HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Nash vs. Parise; B. Ryan discussion

View Poll Results: Nash or Parise...Who should we go after?
Nash 23 13.77%
Parise 94 56.29%
Either one, doesnt matter 19 11.38%
Don't want either one 31 18.56%
Voters: 167. You may not vote on this poll

Old
04-23-2012, 03:42 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

vCash: 500
Nash vs. Parise; B. Ryan discussion

Who is it that you would rather have as the primary target for Sather?

Positives are both are very talented players that are great on powerplay scoring...One is a strong Power Forward, one can handle the puck really wel...But the negatives to acquiring both...

NEGATIVES
Nash:
  • That contract...
  • Trading probably more youth/current roster players to acquire him
  • Pretty bad production this season
  • Might have to trade one of the core four D-Men (MDZ, McD, Staal, Girardi)

Parise:
  • Probably even bigger contract...
  • Ridiculous $$$ cost = Damaging the cap/limiting the signings of our youth?
  • Maybe a product of the system?
  • Fear of NJD players going bust as NYR again

poeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:46 PM
McDonaghisGod
Why not us?

I believe Parise will be overpaid. He hasn't lead the Devils anywhere in the playoffs.

McDonaghisGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:48 PM
IAMREALITY

Parise in a heartbeat please.

Parise is no gomez. He is one of the extremely rare Devs I actually like and respect; with the previous being Langenbrunner.

Zach has plenty of good years left in him and has a great work ethic and locker room presence. I'd love to get him.

IAMREALITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:48 PM
stan the caddy

Honestly, I'd rather avoid both. Jumping on a high paid big name player is a same old rangers move. I don't want another monster contract on the books.

stan the caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Parise over Nash AINEC...

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:52 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Parise if I HAD to choose. But I would probably opt for neither.

Personally, I think a PP triggerman from the point is a bigger hole on this team atm.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:55 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Parise is the better player, but I think Nash is the better goal scorer.

I think we have a solid enough foundation where we need to bring in that lethal sniper type player and I believe Nash is that kind of guy.

Defensively we are fine.

Offensively we are deficient that secondary goal scoring threat aside from Gaborik

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 03:57 PM
MSGFaithful

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the caddy View Post
Honestly, I'd rather avoid both. Jumping on a high paid big name player is a same old rangers move. I don't want another monster contract on the books.
Agreed. We have a ton of great prospects in our system. Let's stick with that.

If I had to choose at gunpoint...Parise. Nash is way more expensive.

MSGFaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:00 PM
stan the caddy

The biggest hole is a defenseman that can shoot. Stralman's our only guy with a decent shot and he probably won't be around for that much longer.

stan the caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:01 PM
Zats Muccarello
Grinder

Parise over Nash but I hope we don't get either. Let our prospects develop. We've thrown money at superstars many times and I think it would be better to let the kids grow and dominate in their own time.

If anything I would target Edmonton's first rounder.

Zats Muccarello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:02 PM
True Blue

Both are fantasy, as the Rangers cannot afford such a cap him.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:03 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Remember when the Blackhawks made the unreal signing of Hossa after they acquired him mid-season. They got extra stacked...We probably dont need either one to make the playoffs. But I worry we may need one or the other for the run to the Cup.

Rick Nash seems like the more logical choice I guess..

poeman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:05 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
There is no doubt that Glen Sather lusted to bring Rick Nash to New York, but when the Rangers’ general manager stuck to his guns in resisting Columbus’ demands that the package in return would have to include either Ryan McDonagh or Michael Del Zotto plus either Derek Stepan or Carl Hagelin, plus Boston College winger Chris Kreider and Brandon Dubinsky, talks that went to the wire on Monday’s 3 p.m. trade deadline ultimately went nowhere.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1stpMJe7p

Still want Nash?

The price is not going to drop.

Nash hasn't had a 40 goal season since 2008-09. 4 playoff games in his career. How can he be the final piece with 4 playoff games on his resume? Any team going into the playoffs with Nash will face doubts and questions about his lack of playoff experience.

Parise is going to Detroit.

The Rangers aren't the Sharks or the Canucks with a roster full of players in their 20s/early 30s. People are panicking too much. Blow up the team. Go trade for one player.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:08 PM
McDunna with Fries

if i HAD to pick one it would be Parise, rather take a cap hit than take a cap hit AND lose prospects.

