning skate?

Edit: found this. Confused about Korpi though.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...r-phoenix.html

Quote:
The Blackhawks roster is set but the Coyotes may or may not have some different bodies in the lineup tonight.

Martin Hanzal, Lauri Korpikoski and Mikkel Boedker are all game-time decisions for Phoenix tonight.

Hanzal played briefly in Game 1 before leaving, favoring his right leg. Korpikoski did play 16 minutes in Game 5. Boedker, who scored the game-winners in Games 3 and 4 played about 10 minutes on Saturday night.

Korpikoski and Boedker both talked following skate but neither divulged their status.

"They'll go through warm ups and we'll see where we're at," Tippett said.

Stump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:55 PM
Swat Ultra
~Hockey!~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stump View Post
Any more injury updates? Korpi will be in I assume? Is Boedker injured? How about Hanzal, heard he took the morning skate?

Edit: found this. Confused about Korpi though.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...r-phoenix.html
this whole game time dis, is used to try to mess with the hawks lineup.

If they know we are going with korpi, boeds and hanz they will have a better idea of lines and who to dress. We don't tell them anything so they cant plan.

Its not like they dont know if they will play after the morning skate.

Swat Ultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:01 PM
MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swat Ultra View Post
this whole game time dis, is used to try to mess with the hawks lineup.

If they know we are going with korpi, boeds and hanz they will have a better idea of lines and who to dress. We don't tell them anything so they cant plan.

Its not like they dont know if they will play after the morning skate.
Yep. If they can't lift their arms or skate without experiencing horrible agonizing pain, a massage and pre-game nap isn't going to change that. Tip knows exactly who he's dressing tonight, but there's no need for the Hawks to know about it.

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:07 PM

Doan hasn't had a playoff as bad as this one since the 90's. Vrbata has nearly been invisible as well. When you have key players that are not living up to their usual roles then a team usually falters. It's amazing that the Coyotes are one game away from eliminating the Hawks for that reason.

As a fan of the franchise since the rumors began to swirl that they would move to Phoenix my highlight has been seeing them win the division title this year. I consider that more of an achievement than their statistical best season because it was relative to the other teams in their division. They had never finished higher than the Ducks, Sharks, Kings and Stars in a season and I don't know that they ever won the division title in Winnipeg, but I imagine not (could be wrong).

If the Coyotes eliminate the Hawks that becomes the top highlight for me as a fan of this team. It's pretty impressive that they could pass one milestone with another.

I have a lot of faith in the Coyotes playing in Chicago. They just seemed to put it together better in Chicago from what I saw. The Coyotes are 1-2 in OT at home so far, the Hawks are 0-2 in OT at home so far. Typically I would call for a matching result in a series this close (as in the Hawks picking up a OT win at home), but I think the Coyotes might be able to close this one in regulation tonight.

Last edited by Guest: 04-23-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:17 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
The Blackhawks roster is set but the Coyotes may or may not have some different bodies in the lineup tonight.

Martin Hanzal, Lauri Korpikoski and Mikkel Boedker are all game-time decisions for Phoenix tonight.

Hanzal played briefly in Game 1 before leaving, favoring his right leg. Korpikoski did play 16 minutes in Game 5. Boedker, who scored the game-winners in Games 3 and 4 played about 10 minutes on Saturday night.

Korpikoski and Boedker both talked following skate but neither divulged their status.

"They'll go through warm ups and we'll see where we're at," Tippett said.
Once again crack reporting staff in Canadian Media. Hanzal played ALL of game 1, was injured in game 2.

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:20 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Once again crack reporting staff in Canadian Media. Hanzal played ALL of game 1, was injured in game 2.
The best part is Hanzal scored the OT winner in Game 1

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:30 PM
pacerhimself

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
He has a hell of a shot. All the way from the locker room.

pacerhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:22 PM
Magnifique

vCash: 50
I said this in the last GDT. Not sure what the fuss is, and we she was part of our loss last game.

Get some Ali or something going.

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:25 PM
LoneStarHockey

Good luck to you guys tonight, it's going to be a great game!

LoneStarHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:28 PM
pfp

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
And it's the fans in Phoenix that know nothing about the game

pfp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:36 PM
Sm4ckSm4sh
This is Atomic Love

Hey All,

I've been lurking this forum for a long time and I thought I would post tonight. On the verge of the biggest night since I have become a fan of the Coyotes.

I started watching the Coyotes since the lockout and they have become my favourite team. Being from Vancouver, with all the talent they have, I was drawn to Phoenix as they are one of the hardest working teams I have watched. They're humble, tough(not all toughness is fighting) and most of all they work for each other. They're a family.

After watching Doan's face for the past two series(Actually shed a tear last season when the idiot CBC report started off by asking "What do you think is going to happen to the Coyotes", and all Doan could choke out was "I don't know".) I want to see him smile after a series and getting all the "good luck in the next round" during the hand shakes.

I also want to see Tippett get some success too. I think he is the best coach, bar none in the league and he is the right type of guy for this Coyotes line-up.

Anyways, I will be cheering the Coyotes on loud and proud tonight. With my playoff beard(Was awesome answering people's "Why do you still have your playoff beard" questions). I think this game will be the only game won in RT.

Just so you know, there are some Canadians who don't want Phoenix to move, and this playoff win will show exactly why they belong in the desert. Plus I hope to be able to come down for a game next season as well. Let's Go 'Yotes!

Sm4ckSm4sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Vip
****n good milkshake

Go hawks!

Vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:41 PM
Vip
****n good milkshake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm4ckSm4sh View Post
Hey All,

I've been lurking this forum for a long time and I thought I would post tonight. On the verge of the biggest night since I have become a fan of the Coyotes.

I started watching the Coyotes since the lockout and they have become my favourite team. Being from Vancouver, with all the talent they have, I was drawn to Phoenix as they are one of the hardest working teams I have watched. They're humble, tough(not all toughness is fighting) and most of all they work for each other. They're a family.

After watching Doan's face for the past two series(Actually shed a tear last season when the idiot CBC report started off by asking "What do you think is going to happen to the Coyotes", and all Doan could choke out was "I don't know".) I want to see him smile after a series and getting all the "good luck in the next round" during the hand shakes.

I also want to see Tippett get some success too. I think he is the best coach, bar none in the league and he is the right type of guy for this Coyotes line-up.

Anyways, I will be cheering the Coyotes on loud and proud tonight. With my playoff beard(Was awesome answering people's "Why do you still have your playoff beard" questions). I think this game will be the only game won in RT.

Just so you know, there are some Canadians who don't want Phoenix to move, and this playoff win will show exactly why they belong in the desert. Plus I hope to be able to come down for a game next season as well. Let's Go 'Yotes!
Thank you!! Glad to hear the support, and welcome aboard

Go Coyotes!!

Vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:43 PM
slappipappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I have a lot of faith in the Coyotes playing in Chicago. They just seemed to put it together better in Chicago from what I saw. The Coyotes are 1-2 in OT at home so far, the Hawks are 0-2 in OT at home so far.

That's a pretty small sample size to base anything on.

All games have been pretty much the same, Chicago with a large territorial and shot advantage, and Phoenix relying upon the better goaltender to win 3/5 games.

The two OT games Chicago lost at home were largely the result of two exceptionally bad goofs from their goalie. While that could certainly happen again, it really has nothing to do with where the game is played.

slappipappi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:45 PM
BigGumby

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappipappi View Post
That's a pretty small sample size to base anything on.

All games have been pretty much the same, Chicago with a large territorial and shot advantage, and Phoenix relying upon the better goaltender to win 3/5 games.

The two OT games Chicago lost at home were largely the result of two exceptionally bad goofs from their goalie. While that could certainly happen again, it really has nothing to do with where the game is played.
But the Yotes have not lost two games in a row. So, that means they are guaranteed a win tonight, right?

BigGumby is offline   Reply With Quote