Dynamic as they come

vCash: 500
Link banned.

Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 02:38 PM
651*

Looks like the link is banned here. Just Google "Best American goalies" and the Bleacher Report link will be at the top.

651* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 528
Cool, never knew there was an elite NHL goalie from Minnesota, Mr. Zero Frank Brimsek.

Learn something new every day.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 06:45 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
Cool, never knew there was an elite NHL goalie from Minnesota, Mr. Zero Frank Brimsek.

Learn something new every day.
Its also the award given to the top Minnesota High School goaltender. The Mr. Hockey for goalies.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:00 PM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by 651 View Post
You know what, I thought about it and America in general has never produced particularly great goalies. I think even Europe has us beat in that category. Check out this link of all-time great US born goalies:

http://*******************/articles/...istory/page/10

Ehh, don't know about that. Maybe in the past, but currently I would say American Goaltenders > Canada and Sweden

Quick, Miller, Schneider, Thomas, Howard(bleh, but some think he's good), all are at worst top 15 goalies, top-10 for the first four.

Canada has Ward, Luongo, Fleury, Price, and Brodeur for their top five. I would say the best two out of the five would be Price and Ward, and they are still beat out by Quick, Miller, and Thomas, possibly Schneider as well.

Finland beats everyone. No competition. Rinne, Backstrom, Kiprusoff(sp?), Niemi, etc.

Sweden has...Lundqvist. Who else? Markstrom?

Russia has Varlamov. Whoo hoo.

I'd say American goaltenders are at the top of their game right now, close to Finland.

Now only if Minnesotan goalies could get to that level. Are there just not as many goalie camps out there for them to attend? Skaters have a slew of camps available at basically all times. Are there many goalie-centric camps out there?

FUBAR McDangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:46 PM
forthewild

You forget that russia has mr. ****ing universe as a goalie.
Oh well, is there a goalie that at one point vacationed in MN who we can claim as one of us for that all minnesota team?

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:51 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by forthewild View Post
You forget that russia has mr. ****ing universe as a goalie.
Oh well, is there a goalie that at one point vacationed in MN who we can claim as one of us for that all minnesota team?
Belfour played at UND and Richter played at Wisco. Can we average them together and count it for Minnesota?

squidz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 08:57 PM
651*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Ehh, don't know about that. Maybe in the past, but currently I would say American Goaltenders > Canada and Sweden

Quick, Miller, Schneider, Thomas, Howard(bleh, but some think he's good), all are at worst top 15 goalies, top-10 for the first four.

Canada has Ward, Luongo, Fleury, Price, and Brodeur for their top five. I would say the best two out of the five would be Price and Ward, and they are still beat out by Quick, Miller, and Thomas, possibly Schneider as well.

Finland beats everyone. No competition. Rinne, Backstrom, Kiprusoff(sp?), Niemi, etc.

I'd say American goaltenders are at the top of their game right now, close to Finland.

Now only if Minnesotan goalies could get to that level. Are there just not as many goalie camps out there for them to attend? Skaters have a slew of camps available at basically all times. Are there many goalie-centric camps out there?
Funny you should say that because I've been having that exact same discussion with someone on another forum. He's a Canadian and concedes America is the world leader right now in terms of netminders.

I was wondering who Team USA picks for our '14 Olympic team. By that time I don't think Miller or Thomas will even be needed.

I was thinking Vezina boy Quick will start (he was third string at the '10 Games) and then a Schneider next and then...maybe Illinois boy Anderson?

651* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:09 PM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Belfour played at UND and Richter played at Wisco. Can we average them together and count it for Minnesota?
First hell no that is some unwanted ******* child right there.

Doesn't do us any good now tho.

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:16 PM
vitogor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post

The Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan has Khudobin

vitogor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2012, 09:31 PM
J22

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
Brodeur's kid is playing at Shattuck, That makes Marty part Minnesotan right?

J22 is offline   Reply With Quote