McDunna with Fries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:10 PM
JayQueensNY88*

While Nash's #'s arent all impressive considering his price tag,it makes Parise look the better candidate...

But lets not all forget,NASH has basically **** around him.But him around guys like Stepan,callahan,Kredier,Gaborik,Richards and DelZotto,McDonagh,Staal and Girardi..he may show why he is REALLY getting what he gets paid..this crosses my mind so im not sure where to go.Either way there price tage are and will be alot,more than I would like to put on NYR cap hit.but if NYR could make a few moves and easily fill the void with a Parise or Nash cap hit,well, it seems worth it...

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:10 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Not a true apples to apples test. Nash means trading assets. Parise would be a FA signing.

04-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Reijo R

Hate to break it to you guys, but Sather will be desperate to bring a big piece here, due to the fact that Hank, Gabby and Richards are all now 30-31 years of age. I doubt he thinks he can wait 3 years for Kreider, Erixon and McIlrath to become important cogs. I think the trade will be:

Dubinsky (for salary purposes)
Del Zotto
Kreider (I know, I know....I'm nuts. But you'll see when it happens. Remember, Sather will be desperate, especially if they don't advance past Ottawa).

Forget Parise, they need the cap space for their own players. Trading away Dubi, MDZ and CK20 clears up the space for Nash.

Reijo R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:18 PM
NY Lito
Blueshirt Pride

Parise isn't coming here, and the price for Nash means he's not coming here either.

In a dream scenario, we'd sign Parise, then trade Dubi+ for an offensive d-man.

NY Lito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:24 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reijo R View Post
Hate to break it to you guys, but Sather will be desperate to bring a big piece here, due to the fact that Hank, Gabby and Richards are all now 30-31 years of age. I doubt he thinks he can wait 3 years for Kreider, Erixon and McIlrath to become important cogs. I think the trade will be:

Del Zotto
Kreider (I know, I know....I'm nuts. But you'll see when it happens. Remember, Sather will be desperate, especially if they don't advance past Ottawa).

Forget Parise, they need the cap space for their own players. Trading away Dubi, MDZ and CK20 clears up the space for Nash.
DZ and Kreider and Dubi for NASH I would not be happy with this deal in any sense!!!!!!!! Its losing DZ that i think hurts most man,im a big fan of this kid..D-men are hard to come by on top of it giving up a kid like Kreider as well.I DONT LIKE THIS AT ALL

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:26 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reijo R View Post

Del Zotto

Based on what? Sather really hasn't been prone to panic moves. And he's certainly not going to give more now after Scott Howson's ridiculous asking price. Especially as he may very well be bidding against himself.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:36 PM
Cmox

I'm thinking Dubi will have a superior season in 2013 But the question is too little too late? that being said avoid em both.

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:45 PM
TrueBlue9

BOBBY RYAN

but out of these two Parise no question

TrueBlue9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:50 PM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Based on what? Sather really hasn't been prone to panic moves. And he's certainly not going to give more now after Scott Howson's ridiculous asking price. Especially as he may very well be bidding against himself.
I agree that the Parise Nash debate is rigged in favor of Parise. Cash will always win out over giving up prospects.

Dubi, Kreider, DZ, and a no 1possibly will get the deal done. There will be more bidders in the off season as cap money can be freed up over the Summer. Teams with disappointing finishes will be more apt to pull the trigger. I still believe that Sather would rather let the next GM pull the trigger on any 'big deals".

ltrangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:51 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
Parise 1000%. Only costs $$$, not $$$ + prospects + the kitchen sink, unlike Nash.

KingWantsCup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Baby Punisher

I do not want any more NJ Devil free agent rejects. I wanted to trade for Nash all year. I like Dubi, but Dubi ain't no Nash & never will be. Hopefully we will see a draft day deal where the NYR aquire Nash for a package of players & this years first rounder.

I think it obvious that this team is missing something on the top 6. Kreider isn't the answer this season, or next. He may be the answer in 2 or 3 years. Nash is a star now! Nash also fit's into Tort's grinding out style of play better than Parise.

Baby Punisher is online now   Reply With Quote