archie20

vCash: 500
Its way too early in the season

archie20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2011, 10:53 PM
archie20

Too early in the season to tell, do they have the same coaches as last year?

Old
10-23-2011, 10:11 AM
william1111

monarchs

Monarchs won another one last night in the interlake... This maybe the team to beat this year.... New coaches and I hear that the players have a new attitude

william1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2011, 04:32 PM
blackhawksfan15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysnore View Post
Don't judge players by who made allstar teams. All teams are represented but, some do not have any players that would be deserving. Allstar games should be picked with the top players available regardless of how many teams. Hawks had a few "allstars" on D.
Yes, I completely agree with that. Many people that were in the allstar team did not deserve to be there. Except one thing I forgot to mention that she was nominated for top defense, i've never seen that before in my life! You do make a good point though, the Hawks D were not strong whatsoever.

blackhawksfan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2011, 02:05 PM
Realistdad

Rumor

So what's the deal with Miller quitting the Sharks? Must be something bad going on there that he would do such a thing in a draft year....doesn't seem like a positive move for someone who wants to get drafted.

Realistdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:49 AM
puckedhockey

Regardless of Miller's quitting. Who are the boys to watch this last half of the year leading to the draft? The orginal list is pretty far off now isn't it?

puckedhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 12:54 PM
dumpitin

Miller quit, but watching him a couple games this year, it was clear he had started to quit awhile ago. Not playing with the same fire as last year. The Sharks now prepared to let him sit out, he won't get his wish to go to a team in Sask.
The few scouts I have spoken to have said they wouldn't tough him with a 10 foot pole come draft time. Good bets someone will still take a chance on him though.
A few scouts have commented how the 97 crop is way more talented, a more solid group, than last year's 96 group.

dumpitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2011, 10:16 PM
archie20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpitin View Post
Miller quit, but watching him a couple games this year, it was clear he had started to quit awhile ago. Not playing with the same fire as last year. The Sharks now prepared to let him sit out, he won't get his wish to go to a team in Sask.
The few scouts I have spoken to have said they wouldn't tough him with a 10 foot pole come draft time. Good bets someone will still take a chance on him though.
A few scouts have commented how the 97 crop is way more talented, a more solid group, than last year's 96 group.

Too bad he doesn't understand "Team", he has a lot of talent but needs grow up, maybe Notre Dame would be good for him?

Old
12-01-2011, 08:28 AM
puckedhockey

Ok we all know about his talent and his "issues" but let's talk about the top 97's that WANT to play hockey. Can we get a list going on the top 20 forwards, 10 defensemen and 5 goalies. So we can have a good discussion about the great talent in Manitoba.

Old
12-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Realistdad

Top Prospects

I would throw these names out there to start...having not seen many rural players.....
FWDS - Conrad (PV), Kilbrei (Interlake), Purtill (Sharks), Williams (POE), Kolesar (Hawks), Keane (Monarchs), Court (Monarchs), Bouchard (Warriors), Uhryniuk (Sharks)
Defense - Woods (PV), Lenchyshyn(Eastman), Gardiner (Sharks), Lamothe (Warriors), Layte (Monarchs)
Goalies - Martyniuk(Hawks), Verheist (Brandon), Dola (Interlake)

Old
12-12-2011, 02:23 PM
archie20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realistdad View Post
I would throw these names out there to start...having not seen many rural players.....
FWDS - Conrad (PV), Kilbrei (Interlake), Purtill (Sharks), Williams (POE), Kolesar (Hawks), Keane (Monarchs), Court (Monarchs), Bouchard (Warriors), Uhryniuk (Sharks)
Defense - Woods (PV), Lenchyshyn(Eastman), Gardiner (Sharks), Lamothe (Warriors), Layte (Monarchs)
Goalies - Martyniuk(Hawks), Verheist (Brandon), Dola (Interlake)
Half way through the season, has anyone seen any surprises out there?

Old
12-15-2011, 11:35 PM
Thekid1997
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
I have been following this age group for some time now, both city and rural (winter and summer)....and one you have overlooked is the vaeth kid from Crunch/Seine River. he has alot of skill and just plain wins. saw him beat Pepsi and handle Colts in summer, and was starting goaltender as '97 in Bantam AA All-star (Rural) game on team full of '96s. he is son of the Goldeyes coach and talking with scouts i know, will be watched for next year. waiting to hear from my friend in Eastman Minor hockey if he made Directors Cup
I have played with kaynen vaeth for one season and i know he's an all around good goalie. He has speed ,stamina,smarts,and strength. He is a very good goalie,and will make it somewhere in his future career in hockey

Thekid1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2011, 11:43 PM
Thekid1997
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapstick204 View Post
I agree with the above. A few names mentioned before with potential :

Rylee Zimmer: tall and smart on the ice
Meyer Nell:tremendous work ethic and fast
Cole Oliver:strong , aggressive player
Jake Coulter: small , but amazing skater
Hayden Dola:Goalie with lots of skill
Brett Friesen:Goalie with potential.
I'd like to start off by saying yes i can agree Rylee Zimmer is a good forward. He's quick with the puck,has a good shot,and can definitely skate,his only flaw is that he gets off his game very easily. In the 2010-2011 tournament of champions in Brandon,against seine river snipers i drew 3 penalties from him in a span of 15 minutes.
If his coach didn't tell him to smarten up he would've been kicked out of the game. As soon as he learns to control his temper he'll be unstoppable

