HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Round 2 - WCSF - Kings vs. Blues Series - Kings Forum Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-23-2012, 04:33 PM
  #76
UgotOSHIED
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GummiBaked View Post
deploy Clifford.
Deploy Reaves

UgotOSHIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:33 PM
  #77
1971kingsfan
Registered User
 
1971kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 23
vCash: 500
Everyone piling onto Mike Richards needs to go back and watch the series again. The guy was huge! The things he did don't show up on the score board. He led by example. How many huge face-offs did he win in the final minutes of the game. He was consistently the only king who would drive the center of the ice. On multiple occasions he was a pest around the net freeing up other players. His defense was really strong as well. On the final scramble in game 3 look who skate is anchoring quick to the goalpost.

1971kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:44 PM
  #78
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971kingsfan View Post
Everyone piling onto Mike Richards needs to go back and watch the series again. The guy was huge! The things he did don't show up on the score board. He led by example. How many huge face-offs did he win in the final minutes of the game. He was consistently the only king who would drive the center of the ice. On multiple occasions he was a pest around the net freeing up other players. His defense was really strong as well. On the final scramble in game 3 look who skate is anchoring quick to the goalpost.
Majority of what he brought was positive. One area I think he needs to work on is his passing.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 04:57 PM
  #79
Fishhead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,107
vCash: 500
Clifford for King is the obvious change when he comes back. I'm fine with either of those two sitting, really. Clifford when we need more sandpaper, King when we need more size.

St. Louis has a very mobile defense, so Cliff might be a bit better suited because he is faster and can get in on the forecheck.

Fishhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 05:09 PM
  #80
Perro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
Clifford for King is the obvious change when he comes back. I'm fine with either of those two sitting, really. Clifford when we need more sandpaper, King when we need more size.

St. Louis has a very mobile defense, so Cliff might be a bit better suited because he is faster and can get in on the forecheck.
Anytime a a team can trade a player like Erik Johnson and not create a big whole on the back end you know they are deep.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 05:31 PM
  #81
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!
 
TwoForRoughing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UCLA, Los Angeles
Posts: 2,258
vCash: 500
I know people will disagree, but if Clifford is healthy, I would scratch Fraser and do Clifford-Richardson-Nolan.

TwoForRoughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 05:36 PM
  #82
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow
 
WhatTheFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: the Black Hole
Posts: 2,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
I know people will disagree, but if Clifford is healthy, I would scratch Fraser and do Clifford-Richardson-Nolan.
That 4th line has been a major factor in getting this team into the playoffs, as well as bringing some outstanding play towards the end of the Van series. Through it all, there's been a constant and it's name is Colin Fraser.

WhatTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 05:39 PM
  #83
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards
 
Live in the Now's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: LA
Country: United States
Posts: 31,603
vCash: 500
Clifford should stay out of the lineup. Sucks for him, but he hasn't had a great season and his replacement came in and did a better job than he has done this season. It's no time to be sentimental or look forward to what will happen in the offseason, this team has the best chance to win with Clifford out and King/Fraser/Nolan/Penner/Richardson in.

Live in the Now is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 05:43 PM
  #84
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow
 
WhatTheFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: the Black Hole
Posts: 2,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Clifford should stay out of the lineup. Sucks for him, but he hasn't had a great season and his replacement came in and did a better job than he has done this season. It's no time to be sentimental or look forward to what will happen in the offseason, this team has the best chance to win with Clifford out and King/Fraser/Nolan/Penner/Richardson in.
I'd disagree only because I thought King looked real bad in this series.

WhatTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:25 PM
  #85
vh2k7
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 670
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vh2k7 Send a message via MSN to vh2k7 Send a message via Skype™ to vh2k7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I'd disagree only because I thought King looked real bad in this series.
First 4 games I totally agree. He was nails in game 5 though. Maybe he finally got his legs under him. Voynov was pretty bad in the series too, are we going to bail on him for Drewiske?

I think, at the moment, Clifford should stay out because the other guys are more likely to do something positive than he is. Clifford, in a physical series like this, not having played in a few games, a couple weeks practically...feels like a lock for bad penalties and mediocre at best play. It's not like we're holding out a dominant player here; we're holding out a guy that had an extremely up and down series with a penchant for bad penalties. If the series gets really rough and tumble and they could use his style of play, bring him in. However, I believe the lineup as it was constructed last night is tough enough to handle an extremely physical matchup with St. Louis and ever so slightly more talented because of it. Also feels like there's less risk associated.

vh2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:26 PM
  #86
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I'd disagree only because I thought King looked real bad in this series.
I thought his game really improved when he was sent out with Lewis and Stoll. He was able to simplify his game to match theirs, without worrying about trying to play up to Richards and Carter (something I think he was guilty of all series).

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Penner-Richards-Carter
King-Stoll-Lewis
Richie-Fraser-Nolan

Is how I'd roll going into next series. Clifford is on standby for injuries or if any of Richie, Nolan, King or Penner suck excessively.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:46 PM
  #87
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck
 
Mr. Canucklehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Kitimat, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Clifford should stay out of the lineup. Sucks for him, but he hasn't had a great season and his replacement came in and did a better job than he has done this season. It's no time to be sentimental or look forward to what will happen in the offseason, this team has the best chance to win with Clifford out and King/Fraser/Nolan/Penner/Richardson in.
This. Those guys in your bottom six were dynamite in the first round, why mess that up? Clifford brings an element that is (supposed to be...) a bit redundant in the playoffs. The players listed above all had a strong impact thus far, it only makes sense to reward them by allowing them to keep playing.

