HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ECQF #6| Apr. 22, 2012|Penguins at Flyers

Old
04-23-2012, 12:33 PM
Flyerfan4life

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
If we are so blessed as to have the Flyers advance to the Stanley Cup finals, I wouldn't necessarily want the Kings as the opponents, as I can just imagine Richards with something to prove over the trade.
agreed, but dont you think that would make for an exciting final ??

least it would be a clean series not a total goon fest of dirty hits ala Pens..

Flyerfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Briere's offside goal made it 3-1, not 3-3. The Pens could have shrugged that goal off.
If they had any character.

And then tell me about the key goal in the 10-3 game, Letang's IIRC, when Malkin kicked Read's feet out from under him as he skated out to challenge the point.

Or KNeal being in the crease on Malkin's goal yesterday, which should have been disallowed.

There will never be enough excuses for whiny Pens fans. They are as arrogant as their spineless team.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:13 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
If they had any character.

And then tell me about the key goal in the 10-3 game, Letang's IIRC, when Malkin kicked Read's feet out from under him as he skated out to challenge the point.

Or KNeal being in the crease on Malkin's goal yesterday, which should have been disallowed.

There will never be enough excuses for whiny Pens fans. They are as arrogant as their spineless team.
and their ******-bag coach..

that comment from him about "cant say i wish them good luck" was such a clear vision into how that guy coachs.. its no wonder the Pens are full of jack-offs.. it stems from the coach on down..

at least be gracious in defeat and accept you lost, and try again next year..

but dont sit there and pout at your presser.. makes you look like a fool, instead of just the coach that lost.

the Pens and their coach deserve each other if you ask me.. bunch of idiots all in the same room..

Old
04-23-2012, 01:32 PM
LIPensFan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
and hard to argue that your best player, Neal, got nothing for head hunting Couturier & should not have played in the series after that.

don't tell me Torres' history was worth 25 games more than what Neal got for that [which was 0 for the hit on Couturier ]
The key to todays NHL is simple - when you get hit, play dead or stumble around like you are concussed. If you do, suspensions will follow. Luckily for the Flyers, Crosby didn't do that when the best player in the world hit him yesterday. If he did, the best player in the world would have been visiting with Shanny today.

LIPensFan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:38 PM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIPensFan98 View Post
The key to todays NHL is simple - when you get hit, play dead or stumble around like you are concussed. If you do, suspensions will follow. Luckily for the Flyers, Crosby didn't do that when the best player in the world hit him yesterday. If he did, the best player in the world would have been visiting with Shanny today.
It's gonna be hard for Crosby from here on out if he can't survive clear arm-to-shoulder contact while playing the puck.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
lol, do you really beleive that ???

if you seriously think the Roo's hit on Cindy was illegal, then that pretty much sums up what everyone says about pens fans in a single statement

Old
04-23-2012, 02:29 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Look, pretty much everyone involved with the game of hockey fears that the next big hit on Crosby will put him out of the game for another long time, if not end his career. And that includes a lot of Flyers fans. Still, I don't think you'll find many people (outside of Pittsburgh) saying that that hit was illegal. Instead it's being praised for what it was: a text book play, and the mark of a great player showing that he's gonna win this game.

mirimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Coppy

Quote:

Coppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:35 PM
Krishna

Pens fans so ********

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:37 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
If you do, suspensions will follow.
wrong. Neal knocked Coots out.
got nothing.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:50 PM
MrHockey1982

Quote:

Wow a Crosby fan admitting that Giroux is the best player in the world currently! Nice job!!!