Last edited by Thekid1997: 12-16-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Thekid1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2011, 01:04 PM
dumpitin

First saw Zimmer about 5 years ago in a spring tournament. He was on the ice for the whole game, didn't go to the bench once. As tired as he was, still dominated. Saw he was a special kid then, and when I have seen him since, it still holds true.
As for getting thrown off his game, there are not many 14 year olds that handle the attention they get from other players sometimes in the best way. It is a learning process, and I am sure he will figure it out.

dumpitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Realistdad

AAA AllStar

Anyone have thoughts on the AAA All Star selections?

Old
01-21-2012, 11:10 AM
hockeyWinnipeg
Rookie User

I see the Nanton on this list, this year was cut from AAA b1 but played b2 last year and apperently was a good shut down d-man in peewee AA befor that, also went to the all-star game in his peewee year. Anybody have an opinion?

hockeyWinnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2012, 01:50 PM
Realistdad

That list is very old....alot of those kids never made B2 last year.....so don't read anything into the names on it.

Old
01-24-2012, 02:37 AM
WesternHockeyScout

RE: Rylee Zimmer

We still have Zimmer as the top ranked prospect in Manitoba. Gardiner is another with first round potential. Most clubs we talk to have dropped Miller off the board for the first round, but I think someone will still take a chance on him - maybe not using their first pick overall, however.

Jackson Keane is having a great year and with his blood line, that may be enough to solidify him in the first 2 or 3 rounds.

Dark horse from Manitoba is Jordy Stallard from Brandon. Lots of buzz behind the scenes on this kid.

Travis Kilbrei, Colt Conrad and Ethan Williams also have 2nd or 3rd round potential.

Into the 3rd through 5th rounds, Kolesar, Kuczek, Purtill, Anderson, Verhelst and Allison are gaining interest.

Leipsic, Oliver, Dola, Groot & Armour are other names getting attention in Manitoba.

Last edited by WesternHockeyScout: 01-24-2012 at 02:50 AM. Reason: spelling
WesternHockeyScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2012, 08:08 PM
whockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternHockeyScout View Post
RE: Rylee Zimmer

We still have Zimmer as the top ranked prospect in Manitoba. Gardiner is another with first round potential. Most clubs we talk to have dropped Miller off the board for the first round, but I think someone will still take a chance on him - maybe not using their first pick overall, however.

Jackson Keane is having a great year and with his blood line, that may be enough to solidify him in the first 2 or 3 rounds.

Dark horse from Manitoba is Jordy Stallard from Brandon. Lots of buzz behind the scenes on this kid.

Travis Kilbrei, Colt Conrad and Ethan Williams also have 2nd or 3rd round potential.

Into the 3rd through 5th rounds, Kolesar, Kuczek, Purtill, Anderson, Verhelst and Allison are gaining interest.

Leipsic, Oliver, Dola, Groot & Armour are other names getting attention in Manitoba.
Manitoba: Layte?Court?

whockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2012, 01:04 PM
Realistdad

I think both Layte and Court should get a look. Before Layte got hurt he was the Monarchs best D. Court is solid, two way player....not sold on Anderson from the Warriors though....smart but too slow. Taraschuk and Lamothe are better skaters. Also think Bouchard from Warriors will get a look....

Old
02-14-2012, 10:48 AM
puckedhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realistdad View Post
That list is very old....alot of those kids never made B2 last year.....so don't read anything into the names on it.
After this past weekends Show Case, who would you now put on the list of top Manitobans?

Old
04-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Slapstick204

Post showcases and spring POE

Guess we are down to 40 players now , a few surprises.Official list not out yet. Some kids didn't have a good Spring POE, but made it through based on performance througout the year , which is probably fair. Players who were consistant at the 3 Showcases [ Lycar , Conrad , Wirth , Nell , McDonald amongst others ] also had a good POE and will likely all be at the top 40 camp. Dola , Petit and Holben looked good in net. Verhelst had a great year though and should be there? Lots of depth in this group.

Slapstick204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:43 AM
puckedhockey

So anyone know who made it and who didn't?

Old
04-23-2012, 09:23 AM
Slapstick204

Top 40

Here are the players we heard about, official list will come out early May. Please add or correct.
Stallard, Lawrence, Campanella, Shearer, Compton and Verhelst from Brandon, Dola and Kilbrei from Interlake, Nell and Oliver from Westman, Anderson from Yellowhead, Lycar, Lenschysyn, Kolesar, Gardiner, Boyd and Purtill also on.From Pembina there are Jeanson, Conrad, Wirth and McDonald. Not sure about Allison, he was injured at tryouts. That's about half of the squad, obviously all hearsay, so lots of Winnipeg kids on that we haven't heard about.

Slapstick204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 07:57 PM
HopefulCoach

My only viewing of Conrad was at Westerns but he was lights out. I would gladly take him on Oil Kings any day

HopefulCoach is offline   Reply With Quote