Mr. Canucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:47 PM
  #88
SLang
Registered User
 
SLang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 3,613
vCash: 500
I still think MR got hurt in game 2 on that draw against Kesler. This was right before the famous Kesler tumbleweed dive.

Watch Richards react for a second right after Kesler cross-checks him across the forearm right after the puck drop (0:40 in the linked video). Then he winces again after he crosses the blue line when the play gets blown dead (0:48).


SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:07 PM
  #89
redcard
Registered User
 
redcard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,463
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLang View Post
I still think MR got hurt in game 2 on that draw against Kesler. This was right before the famous Kesler tumbleweed dive.

Watch Richards react for a second right after Kesler cross-checks him across the forearm right after the puck drop (0:40 in the linked video). Then he winces again after he crosses the blue line when the play gets blown dead (0:48).
I'm 90% sure you're right, but I don't necessarily think the Kesler play caused the injury. I think it was game 1 where he reached out and knocked down a shot with the inside of his hand (I think the right hand). Another point in game 1 or 2 I remember him getting slashed after a face-off on the hand as well and wincing quite a bit after the play. Between all of that I wouldn't be surprised if he's been playing through a nagging hand injury. Can't support any of this with video evidence, but I'd wager that if anyone had the games dvr'd and wanted to go back and watch the first 2 games with a little more emphasis on Richard's mannerisms they'd notice the same things.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:14 PM
  #90
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Richardson out

Clifford in

I can't even begin to see why we would leave Richardson in the line up over Clifford.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:17 PM
  #91
WhatTheFox
Jacha-chacha-chachow
 
WhatTheFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: the Black Hole
Posts: 2,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
I'm 90% sure you're right, but I don't necessarily think the Kesler play caused the injury. I think it was game 1 where he reached out and knocked down a shot with the inside of his hand (I think the right hand). Another point in game 1 or 2 I remember him getting slashed after a face-off on the hand as well and wincing quite a bit after the play. Between all of that I wouldn't be surprised if he's been playing through a nagging hand injury. Can't support any of this with video evidence, but I'd wager that if anyone had the games dvr'd and wanted to go back and watch the first 2 games with a little more emphasis on Richard's mannerisms they'd notice the same things.
I'm betting it's when he got plastered by Booth

WhatTheFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:20 PM
  #92
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast
 
Seventyx7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Norcal
Country: United States
Posts: 1,137
vCash: 500
I'm excited for the matchup of Pietrangelo and Doughty. Two of the top young d-men in the game, should be awesome to watch.

I think Kings take this in 6 games. Game 6 in OT, with Lewis burying the winner. Literally can't wait.

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:31 PM
  #93
TwoMinutesWellWorthI*
 
TwoMinutesWellWorthI*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Richardson out

Clifford in

I can't even begin to see why we would leave Richardson in the line up over Clifford.
I don't get statements like this. What has Clifford actually done that makes him an obvious choice over Richardson?

TwoMinutesWellWorthI* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:50 PM
  #94
Kings man 4 life
Registered User
 
Kings man 4 life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peoples Repub. of CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Richardson is a regular season enigma, but a playoff fiend no way we take him out now, this isn't TM hockey where its bazaro line ups. Sutter rewards good play and Richardson will once again show he was worth that 2nd round pick.

Kings man 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:12 PM
  #95
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Clifford should stay out of the lineup. Sucks for him, but he hasn't had a great season and his replacement came in and did a better job than he has done this season. It's no time to be sentimental or look forward to what will happen in the offseason, this team has the best chance to win with Clifford out and King/Fraser/Nolan/Penner/Richardson in.
Pretty much.

But as soon as Richie has an average game, people will be demanding that Clifford return to the lineup. Hopefully, DS will be able to get Clifford into a game or two in the series.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:23 PM
  #96
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France
 
savemefromtears's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: City of Angels
Country: United States
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
I know people will disagree, but if Clifford is healthy, I would scratch Fraser and do Clifford-Richardson-Nolan.
Have to strongly disagree.

For as many fights as Fraser has lost, he's been the backbone of that gritty 4th line.

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:31 PM
  #97
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,688
vCash: 500
I think Sutter keeps Richardson in the lineup until he plays his way back into the pressbox. If that doesn't happen, then it will be because Richardson is playing like he did in the last two games.

Unfortunately, history tells us Richardson is probably good for another couple games like the last two and then he will start having problems with dumb penalities and coverages in his own zone.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:38 PM
  #98
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14
 
CTKingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 2,426
vCash: 500
Sit Richardson? Sit Clifford?


Richardson has been huge for 2 playoff series. (this year vs Vancouver & last year vs San Jose) and Clifford was one of top players in last years series. Scored multiple goals if I remember correctly.

Judge guys on playoff performance not regular season performance

CTKingsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:39 PM
  #99
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by savemefromtears View Post
Have to strongly disagree.

For as many fights as Fraser has lost, he's been the backbone of that gritty 4th line.
If anything, I would scratch Clifford, so, he doesn't have to fight Reaves. Let Reaves fight Nolan.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:49 PM
  #100
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs
 
DocWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 8,828
vCash: 500
Is Clifford even set to come back yet?

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.