MrHockey1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Brostradamus
LegionOfDoom Reunion

Quote:
I love how Pens fans all over twitter, FB, ect are so ******** about the best player in the world remark. His coach said it so obviously he has some bias but even so the stats don't lie for these playoffs.
Giroux 6GP 6G 8A 14P +6
Crosby 6 GP 3G 5A 8P -3
Malkin 6GP 3G 5A 8P -1
Ovechkin 6GP 2G 3A 5P +0

That even includes all of the garbage points 87 and 71 scored during the joke that was Game 4. The statement was that Giroux is the best player in the NHL right now, not 2 weeks ago or 3 years ago when those two were on top of the hockey world. The obvious point is that neither of those two are still playing for the right to win the cup so again right now Giroux is the best player in the world. The Flyers don't depend on two players to carry their team, which I'm sure your aware of after this series, so the scoring throughout the regular season is more balanced and spread out among the team. Too early to call him the best player in the NHL as a whole? Probably, Stamkos, Malkin, Crosby, and Ovechkin are all still better right now, not to say that can't change but as of the play in these playoffs Giroux is hands down the best, and hes not going anywhere for years to come so I would suggest dealing with it.

Brostradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Krishna

Quote:

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Chris Pronger
Valar morghulis

vCash: 50

Chris Pronger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Jumping

The best part is imagining Crosby sitting in his parents basement, watching the Dryer spin round and round...

Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumping View Post
The best part is imagining Crosby sitting in his parents basement, watching the Dryer spin round and round...
waiting for his diaper to dry out from tears ?

Old
04-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Xegiie

and don't forget TOI. I remember Malkin and crosby being double shifted during 5on5. While Giroux wasn't.

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:35 PM
mirimon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
and don't forget TOI. I remember Malkin and crosby being double shifted during 5on5. While Giroux wasn't.
Eh, Giroux did play some extra shifts now and then. He saw more ice time than Crosby during the series. He plays the PK though, which neither Crosby nor Malkin does for the Penguins. Of course, he had a few points there as well.

Old
04-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionofDoom627 View Post
I love how Pens fans all over twitter, FB, ect are so ******** about the best player in the world remark. His coach said it so obviously he has some bias but even so the stats don't lie for these playoffs.
Orpik said he was the best player on the ice, so does that matter?

It's not relevant, really. Any 'best of' is going to have lots of debate. I don't really care if he's 'the' best, he's one of the best and that's all that really needs saying.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:53 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
Eh, Giroux did play some extra shifts now and then. He saw more ice time than Crosby during the series. He plays the PK though, which neither Crosby nor Malkin does for the Penguins. Of course, he had a few points there as well.
i said 5on 5 becuase of this..
PK isn't exactly same as 5 on 5 for goal scoring, don't you agree?
even tho yes he did score there

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:59 PM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

Quote:
If I remember correctly, he had some extra shifts with Wellwood, saw him out there also with Jake

kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:12 PM
mirimon

Quote:
i said 5on 5 becuase of this..
PK isn't exactly same as 5 on 5 for goal scoring, don't you agree?
even tho yes he did score there
Yeah, but their time on ice while 5 on 5 are not that different. Giroux and Crosby both averaged 15 minutes, while Malkin had about a minute more. Giroux was double shifted at times, in place of guys like Rinaldo and I think Wellwood was sat once or twice as well. The real difference in TOI between the three is on the PP where Crosby and Malkin were out pretty much non stop, and then Giroux playing on the PK.

Old
04-23-2012, 04:19 PM
PhillyFlying
F1eyrS

Quote:
giroux was double shifted a lot in this series. he got quite a few shifts with jake and wellwood and a few with read and simmonds if i remember correctly. especially in game 5 when the flyers were down by a goal in the third, he was out there probably every other shift.

PhillyFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:49 PM
drownedsailors

So let me get this straight...we suck all year in afternoon games, but win the most important one on Sunday?

Fine by me

drownedsailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:52 PM
ChicagoBlues

Blues fan here in peace! Don't like the Flyers at all, but am here to rave about Giroux.

He has become one of my favorite players. Giroux is special and you are lucky to have him.

On a side note, I'm sad that Chris Pronger cannot help you on this run.

Flyers-Blues Final??

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote